Only War RP 12 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

"My fellow Guardsman, there was a time not long ago where there were nine planets and these planets were being eaten from the inside out by insects and these planets were the target of a exterminatus fleet not so long ago. But me and my supporters argued "they are men just as us are they not? Hand them the means to defend their home and they will." and so we were given a chance. I was a soldier for many years and a General for many more I have fought the great devourer time and time again there maybe other xenos and heretics out there but you don't know the meaning of fear until you meet the tyranids. Mark my words they are the truest threat to the imperium and yet you for so long without us fought them off not just with force but with the same prudence I would have had as a soldier. You have shown that we do not need exterminatus! why starve the devourer when we can break it's jaw right here! It warms my heart whenever I bring one of those bugs under my boot heel as much as it warms my heart to be your new leader. Now keep making wise decisions, don't let me down now and before long we will stand atop the corpse of the Emperor's worst foe... the hivemind!"

With this all the guardsman cheered. The govenor was always one for theatrics and never missed the chance of appearing grand or making a speech. After his speech was over and the men went back to their duty he casually peered off the wall of the bunker looking over the tyranid strewn battlefield, watching the tanks his tanks crushing the abominations under there treads once the tanks stopped at the rally point the governor waved to them. A sign for the tank commander to come out and place the regimental banner in the corpse of the largest bug he could find. It would make great propaganda and a message to the rest of the imperium that this sector would do just fine with him in command. Just as planned the commander of the tank jumped out and slammed the banner into the nearest bug flashing the general a grin.

The Governor's mouth hung open, he was hoping his eyes were playing tricks on him. The commander of the tanks, the banner It couldn't possibly be. But the next thing the tank commander said shattered all the govenor's hopes that it was just him getting old

WAAAAAAAAGH!

2118681 Greenskins... thought I smelled something!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2