When They Were Young 1,106 members · 125 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Childhood is a frightening time. Adulthood is as well but children have much simpler, concrete fears. What scared our favorite 'big' ponies? Was Celestia afraid of the dark? Did Luna ever fear being alone? Maybe Discord has always been afraid of change? What about Chrysalis?
What do you think? Be original.

Celestia was afraid of her mom yelling at her for raising the sun too early

2452771 Every-one is afraid of their mom yelling at them. I heard Fluttershy's Stare is based on something L. Faust's mom used to do to her. Yes, the coolest Producer/Animator/Director/Writer around was afraid of her mom. Besides, why else did Celestia want to raise the sun so early?

my mom is scare of me

I don't know why

Maybe Chrysalis was scared of being replaced? Celestia afraid of disappointment? Luna afraid of losing control? Discord afraid of other people changing?

2452859 And that would be four servings of irony. I like it but: Was Celestia afraid of disappointing others or being disappointed by others? That might be why Discord missed Celestia so much, because she did NOT change? Not from the time they meet? Was Chrysalis the fourth girl of a mother who wanted a son? I like this, please continue.

Hmm....Celly would probably be afraid of disappointing others......Discord probably misses the old Celly, and isn't willing to change with his friends so he can never get his old friends back, yet not wanting change conflicted with his personality. This would leave him at a constant contradiction with himself, explaining why he's often cruel towards Celly.......And Chryssy, being part of a hive, is at constant risk of being replaced by a carbon copy of herself. and since her race is good at deception, she might fear a changeling would take her place to feed off her friends.

So what do you think of that?

2452991 First the Chryssy is inline with most headcannons (and comics, but those said Twilight's mother wrote Daring Do, enough said), and almost the opposite of my own. Changelings are a beautiful, intelligent, misunderstood people led astray by Chrysalis. Ponies have more DNA and culture in common with Changelings than zebras, buffalo, or diamond dogs. Changelings are another tribe of ponies themselves who stayed in the land that unicrons, earth ponies and pegasi abandoned before the founding of Equestria and are ignored in history lessons. They are fully capable of living, undisguised in pony society, feeding of the passive love of their friends, which can be given without limit. No-one's hurt when you feed on their love, ever, unless you use it to hurt them. No hive, no carbon copies, she afraid of being replaced in the same way we are. <sigh> Feels good to get that out of my system...
I never saw Discord being cruel to Celly, yes he teases her, but that's what you do when kids like each other, right? What was Celestia like when they first meet? Why did she change? Did he?
And Celestia should be afraid, all she's ever done is disappoint others; she could not save her sister who lived with her pain for hundreds of years before her banishment, she could not save her later, she could not fight Discord when he broke loose, she did not foresee the Changelings, nor could she fight them, she couldn't even save herself when the tentacles attacked her and Luna.
And maybe Luna had a short temper when she was a kid? Is that what you meant by losing control?
Sorry about my tyraid involving the Changelings, but the whole 'bug' thing is just stupid. The Flutterponies have dragonfly wings but they live in beautiful Flutter Valley. Why the double standard? If anything they should be Gak ponies; the cell they made for Celestia was clearly made of a sticky, flexible green solid acting as a fluid.:trollestia:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8