The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Developed by Beenox, the folks behind The Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, and Spider-Man: The Edge of Time, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will put players back in a free-roaming New York as the webhead with new combat moves and upgrades. The story itself revolves around Spidey hunting Uncle Ben's killer; it's set in the movie universe but existing in its own continuity.

The sequel will also introduce a new heroism system called "Hero or Menace" in which you're rewarded for stopping crime, but punished if you don't keep it up. I'm assuming this MIGHT be similar to the Karma System from the superhero game series inFAMOUS where the more good you do the more people treat you like a hero, but the more bad you do the more people will fear you.

I find it refreshing to see someone attempt to incorporate one of the major aspects of Spider-Man's character, people thinking he's a menace, into the actual gameplay. The "Hero or Menace" system could also be more of a way to distinguish between activities. In the game Peter is looking for Uncle Ben's killer, therefore he may have leads now. This is a perfect way to introduce this new system as it leads to this outcome. Do people view Spider-Man as a superhero or as a vigilante menace? That's something I hope to see more elaborated upon.

Also of interest the narrative will actually have Peter Parker bits for players to experience. For these I'm hoping for something similar to the Red Suit/Black Suit options we saw in Web of Shadows, with some control over Peter's personality. Some may not have liked Web of Shadows that much, but to me getting to kind of mold where Peter goes and even change the outcome of the story seems like a good thing to take from that game.

Also as for bonus costumes, nothing has been said yet about them, but I'm hoping they have all of the old costumes from the last game come in in addition to the new ones.

As for bonus costumes I'd like to see:

Classic Scarlet Spider

Agent Venom

Superior Spider-Man(I may hate the premise of it, but I love the costume)

Spider-Man 2099

Miles Morales(I may find him to be a bland character, but I DO love his costume and it was already featured in the Edge of Time game)

The original Spider-Armor

And finally Spider-Man Noir

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1942097 see this stuff makes me wanna play video games

1942097 i agree for the classic scarlet spider costume, agent venom and Spiderman noir:moustache:

1942097 You know. I don't think marvel has ever made a game that really interests me. This and the Lego game coming out might be it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4