The Good OCxCanon List 56 members · 22 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

My OC is Sukhbataar, which means "Hero of the Axe" in Mongolian.

I imagined a more stocky build and slightly smaller eyes, but other than that, pretty close to how I imagined him; at any rate, I'm not complaining to the artist who was kind enough to draw this for me!

His Cutie Mark is the Endless Knot, a Mongolian symbol of compassion and love.

He is a Przewalski's Horse, a separate ethnicity of equine from most Equestria Ponies, and a very real and unique type of horse. He is his species' equivalent of 30-year-old male human.

His parents moved from Przewalskia to Equestria because of Przewalskia's failing economy. Growing up in the culture of Equestria, which was wildly different from the culture of Przewalskia, and having parents that still lived like they were in Przewalskia, he clashed with his parents a lot. Eventually, in his late adolescency, this resulted in a huge falling out with them, and he promptly cut off all contact from them.

Scratching a living with difficulty during his college days, he joined the Equestrian Military to get additional funding and to forget the guilt he had over the fight with his parents. With the money he gained, he got himself a degree in cultural Hippology (Pony version of Anthropology), and landed himself a job in Pony Terrain Systems (similar to Human Terrain Systems), but he found the work unethical, and became an officer to have more of a say against unethical combat.

Eventually he met Candy Mane, Scootaloo's single mother, and developed an intense relationship with her, and when she died of cancer, he wound up "inheriting" Scootaloo. Initially uncomfortable with that as Scootaloo was fathered by another male, he eventually saw much of Candy Mane in her and treated her like a father. He is basically now a single father.

He can be bitter, especially at himself, because of his self-dislike for his poor relationship with his parents, and he tends to give and take orders as a result of his military training, but in spite of all this, he can be very meek, sad, and even, beneath all of his stern self, highly compassionate, hence his Cute Mark. But his love can be tough, and yet if one knows him well enough for him to warm up to, he can be the firm shoulder for another Pony to rely on.

He has a core of inner strength, something that makes him live up to his name.
He may have a soft shell, he may be meek, timid, and haunted by anything he did conflicts with his conscience,
but he has an iron core to balance it - he has a strong will, a strong sense of justice, and great stamina. In spite of everything, he has lines he will not cross, no matter the cost to him, and he does things he feels compelled to do by his conscience - like taking care of Scootaloo and eventually reconciling with his parents. He is headstrong when he thinks he is doing the right thing, and a gentlecolt when interacting with other ponies.

However, he can be too stubborn and too obsessive for his own good.

So matchmakers, make him a match! What canon Pony would he be best for, be it for comparison or contrast?

Put that mother fucking boss where he belongs, with the best pony out there for him. Spitfire

Okay! And is "mother fucking boss" a good thing, or does his character need more adjustments?

Oh dear, I just a got a potentially good/bad idea. Sukhbataar, Spitfire, Rainbow Dash, and Scootaloo are all what remains of various broken families throughout Equestria, and gradually pull themselves together in a fully functional family...even though none of them are related!

Basically, Scootaloo's biological parents are dead, Sukh cut himself off from the rest of his family, Spitfire is divorced, and Rainbow Dash's parents are too high to care! But these four, each from a separate, broken family, gradually knit themselves together into a brand new family.

It's a reversal. A lot of fiction is about a conventional family breaking into many pieces, but this time, it's about what starts out as four separate families that broke into many pieces, and the pieces knit themselves together in a brand-new family. Sukhbataar gains custody over Scootaloo for starters, and then marries Spitfire, and then they take in Rainbow Dash as an "honorary daughter", thus giving them all the family that they lost and deserve.

How bad or good does that sound?

I partially redefined his personality, as seen at the bottom of his description. Would you still reccommend Spitfire after that?

First comment, no he doesn't need any from my opinion.

Second comment, that's a good idea, based somewhat your own opinion of things but a good idea be sure to explain that as well as possible.

Third comment, that's your choice.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6