Scooby-Doo 103 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Yo, what's up, Kemosabes?

This is your friendly film, TV show, and episode reporter here with another review.

Today, for my 13th analysis on an installment of the Scooby-Doo franchise, I'm gonna give you guys my take of "Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals!"

Here's the summary of it:

Having decided to take a vacation from solving mysteries, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma visit Brazil.

During a parade, though, the gang encounters a ferocious monster called Eshu. The peculiar thing is that he seems to be after a soccer ball with an autograph on it, which belongs to a couple of kids. When the ball is accidentally mixed up with the soccer balls for an upcoming game, getting it back to the kids before Eshu grabs it becomes easier said than done for Scooby and friends.

Will Mystery Inc. get the ball back? Or will the monster snatch it first?

Now I'd like to be honest. There is one detractor in this special that I couldn't help but take note of:

There were some animated elements that looked like they weren't finished being colored in or fully animated with the rest of the settings. A prime example came from the side of the glass container holding all the soccer balls in the stadium's storage unit.

Other than that, though, the special as a whole was as fun as any other Scooby-Doo installment I've watched.

For instance, despite some animated elements not being the most impressive to look at, there were others that were absolutely stunning and well-done to see.

The direction by Victor Cook, and the story by Erin Maher and Kathryn Reindl were excellent too. They did a remarkable job at capturing the Scooby-Doo spirit. The plot was mysterious, engaging, and intriguing, and the comedy aspect of the special was fun and well-worked to a tee.

Finally, the vocal performances and characters were as wonderful as in the previous specials that I reviewed. I was particularly amazed by the authentic Brazilian accents that the American guest stars incorporated into their characters, and they gave their roles an astounding sense of life too.

In the end, "Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals" isn't a flawless installment of the franchise centered on the lovable canine and friends. But, it's still quite a delicious treat to watch.

So, I rate "Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals" 4½ out of 5 stars.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1