Elites
Solar Guard
Lunar Guard: Silent Cloud
Wonderbolts Squadron : Spitfire, Soarin, Fleetfoot, Surprise,

Special Status
Chivalric Orders : Knight Flash Sentry
Junior Wonderbolts : Renée Marianne "Rainbow" Dash, Lightning Dust
Cloudsdale's Praetorians : Prefect Regulus "Rainbow Blitz" Dash
Canterlot's Arcanists : Master Arcanist Velvet "Starlight" Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer
Equestria's Amiralty: Fleet Admiral Vito Philharmonica of Manehatten

Troopers
Eponian Lancers : Jonah Apple (Youth)
Jupitarian Corps : Crystal Pagétonas, Cloud Kicker, Blossomforth Shields, Gale Swiftwing, Ace Orator
Titanian Arcanists : Constance "Constant" Vigilance (Ponyville)
Equestria's Navy : Ford Mustang

I was bored tonight, so I wrote this instead of working on the next chapter of GTVS :pinkiecrazy: (I'm bad, I know :raritywink:)
What do you think of this chart? and the couple of people in it? (Yeah, I couldn't find someone to put in the Solar Guard :p)

3817576 oooooh this is interesting.

Hmm so AJ's dad was in the military at some point in his life? That is actually very interesting. (That is if I read that right and my memory's right.) And the Philharmonicas still have ties to the navy. That's cool too.

As for the solar guard you could just make up a random OC.

3817576 Hmm interesting.... dam i can't think of one for Solar guard either.

Sweet! My OC is served as prominent example for Equestria's Navy! :rainbowkiss: Thanks!

Anyway, could you provided definitions and/or further details/descriptions on some of the military professions listed below?

- Cloudsdale's Praetorians
- Equestria's Amiralty
- Eponian Lancers

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

The Praetorians are the force that maintain order in Cloudsdale, and the bodyguards of the City in the Sky's senators (for the prefects like Rainbow Dash's Dad) , they're not officially affiliated to the Royal Guard chain of command, but they basically have that role in Cloudsdale. They are a very selective bunch as they refuse recruits that come from families that haven't lived in Cloudsdale for at least three generations. They also have close ties to the Wheater management team in Cloudsdale, and the Rainbow Factories (not the grim dark thingy!)

The Amiralty is basically what the name implies, the assembly of all Fleet admirals from the great port cities of Equestria (like Manehatten, and Baltimare) They have a special status because they basically do their thing outside of Shining Armor's command, and only answers to Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna. (Since Shining never put a foot on a boat in his life.)

The Lancer is the title given to any eponians in the regular forces, but that comes from the days of yore when the army was divided in three group with very particular functions : The lancers were the phalanx of Spearmen with shields on foot, and riders. The Jupitarian Corps were flying archers, and Scouts. The Arcanists were battle mages. Now of course, the names are just that names, ( as some very good scouts, or archers are Eponians and Titanians... Some Titanians aren't talented enough to be arcanists, but excellent spearmen, etc etc....

Okay, so does the Amiralty have any connection with Equestia's Navy? Whether they do or not, what's the difference?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Basically the Amiralty commands to the forces of the Navy. The Amiralty is the high command of the naval forces of Equestria, and stands completely independent of the normal Chain of Command in the guards. The navy is set apart of the royal guard in therm of organization, but in the eyes of the average joe, they're just a branch of the Royal guards.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7