Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

1. Story name: Pinkie's Trio of Tales for Tots

2. By: Metool Bard

3. Suggested folders: Pinkie Pie (and maybe The Cakes if Pinkie acting sisterly towards Pound and Pumpkin counts)

4. Summary: "One of the flaws of the Fourth Wall Theater Troupe is that one of its founding members, Discord, doesn't keep a schedule (he's the Master of Chaos; why would he?). As such, it's very possible for him to drop in for a brainstorming session at the most inappropriate of times. Like when Pinkie Pie is supposed to be foal-sitting Pound and Pumpkin, for instance.
But perhaps it is possible to eat two cakes with one spork. After all, inspiration can strike when you least expect it, and it's almost time for the twins to go to bed, anyway. Yeah, I think you can see where this is going."

5. Why the story belongs here: In this fic, Pinkie tells three bedtime stories to the twins. Two of them involve Pinkie and her sisters back in the rock farm, and it's shown (even stated by Pinkie herself) that they love each other very much. Also, Pinkie is taking care of Pound and Pumpkin and showing that she cares about them, even if they're not blood-related.

6. Evidence: I think this is a pretty harmless fic. Pinkie is the one narrating the stories, and I think the author did a great job not only in portraying her but also in making her narrate the tales in a, let's say, "child story-like fashion", which I think makes the stories very cute and funny. Overall, this fic is kinda like revisiting the old stories you used to read in your childhood.

7. Why it should not: Pinkie's bond with her sisters is not the focus of the story, nor is it her bond with the twins. Also, there is some dialogue that, from certain point of view, could be considered violent.

8. Evidence: In the first story, a diamond dog threatens to enslave the sisters. In the second story, another diamond dog threatens to "break them to pieces." Obviously, these threats never come to pass and they're played for laughs, but they can be a bit shocking at first.
It's that type of fairytale violence that kids don't notice but adults do. Kinda like re-reading Hansel and Gretel again when you're older and realizing that they burn the witch alive!
:pinkiegasp:
(It's just a comparison. No witch is burned here)

9. Additional notes: This fic is a sequel to "Apple Bloom and the timberwolf". It's also a pretty good fic, but you don't really need to read it to understand what's going on in this one.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1