Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Story name: The Mess We're In

By: Bluegrass Brooke (me)

Suggested folders: Flim Flam Brothers

Summary: Flim and Flam are twins who've always had big dreams. Their latest was the Super Speedy Cider Squeesy 6000. But now, it is nothing more than a collection of mechanical junk. The gig was Flim's idea, and he feels an overwhelming sense of guilt for its failure. Now, the brothers find themselves stranded in the middle of a country road, with their whole world literally crumbling before their eyes. Choices must be made, and lines must be drawn. It won't be easy.

This is my one shot prequel to my upcoming Flim/Applejack romance titled An Honest Life. It takes after the events of Super Speedy Cider Squeezy and before Leap of Faith. The story is slice of life, focusing on the characters and their struggle at a point in time.

Why the story belongs here: Flim and Flam are two characters that always fascinate me. I feel that as twins with such similar interests, they have a lot to offer in the way of sibling growth. My story focuses on the deep rooted relationship the twins have, and their reliance on each other. Though the second half mostly focuses on Flim, I feel the story still highlights the concern each brother have for each other. The brothers' entire world revolves around each other, and I feel that is conveyed in the story. Also, I put in a very cute scene with an OC that helps highlight Flim's kind nature.

Evidence: Quotes...

Flam gave his twin a big hug, nuzzling him gently. "I'm sorry too Flim. It's not your fault." He stared around at their surroundings. They appeared to be stuck in some back road, lined with mature peach trees. From the maps he had studied, he knew there was a town fairly close by. "I'm going to go to town, see if there's anypony to buy these scraps."

Flim struggled to join his brother, but fell back to earth in the attempt. Flam sighed and forced him to lie still. "You stay here Flim. I'll be back." His face broke into his first real smile in weeks. "Won't take long. Promise."

First the machine, now this. Blast it all. I really am useless. Wouldn't be surprised if Flam just up and left. His heart clenched at the very thought of his brother leaving for good. They were twins, and as twins, did everything together. Flim could not remember the last time he had been alone, but it did not feel right. "Come back soon Flam."

Why it should not: It starts off with Flim and Flam arguing with each other (no cursing), Flam kicks Flim at one point. The ending is a little negative, though there are positive undertones.

Evidence: Quotes.

Flam's voice rose ever higher. "Sorry? Sorry doesn't cut it Flim!" He kicked a gear skyward snorting in frustration. "We should have taken my idea from the start. But no, I let you talk me into this crazy stunt of yours. Now look at us!"

"I didn't mean-"

"-You didn't mean to eh? Well tuff love kid. You screwed us over big time!" Flam's sides huffed with rage, and he nudged his brother in the chest. "Get up, we've got to move this heap of junk so we can sell it for scrap."

"But we've always told ourselves we'd be honest about our work. The machine wasn't perfect, but it worked, and we were selling them descent cider." Flim's voice took on a high pitched, desperate tone. "But to rob them of their hard earned bits?" He frowned, looking at the ground. "It's not honest."

His brother huffed, snorting in exasperation. "Nopony ever gets ahead in life by being honest! Deal with it Flim." He started to walk forward, lifting the box of peaches. "Come on."

Additional notes: I really enjoyed writing this story, and love to work on Flim and Flam's relationship. It's been well received, and I can't wait to write more about these two in my next story. I feel that it shows some of the struggles siblings have to go through, especially siblings as close as Flim and Flam.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

3266072 accepted and moved.

Ive actually been looking for a good flinflam story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2