Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

We know that Cloud made quite an impact in Las Pegasus' training grounds and left with a bunch friends that moved on with their lives :

- Ford Mustang became a ship captain in the Equestria Royal Navy in Baltimore. (he even has a "mermaid" as a first mate, thus making Cloud super jelly!)
- Silent was recruited into the Lunar Guard and climbed up to the rank of the Guard's first squad.
- Maverick and Stardust stayed in Las Pegasus and became instructors under Sergeant Crystal Pagétonas.
- Gale and Blossomforth followed Cloud to Ponyville and are still fine with serving under her.
- Ace Orator starting working in the CEI under the famous Mane, Con Mane....

And while all of that is really nice and already cool, I like to believe that her time in Las Pegasus brought the opportunity for Cloud to meet people from other nations and probable became friends with them along the way.

Here's a few characters I thought would be interesting to have as Cloud's long distance friends. (with a picture when I find them)

1) Ambassador Amira Kalimat-Latif of Saddle Arabia

She and Cloud met during one of Spitfire's special tests for her secret protegé: Guarding a member of the Saddle Arabian diplomatic corp in visit to Las Pegasus without any mishaps or slips of tongues (or other limbs for that matter). Spitfire was cruel enough to put Amira, an assistant of the ambassador back-then but a very attractive young woman in the care of Cloud Kicker. In the end, it was never clear if Cloud failed or succeeded Spitfire's test as the Wonderbolt never managed to get a proper answer regarding Cloud's behavior from the silver-tongued Saddle-Arabian diplomat, a talent that had somehow been acquired by the usually talkative blonde during that same period.

2) Natalya Black-Beack, Rider of Gryffonia,

As a new recruit of the Gyffonian Military's most famous unit, The Gryphon Riders, Natalya's rite of passage was to explore the mountains located North of the Neutral territory of the Frontier in order to collect a Gryphon egg. It was during this egg hunt that Natalya met Cloud for the first time: Her quest, as well as some misleading clues from one she thought to be a mere "friendly rival", lead her deep into Equestrian territory where she was caught by Cloud whose squad was on patrol in the area for the annual grand maneuvers. The fight between the two that ensued was long and harsh and only ended when both realized they had strayed from the mountain-path right into the nesting grounds of a flock of Gryphons. Amidst the chaos, Natalya tried to snatch an egg from a nearby nest but would have been clawed in pieces if Cloud hadn't shoved her, and herself, out of the way into a ravine. Once they escaped the flock and the adrenaline came down, Natalya realized the huge risk Cloud had taken to save her, a soldier from another nation she had been fighting against not an hour before. In the end, Natalya and Cloud parted ways after a much needed rest, not after the Future Gryphon Rider promised to make it up to Cloud for saving her life one day.... Though, the blonde claims that Natalya's life debt to her was payed the same day when the white-haired girl didn't shoot her in the head for her suggestion of paying the debt in nature. The bullet came way too close to have been a mere warning shot.

....Well, that's all I got so far. (I mean, I do have Ford's Mermaid for a "Sea-folk" friend of Cloud (and Mustang) but I haven't decided on her name, character design and abilities yet. If you get any idea on possible new non-Equestrian citizen who could be long distance pals with Cloud, feel free to share them with me :p Same if you have some remark to make about Amira (I have a nice idea on how to use her :) ) and Natalya, let me know as well.

Bye,

Mariacheat

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1