The Perpetual Discussion Group 138 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Debonair
Group Admin

It's been months since the last installment of Food 4 Thought and I thought I'd talk about something that's been bothering me as of late.

Tomorrow is Christmas and around this time of year I find a lot of people asking how Christmas and Hearth'swarming would conflict with each other. And I thought I'd weigh my thoughts as well as share my stance on Equestrian Religion.

Hearth's Warming,

It's a touching story, it really is, about the light of friendship between the three races being stoked by hatred of their superiors. Well the episode can tell it way better and it's been about a year since I actually sat down and watched that particular one. Tensions were high between the three races as an unexplained blizzard blanketed the ground. Pegasi were unable to stop it, garnering blame from the Earth Ponies, who could not grow food for themselves let alone the others. Starving and angry each tribe sent their leaders to find a new place to live. They soon found land suitable for each of their needs.

Unbeknownst to them they claimed the same land and started building. Soon they encountered each other and began arguing. Soon the same blizzard they were running from reached their new land led by Windigoes. Those too busy fighting to notice, froze from their cold hearts outward, leaving the few seeking peace alone. Those left unfrozen soon become close friends leaving the Windigoes without their meal of choice Hatred and they soon leave,

(Or if you prefer are slaughtered by the Magic of Friendship)

After the others thaw they soon put aside their differences and create their new country Equestria.

I'm gonna just assume that everybody knows what Christmas is or more importantly what it started out as. I'm not going to delve too deep into it because it holds different meanings to each of us, and I don't really care if you celebrate it or not, your choice.

Christmas is to some of us the story of Jesus' birth, Mary and Joseph, the three wise men, shepherds etc... It now symbolizes the essence of family, a time to give and receive comfort and joy,

And right there I see not conflict but a harmony, Both of these Holidays, are about togetherness and the Magic of Friendship and Family. Gifts don't need to be exchanged, you simply need to be in the presence of something greater, be it a Religious figure, or just a few pals.

On the topic of Equestrian religion I don't think they have a single one, sure they have myths, but so far each one of them has been proven true. I find Equestria is a continent based in fact. They know that it takes the equivalent of six Unicorns to raise and lower Celestial bodies,(Unless that's a conspiracy, maybe part 5?) and that an Alicorn is equal to at least six of every race. History plays a big part in every legend, tall tales more often than naught are mostly true. You could say that in a sense they have religion and I'm okay with that, to each their own. I'm curious to see your take on our little ponies, but remember this even though personal beliefs may conflict, in essence many religions are the same at their core.

Happy Holidays,
Debonair

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1