Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Hello, I am glad to see that you are willing to submit your/ are willing to submit a fic on someone else’s behalf to my group. Please review the forum before posting, for unlike many other groups, I am experimenting with a new type of story submission process.
A copy of the form will be at the bottom of the post.

Please understand that this is done to weed out the troll fics and random spam.

First off, before I get to the actual forum, I would like to review a few rules;
1. No alternate Universe, this rule is in place because the inclusion of Alt. Universes makes clarifying and classifying what is cannon and what is not very difficult.*
2. No incest. Period.
3. Molestation is under probation, meaning that doing it for fun or in a clop sort of way is not allowed, but It can be in a story if it is not graphic and in a crucial plot point.*
4. Stories involving Batponies as main characters are not allowed, and if suggested will need to be approved directly.*
5. Stories may have the sibling’s fight, which is what they do, but the story must end in a positive way for all parties somehow.

Alright, now, onto the submission process.

When you feel that you would like to submit your story to the group, drop it into the incoming folder. Then, within 24 hours, please fill out the following form and POST IT IN THE FORUM. I understand things happen, and if you need an extension, create a thread with your story name on it, and just say that you are busy. Your story may be submitted as many times as you follow all of the regulations.

The following form needs to be followed so that the story can be submitted quickly and efficiently, this does not need to be filled out to the letter, but more information is easier for us. If your form is found to be invalid, your story will be removed from the group, be it the Incoming folder, or if it is approved and found later.

All forms need items: 1 ,2,4,5, and 7.

Name the forum with the title of the story and that it is a submission.
1. Story name: (Links help)
2. By: Author Name (please clarify if you are submitting for someone else. See below for that protocol)**
3. Suggested folders: based on what characters are the focus of the story, this will help us place this story where it belongs.
4. Summary: This is important, feel free to take as much space as you need, but you need to summarize your story for us. Spoilers are required for this section so that we can understand where this is headed. If chapters are not written yet, please spoil them. After the story is approved, the thread can be deleted at your discretion.
5. Why the story belongs here: From your summary, please type a small reason as for why your story promotes the example of a sibling in a correct way.
6. Evidence: from here, cite chapters or places where your story shows #5. This is not necessary, but it does help in the approval process. In short, it speeds up our process of proving that article 5 above was genuine.
7. Why it should not: no siblings get along perfectly. And no story is perfect for everyone. In some way, shape, or form, there is something that could be considered questionable and may conflict with the group. Just because you can put something here does not mean the story will be denied. We will look at it and judge for ourselves. This can range from a character swearing to a pair of siblings fighting. If molestation is a part of your story, it MUST be mentioned here.
8. Evidence: please point out where the questionable material in # 7 takes place so we can look at it. Like I said, just because you have things in this article does not mean your story will be denied.
9. Additional notes: anything you would like to add is placed here.

After this is complete, an admin will look at the story, and upon seeing that the report is genuine, will promptly file your story in the correct folder. This is made to speed up the approval process, and in a way allow us to see the inner workings of your story.

The following is an example of my story, Just a Dream.

SUBMISSION: Just a Dream
1. Just a Dream
2. Dancewithknives
3. The Royal Alicorn Sisters
4. On Nightmare Night, Celestia, Luna, and the Twilicorn are going to go to Ponyville to party. Celestia decides to stay behind and sleep. She goes to bed and begins to dream about her childhood with Luna. Eventually it builds up to the banishment and as she watches, the current Luna enters her dream and forgives her, and they both leave as the Elements Banish Luna to the moon.
5. The story is about forgiveness. The majority is just childhood memories, and in the end Luna forgives Celestia for what she had to do and they move on.
6. The majority of the story is about them as fillies, and right at the end Luna shows Celestia that it is time to move on.
7. At two points in the story, Celestia gets her nose broken by Luna, also they fight near the end and Luna is also banished.
8. This happens within the last 2,000 words.
9. This story was well received, many people enjoyed it and said that I did a good job on retelling an interpretation of something that has been done for many years among the fandom.

Afterwards, someone will look at the form and the fic, and if approved they will notify you and move the story. If not, then they will move it to me, and either I will pass judgment or will delegate it to someone else, supplying reasons of why not. Fallacy in the report will have the story removed with no further review from us, but you are able to submit again.
I, as founder of the group, in the act to spread the word of our mission, have the ability to submit fics by bypassing the Self Approval form process.

BLANK FORM:
1. Story name:
2. By:
3. Suggested folders:
4. Summary:
5. Why the story belongs here:
6. Evidence:
7. Why it should not:
8. Evidence:
9. Additional notes:

*as always, if you feel that your story is fit for this group, but somehow violates the above rules, contact me with your reasons and the matter will be handled directly. I am reasonable, and I will just ask a few questions.
** In the event that you submit on someone else’s behalf, after the story passes screening, it will be sent to the original author and will be moved to the correct folder upon receiving their consent to do so.

Comment posted by Dash Attack deleted Apr 29th, 2014
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

2252423 fill out the form and send it to me in private, i'll ask my questions from there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2