Danny Phantom 138 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

After reading the latest chapter of “Guilt of a Phantom” by Powerdrainer (here's a LINK) I kept thinking to myself just what kind of an opening would this have? What music would it use? What scenes would pay? And all that stuff.

So here we are. I'm posting this challenge to anyone who is interested in making a fan made opening for “Guilt of a Phantom”. Powerdrainer has also expressed in an interest and is also, like me, hoping that someone would take up this challenge.

Now I would've given this a shot myself but I have enough trouble with the camera function on my phone.

Anyway while we would prefer a video clip, a type up description or storyboard of the opening would be appriacate as well. There are no real restrictions or guidelines for this challenge, you can use whatever song or images/scenes you'd like, nor does it have to be animated (images or drawings are okay), but I would prefer for the song and images to match or feel like the suit eachother.

Personally I prefer the anime style of openings.

I've already typed up and posted two openings using Bleach ending 28 Haruka Kanata and Narutp Shippuden ending 27 Black Night Town. (Examples are down below) I'm also of two others using Naruto Shippuden opening 8 song Diver and Bleach opening 2, the former focused on the Nightmare arc and the latter on the Sombra arc.

0-0-0
Also used for the opening of the fanmade webseries Dragonball Absalon.
Haruka Kanata by Unlimits, Bleach 28th ending song.
-0 to 37 seconds-(just instruments)
1 to 3 (The sun rises, it's light illuminates Amity Park)
3-8 (Shift between Fenton Works to Casper High to Nasty Burger)
9-12 (Shift to Canterlot being illuminated by the sunrise)
12-16 (Shift to Ponyville then to Golden Oaks Library to the rest of the Mane Six's homes and Danny's)
16-20 (Shift to Danny sitting on his stargazing hill, watching the sunrise before he stands up)
21-22 (Danny's upper back, going ghost)
23-24 (Left side of Danny's face, going ghost, a serious look)
25-28 (Danny's feet, goes ghosts and takes off into the air)
29-37 (Danny is soaring through the clouds and is joined by Sweetie Belle, Dani, Valerie, Rainbow Dash as the group flies around Twilight's hot air balloon, the rest of the Mane Six, Spike and the CMC in it and the Specter Speeder with Tucker, Jazz and the rest of Danny's allies in it.)
38 to 42 ~miagete ita no wa hyakukakkei no sora~ ( When I gazed up, I saw a hectagon[1]-shaped sky.)
(A ghost portals appears and several ghosts fly out and Danny and Co. head straight for it.)
43 to 47 ~MAINASU-hyakudo no surechigau shisen ni (Your eyes, as cold as 100 degrees below zero, failed to notice me,)
(Shift to Danny walking around Ponyville and greeting ponies along the way)
48 to 52 ~itetsuku shinzou  nigirishimeta te wa (so I gripped my freezing heart tightly in my hands,)
(He arrives to work where he greets the Mane Six)
53 to 56~GIRAGIRA asebande ita (which were already glittering with sweat,)
(His shadow changes into Nightmare Moon's form)
57 to 106~amakute nigai KONKURIITO no machi de ( in this town constructed with sweet and bitter concrete.)
(Danny is surrounded by darkness and beings to fell into the abyss as he start to change into his evil self)
107 to 110 ~HARUKA KANATA  tooku no sora e ( Into the far distance, towards the faraway sky,)
(He is caught/saved by the arm by Sam who smiles and fades into Twilight's magical aura)
111 to 115 ~tonde yukeru  bokura no koe wa ( our voice will be able to fly away.)
(Danny is pulled up into a the Mane Six's circle and is embraced by them)
116 to 126 ~takaku takaku  doko made mo tooku e todokete ( It'll rise higher and reach anywhere, no matter how far.)
(Danny's corruptions evaporates as he changes into his ghost self, looks around and finds himself surround by all of his friends and family.)
127 to 132 (They all then vanish and Danny finds himself in the ghost zone, he turns and faces Vlad who transforms into the Mark One)
133 to 136~kono machi ni afureru EGOISUTO no RUURU ( This town is filled with rules of the egoists.)
(Danny relives the fight with the Mark One back in the alley)
137 to 141~omotai kusari ni tsunagareta teashi ( My hands and feet are tied down by these heavy chains.)
(He is knocked down, drained as the Mark One prepares to finish him off)
142 to 146~sore de mo bokura wa hikizurarenai you ni ( Yet, because I don't want to be dragged by others,)
(As the blast is unleashed, Sam runs towards the stunned Danny and pushes his out of the way)
147 to 151~mogakitsuzukete iru n da ( I'm still struggling hard to free myself.)
(Danny watches her die and cries out in pain and sorrow)
152 to 156~korosanaide  kimi no kotae o ( Do not erase your answers,)
(Young Danny is on his hands and knees crying, a hand touches his shoulder)
157 to 200~boku wa mienai furi shinai yo ( for I will not pretend not to notice.)
(He turns and sees his older self, who hugs him and young Danny fades away)
201 to 211~kakusanaide  sono te no naka ni aru omoi o ( Do not hide those thoughts in your hands.)
(Older Danny beings to cry as well before a hoof touches his own shoulder and turns to find Twilight there. She hugs him and he finds himself among his friends and family again when he lets her go.)
212 to 227
(They all look up and see Vlad infront of all of Danny's enemies and several other ghosts. The two groups then charge at each other and a battle breaks out. Danny faces off against Vlad as the rest of his friends battle his other enemies. Valerie blasts several ghosts, Sweetie Belle with Tucker's help bucks Skulker's head off, Tucker makes Technus short-out, Dani and Jazz blast Ember and Spectra into each other, Fluttershy stares several animal ghosts and Youngblood into submission, and Twilight and the rest manage to seal the Fright Knight into a pumpkin.)
228 to 237 ~ayatsurareta  yuganda sekai de ( In this twisted world where others have command over me,)
(Danny and Vlad's fight grows more intense as Vlad gains the upper hand and knocks Danny down as he turns back into a human)
238 to 240 ~sakende miseru ( I'll show you what I can do,)
(Danny struggles to get back up as he looks up)
241 to 244 ~boku dake no koe de ( by screaming in my own voice.)
(Seeing his friends Danny stands ups and looks at Vlad defiantly
245 to 249 ~HARUKA KANATA  bokura no asu wa ( In the far distance is our future,)
(He goes ghost in a flash of blinding light and rockets towards Vlad)
250 to 254 ~dare mo shiranai  dare mo kesenai ( which nobody else knows and nobody else can erase.
(Shift to Danny putting the lid on the Fenton Thermos as he turns back into a human and turns around, walking towards the others.)
255 to 305~fukaku tsuyoku  tsukisasaru omoi o shinjite ( Believe in this thought that's pricking us deeply and powerfully.)
(Twilight and the others charge and dog pile him as they hug him and laugh. Shift to Danny's stargazing hill, they are all there looking at the stars. Twilight leans against Danny as the watch a meteor shower.)
306 to 325
(Shift between various scenes of ponies, humans and ghosts together)
0-0-0
Opening is based on the first four chapters. Link to the song, it's one of the ending for Naruto Shippuden: SONG LINK
0 to 0:12 (Moving over Amity Park, a dark cloudy night, shifting from the important places to Danny and his friends)
0:13 to 0:19 (Shift to Danny's apartment, shift closer and closer till inside) where Danny sits alone)
0:20 to 0:29 (Danny sits alone in the dark, slowly getting closer to him)
0:30 to 0:34 (Shift closer and pan down to the curled up Danny)
0:35 to 0:39 (Danny looks up with a sad, pained look, his eyes glow green before he closes them and looks away)
0:40 to 0:49 (Flashback to the fight with the Mark One Clone and ends with Danny staring at where Sam just died)
0:50 to 1:00 (Young Danny standing in Amity Park, goes ghost as his hand glow with ecto and charges at Skulker who shifts from major foe to major foe, ending with Dan Phantom/Vlad as view pans around them, with images of Danny's happiest memories popping in, ending with Danny's picture with Tucker and Sam.)
1:01 to 1:10 (Shift to Danny on the train to Ponyville as it stops and he stands up)
1:11 to 1:29 (Shift to outside as Danny steps out and walks into town, Pinkie appearing  out of nowhere and beings to follow him.)
Yeah didn't feel like adding the lyrics this time but I feel the song suited the images, which yeah where based on the images used in the ending.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1