Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

1. Story name: Brother Bothers

2. By: Sketcha-Holic

3. Suggested folders: Background and OC Siblings

4. Summary: Pinkie Pie tries to make Cheese Sandwich and his brother Tomato reconcile. Needless to say, a lot of mishaps happen, and a lot of arguments ensue. All three of them get more stressed out and angrier as the day goes on.

5. Why the story belongs here: It's mainly about how siblings should resolve their differences and talk things out instead of fighting and blaming each other for every conflict. It also shows how jealousy can blind one to how much they're hurting those around them, and how grouchiness is not the best way to protect yourself against verbal attacks. Forgiveness is also a theme in the story.

6. Evidence: Cheese and Tomato Sandwich spend the entire fic fighting--only for a serious muck-up to hurt one of them, which makes the other realize that their fighting won't solve anything, and actually attempt to reconcile without Pinkie's prodding. They do end up making up at the end, and start to rebuild a positive relationship.

7. Why it should not: Like I said, the two spend the majority of the fic fighting. Not to mention some things might come across as entirely the fault of one brother (most readers would easily pin the blame on Tomato since A) he's the grumpier brother, B) he's an OC, and C) Weird Al pony should remain (mostly) blameless since he had a tough childhood and is justified in being jealous (to dangerous levels)).

8. Evidence: Both of them say some nasty things about each other. It's bad enough that most of the other ponies (sans Pinkie) are afraid to interfere, since there is a very real chance of the relationship worsening.

9. Additional notes: I had wanted to add this story earlier, but I decided that it'd be best if I finished it first, since the two reconcile in the last couple of chapters and are writing each other in the epilogue. So far, the story has been well-received, and I've been told plenty of times that Tomato is a well-developed OC in his own right, as well as being given a believable relationship with Cheese, and that he'd fit right into the show.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Ill try to get to this today or tomorrow.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3