Alternate Universe Roleplaying Group 52 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 84 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 84

Sunny blushed for a second before rubbing the back of his neck uneasily.
"Oh yeah, sorry." He cleared his throat, tapping his Adam's apple. "All I can think about is the scar...." He trailed off.
He shook to clear his head briefly before moving closer to the griffin.
"Um, Stone you got a minute?"

Stone turned around to answer. "What do you want?" Stone said in a polite tone.

1772712 "yes i am" The water dropped back into the bowl showing off my healed hoof "It is my origin story. starting from when i was born. My mother was a beautiful mare. She was the Wonderbolt Fleetfoot. My father... well I don't know his name. he died within a year of my birth during.... the end of the Great Pony/ Griffin war all those years ago." Evening looked at Stone Glare not with anger or contempt but a look of sadness and longing. "Anyway I have a sister named Midnight Winds. she is sweet but... very dangerous. I'll tell you later. Now when I turned 8 I thought it would be fun to race Spitfire. She was like my aunt at the time. Well she thought it would be fun and I told her not to hold back. She didn't and I beat her. I was the fastest pegasus for my age AND i beat Spitfire. That is where part 1 to my cutie mark appeared. The tornado. it resembles my intense speed and stamina. When I was 12 i learned of my elemental status. It happened so quickly. I was being attacked by a pony in a black robe. He was hurling fire at me. I was scared beyond belief as you could guess. Just before one could hit me though, a wall of water just... appeared in front of me. It extinguished the flame instantly. I also found my hooves cloaked in lightning. this scared me almost as much as the fire pony. He tried to approach me but i shot out my hooves in resistance. The lightning flew off me and practically incinerated the attacker. I killed him. When I did... the twin lightning bolts appeared on my cutie mark. I didn't know what to think.... From then on i was attacked by those ponies. I learned that they kill elementals and steal their powers. its gruesome. Anyway it went on until i was 16... That was when I joined them. I started the killing. I took pleasure in other ponies suffering. I attacked anypony and any thing that was an elemental ranging from ponies to dragons even griffins and pegagriffs. It went on until my 22nd birthday. I... lost my blood lust to a degree. I left them. I was thier strongest so they didn't stop me. I am 23 now. here I am. I now work as a mercenary mostly so i can feed my lust... I hate it but its who I am. I can't change that. So now you know me." Evening stares at Stone intensely awaiting his reply to my story.

Stone was silent for a moment before asking " Your grandfather's name wouldn't happen to be Storm Front would it? Of course that would be the weirdest coincidence ever of all time."
[0: Yes, I just made an RvB reference.]

1778498 um... yes actually" (believe it or not i was thinking that for a family member)

[0: I'm not surprised by that it's a good name for a family member of Evening.]
"I knew you looked familiar. You look just like your grandfather when he was young. He also had the bloodlust you now have. But, he did't kill ponies he hunted monsters instead." Stone said sadly.

1782029 "I do both. Its just that most hire me to kill other ponies and the like." Evening looked down at his hooves. despite the water there are dark patches of long ago blood baths "To think. My hooves are stained no matter how much I scrub. Poetic isn't it?"

"Yes, it is quite poetic. But, is Storm Front still alive I'd like to see him again after all these years. " Stone said in a polite tone .

1783930 Evening looked down sadly "No. he left this world a few years back. He over estimated his abilities against a dragon"

" He always said only a dragon could keep him from his family." Stone replied saddened by the news of his friend's death.

1783960 "Indeed. I got my revenge though. I killed that dragon with my bare hooves. Storm Front was the only pony I know who could keep my lust down. now i just want to kill. Everything"

" He was a dear friend and apparently a good mentor. He will be remembered by his friends and family for ages to come." Stone said sadly. [0: :pinkiesad2::fluttercry::raritycry:]

1783983 Yes... if you ever have a question for me just ask. I have no reason to lie"

"Well you and Sunny should start getting your stuff we leaving soon. I've already got my stuff packed and Sam's got all the food and water our group will need." Stone said.

1784535 "no need. I carry nothing but my bits pouch. If i ever need anything ill just buy it for that moment. I get paid alot. In fact. Next round is on me pal" Evening smiles slightly

"Oh that won't be necessary Evening." Stone said as he pulled a red coin from his pocket and handed it to the barkeep and said "Free alcohol and water for the next three hours." The barkeep nodded and put coin in the box behind him. [0: Yes his armor has pockets. I mean what kind of person/pony wouldn't put pockets on armor. P.S. the coin is a special item which acts as a blank check, it's very rare and is only useful in Equestria.]

1793296 Evening sighs deeply "Try to be nice for nothing"

" Evening you don't need to buy anypony a drink if anything you should save your bits. You never know when you'll need them the most." Stone said knowing that ponies in this time take what they have for granted.

[Flashback 63 years ago. Story Arc: Eyes of Stone.]
Stone sat beside Storm Front on the bench in front of the general store. "Storm are you sure we should explore the everfree your cutie mark could be for something other than adventuring." Stone said with a frightened tone.
"Stone we've tried everything to get my cutie mark but exploring the everfree. Also Sword and Binary have their cutie marks now." Storm said.
[The next day]
Stone and Storm trudged through the everfree looking for anything particularly interesting until they found a weird chicken-snake thing which glared straight at Stone.
[End Story Arc]

1812502 yeah i should but... im not that wise

"Few are nowadays" Stone replied

[0: I was taking a break from role-playing for a week and trying get some writing done.]

1857240 "True enough" Evening chuckles lightly

"Now then, I should be leaving. But, first" Stone paused and turned to the barkeep and said "Soft Drink can you bring me and my friend here some of the stronger whiskey and don't lie I know you have some leftover from the shipment last month."

[0: No Soft Drink is not a roleplaying character I just wanted to give the bartender a name. Adventure is being setup should be ready tomorrow or the day after.:yay:]

1884334 "Hmm, I always knew they watered the stuff down" Evening wraps a hoof around Stone Glares shoulders. "So we are friends now eh?"

"Yep we're friends now" Stone replied as Soft Drink set two mugs full of firebrew (thats the whiskey's name) "Cheers"

1 hour and 12 mugs later

A group of guards led by an orange pegasus burst through the front door and said " Stone Glare you a here by under arrest for the destruction of the Trottingham church of the sun"
Stone turned barely able to stand " Do you ponies ever stop to think maybe you should actually look for proof. I mean seriously I'm sure that your just following orders but this is ridiculous." Stone said.

1905954 Evening chuckles not even fazed "Gentlecolts, I find it best if you leave now." He stands and walks to the leader. "Or if you dont choose to leave, I'll just have to persuade you by making an example of your captain" He gets a malicious look and smiles cruelly at the pegasus.

The captain turned to his subordinates and ordered them to attack.
As the guards charged Evening, Stone unsheathed wraith cleaver and took one last swig of firebrew before jumping toward the captain intending to stab him.
[0: Found a good picture to represent the wraith cleaver. ]

1922010 Evening chuckles as he stops Glare and holds a hoof up. A gust of wind stronger than a hurricane forces all the gaurds back to the streets. Evening walks out with a malicious smile "Now this is your final warning. Leave now or I will slaughter you all."

Evening walks outside and finds hundreds of guards and bounty hunters all prepared to kill those who stand in the way of the capture of Stone. Stone and Sam walk out behind Evening with weapons drawn.

1960042 Evening chuckled lightly "Very well then my pets. I am afraid i must put you down" Evening closes his eyes and focuses. as he does he begins to change. His mane and tail turn into water. It seemed ethereal and raged down like a waterfall. his head and body vanished and was replaced with with wind. Wind so strong it rivals that of three hurricanes. his eyes after this change glow a bright sapphire rather than their usual green. His hooves melt away and in their place comes four powerful and deadly bolts of pure lightning. The power from this change simply radiates strength and death. "I AM MASTER ORION" He roared his words for all in the vicinity to hear. "AND YOU ALL SHALL PERISH AT MY HOOVES!" Instantly in the center of the group 7 bolts of blue lightning strikes the guards instantly frying at least 50 out of the aremy

Stone turned to Sam and asked " Sam, am I drunk or is *hiccup* this really happening." Before Sam could answer he was tackled through a bar window by tan mare in guard armor. The guard captain calmly attached a sword to the hoof clamp his armor had and approached Stone.

1964570 Orion turns swiftly and at the speed of a hurricane charged back slamming the captain with his lightning hoof throwing his body into the bar. Orion turned to Sam and the mare. "Would you like some help comrade?"

Sam had disappeared and was replaced by a red pegasus. The red pegasus yelled to Orion as he blocked the mare's mace "I don't need any help with this one." Zapp laughed as he turned a unicorn guard to ash. Stone stabbed a draconian merc through the neck while drinking another bottle of firebrew. The captain stood up and dodged Orion's next attack.

1967417 Orion smiles cruelly as a large dome of water surrounds more ponies and drowns them as Orion moves onto the captain

The captain unfazed by Orion's power brandished his sword.
[ 0: I would give the captain a name but there's no name crazy enough for a pony who: would challenge a mage (Sam) who puts even Twilight Sparkle's magic to shame, the necromancer (Zapp but you don't know that yet) who ruled over the all ponies of Trottingham, Manehattan and all the land in between after killing the golden dragon of the Ghastly Gorge with only a single pony corpse, a piece of rope, a broken ax, and a half eaten apple (that is some Macgyver stuff right there) , the griffin (Stone) who stopped the assassination of the queen of the sea ponies and turned the most respected assassin's guild into a laughingstock in the process, and the equivalent of a storm god (Evening/Orion).]

1967478 Orion walks right to him and whispers "I am sorry my old friend" His wind slows just enough to leave a kiss on the captains muzzle before he slammed the sword away and smashed his skull into the pavement

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 84