Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

1. Story name: Brotherly Love

2. By: fluttershywriter

3. Suggested folders: Uhm... I'm not sure. The main characters of this story are Fluttershy and her brother, who is obviously an OC.

4. Summary: "Fluttershy's always hidden a secret from her friends. It's not a horrible, dark secret. In fact, it's nothing out of the ordinary, at least to everypony else: she's got an older brother.

Her brother, though, has always seems to best her when it comes to, well, everything. Tempers flare when he visits Ponyville, and Fluttershy finds herself wondering if she'll ever manage to be as good as him."

5. Why the story belongs here: Again, the main characters are Fluttershy and her OC brother. Also, unlike some of the stories I've submitted, this time the sibling bond IS the focus of the story.

6. Evidence: From a certain point of view, this fic could be considered a deconstruction and reconstruction of the "super-coolness" and "everybody likes them" clichés that are usually attributed to OC brothers, especially those badly written. A deconstruction because this story shows how terrible would be, for character like Fluttershy, to have a brother that everypony likes, sometimes more than her.

A reconstruction, because her brother isn't a bad brother nor does he realize about Fluttershy's feelings, partly because Fluttershy never told him. He isn't full of himself either, even if it may look like that at the beggining. He's the typical big brother, of good heart but a bit careless, that just happens to be stronger and bigger than his little sister. Overall, this is a story about both siblings learning from each other, which allows them to create an even stronger bond.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Anyway: story about siblings learning to be better siblings. Happy ending, no violence, no gore, no incest and no adult content of any kind. The usual.

7. Why it should not: Fluttershy doesn't have a very high opinion of her brother at the begginning.

8. Evidence: Basically, Fluttershy thinks her brother is going to take her friends away from her, and although at first she acts polite as always, we can see the tension boiling inside her, until it finally bursts out and she yells at her brother. They get better.

9. Additional notes: I like this story because I think it tells an important lesson: Sometimes we may get jealous of other people's success, but we have to learn to appreciate the things we've done. Sometimes jealousy prevents us from seeing our own success.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Thats a moral I should learn, too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2