Bronies who play musical instruments 147 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

If so, then here! Check out my saxophone quartet cover of the Traverse Town Theme from Kingdom Hearts!

Traverse Town (RetroSAX Saxophone Quartet)

Enjoy!

2445270 I like. Sounds like Christmas :pinkiehappy:

2445284 Then Merry Christmas! I hope you like my gift...:fluttershysad:

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Never heard any, but I'll check your cover out.

How'd you produce this? My search for a way to make music has brought me here. Also, I love love love Kingdom Hearts. I've sort of made it a hobby to transcribe its music, like Xion's theme: http://mercgilado.tumblr.com/post/70682207195/http-www-noteflight-com-scores-view-5c0a00c608cf5

2445330 It was quite simple, really. First, I just had to get the arrangement. Then, I acquired a bari saxophone to record the bass for it and the rest was alto. :twilightsmile:

So the first step is to get a recorder. Huh, that was easier than expected. But I only play the bass. Not much to do with that as-is.

2447656 Well, you'd need something to record with, like you said. I personally just use the mic that came with my Rock Band set and the Audacity program. As for the bass...are you a wind player? Perhaps we could collaborate. :twilightsmile:

Well, I used to play the sax, but that was in school. I don't have one now, but for what it's worth I think I know how to compose for wind instruments. No formal training mind you, all I do now as far as writing is stuff I gathered on my own. Bass is my soul~ I can play the acoustic bass as well, and if that translates to the ability to play other string instruments, I guess I can play those too. I don't know how to use a bow, though.

2447693 Coolio man. Hey, if you ever compose something that you want played/recorded, send it my way. I'd love to play it. :pinkiehappy:

I will be the bassman, then, once I get that up and running. If you like Shrouding Dark Cloud or Vector to the Heavens, they were next on my list for transcription.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12