Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Two words Sokka: Brain Bleach.

Xinrick
Group Admin

5508222 Katarra your dating Aang what the hell!?!

Xinrick
Group Admin

5508258 ...Nah I don't see it. They hate each other and they had like one moment of actually having a connection, other than that they just have like a friendship there, Aang and Katara makes more fucking sense.

5508273 Not really. It always felt like incest considering how the relationship developed between them from the beginning. I mean Book 1 showed that she treated more like a sibling, a mom, or a babysitter so, at least to me, things like the cave of the lovers felt natural for the story but off on the romance. Almost like if every couple of episodes someone walked by the screen mid story and said. "Hey. They're gonna get together." and then walked off screen.

Xinrick
Group Admin

5508292 Okay no Katara never did any of that even in book 1, and also babysitter doesn't help with your problem cause babysitters aren't related nine times out of ten. The cave of lovers episode was to be a specific, and blatant 'Oh hey they love each other, they just don't want to admit it cause Aang has learned to be a monk and not sure about stuff as well as being 100 years out of date' and Katara who's a growing woman is confused about feelings and get's easily frustrated, hates when Aang is basically being oblivious to obvious things and just all that. Don't know how or why you got that feeling.

Because a large part of Katara's character is built on her kind and strong heart. The issue is that when it comes to closely related bonds it can go any number of ways depending on extended interaction and eventually her interaction with Aang became similar to the way she already did with Sokka. The only difference is the obvious comfort that comes from having been raised to together. Overall she seems to have actually contributed to the way he was raised from when they found him which makes this that much creepier. Also I'd like to point out that I always ignore the age thing because to me it makes the whole thing too confusing since I'm uncertain of whether to view it through temperal views or perceptive time.
And the babysitting thing is making reference to the fact that in television and movies when a girl is babysitting a boy the kid develops a crush that is...well improbably. Only example I've got here is Stewie from Family Guy. Again not a thing of age. More of their individual mentalities being too far apart in addition to the kid not actually having real experience.

5508376 I'd also like to say Thank you for avoiding cursing

Xinrick
Group Admin

5508426 Sorry
5508423 Um...isn't that what friends do? They help take care of each other and all that jazz so they both developed feeling for each other over a long time that felt perfectly fine with the pace of the story and so much more stuff rather than the Legend of Korra trying to ship her with three different people before being like 'ya know what? Screw it let's just make her a lesbian and bang hot chick'...

5508441 Early friendships can be watchful but overtime they develop into something more. That can be either result in them becoming like siblings or romantic interests. It's obvious throughout the series that Aang pretty quickly develops a crush on her but on Katara's end it feels more like feels like she has to protect him because of his youth and inexperience even after finding out he's the Avatar. In Book 2 it feels a bit more on the same level because of the time they spent together as the strengethening of their bond especially because of what happened in the North Pole. Then in Book 3 at first she cares for him because of the lightning wound since he died and she brought him back but after he recovers their relationship feels like it's mostly gonna go into more of a best friend territory with the occasional moment that tries to say that they're gonna get together. Personally to me it kinda felt like Wonder Woman's presence in Dawn of Justice.
But that's just me.
To be honest while the Kaang pairing does bug me because they feel too familial. Zuko and Mai being together makes no difference to me. I kinda see it like comparing Ceasar Romero's Joker (Kataang) to Heath Ledger's Joker (Zutara). The Zutara pairing seems much more interesting because it's much more unorthodox by comparison.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11