Comments ( 77 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 77
superpony55
Group Admin

I'm about a quarter to halfway done!

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326078 Let's stay calm. We have 36 hours to do this, not impossible for three writers.

superpony55
Group Admin

1324493>>1325990>>1326078

The Timbershy thread was not deleted. :facehoof: Go to the forum and look for Fluttershy- Timberwolf (Timbershy).

CometTail
Group Admin

1326120>>1326139>>1324206
God Damn! I am so confused on the new part. :raritycry:

I am so confused on what to write and shit. I just want to improve the other project we had, instead of completely re write it! GAHHHH!

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326470 Just relax Comet, freaking out will do little good. We still have time, I'm moving back to the original story thread.

CometTail
Group Admin

Took a breather, not getting mad, but when we started this yesterday, I was deadly confused. If we just do a major rewrite, fixing stuff today. I think we can do it. If Iron can't, I will take her part that she done, write about a good 1500 words, then give it to you. If I change our main purpose a little don't be mad. PLEASE!

Main purpose means that the new way we intended it to go.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326485 I will not be mad about anything short of you writing 'Silent's part will suck.' In the story. Just so long as we get it done because, no offense to ImpressMe but I really don't want his version going up.

CometTail
Group Admin

I sent a PM to Iron, stating I need her part now. If I can write in 30 minutes our part, read it over, fix it, I will send it to you. I will still use pack escaping and stuff, just a tad different.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326497 We have until tomorrow night to get it done, no need to go that fast. Just have the parts done by tomorrow morning and let me worry about the rest.

CometTail
Group Admin

I got a pm from Iron saying she got nothing, she can't think. I got a new plan.

Timbershy's pack is starving, wolves die left to right. Timbershy goes to sleep one night and wakes up to find her pack gone. After weeks of walking alone, she gets capture by Derpy. Then gets experimented on and turns into a pony.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326515 Okay, let me try to start our original plan. I can pick up Iron's slack and see where that gets us. Give me a minute to review what we have and I'll give a thousand words or more, okay?

CometTail
Group Admin

Ok, but include this. Timbershy dad starts slowing down. He gtne stops and falls to his knees. Her mom tells her to keep going but she keeps calling for her dad.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326530 We are making one of the most depressing back stories on this site aren't we?

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326541 Okay, just making sure. I'm going to get what Iron was planning on writing and putting that on paper, or computer screen in this case.

CometTail
Group Admin

Yea, she just told me she got the ball rolling and is writing. She is keeping the scientist thing though.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326556 Alright, so long as things are getting done. That's all I need to hear.

CometTail
Group Admin

1326560>>1326115
Iron's part.

Mama always picked Timbershy up when it was time for the pack to move on. At first, when the young pup figured this out, she was finicky and upset, trying the best she could to kick away from Mama so that she pack would stay; she always made little animal friends in the different spots of the forest, like the little bear cubs and squirrels that never ran away, so why couldn't she stay and talk to them? It wasn't fair -- it was their territory, Mama had told her so. Why were they leaving like this? It wasn’t until the growls grew louder and Mama’s grip on her became more and more painful that the cub finally quit resisting.

She still didn't understand it, though. Not until the hunger began to set in.

It wasn't bad, at first, for the shy little pup. Some nights she would curl up next to her mother like she always did, and yawn against her mother’s hard, wooden chest... But she could hear mother’s stomach growl. She didn't mind or worry much...but eventually the young cub’s own pain became too unbearable to ignore. Sleep became a difficult task to accomplish, with the snarls of hungry camp members echoing through the caves, resonating through a dark forest. All the poor pup was left with was snarls from her short tempered Mama and sharp pains burrowing into her oaken form.

It was bad, but not horrible. It wasn't horrible until much later... and for a completely different reason.

It had been a normal day, over all. The Timberwolves who had gone off to hunt had returned with no food, saying that there was none left. They explored the expanse of their territory, searching it over and over again for a sign of just a single squirrel or living animal, but it was as if all of them had just run off or disappeared from the face of the planet. Absolutely nothing was left at that part of Everfree.

So they did what they always did. They argued, snapping furious growls and snarls back and forth between each other, quarreling and having to be broken up before they decided to move again. Mama then gave her normal, low growl of warning to Timbershy, clamping down on the back of her neck much harder than she had to, swinging her up from the ground and limping after the pack. Like always. They always left.

But it was normal. A normal day. A bad one, yes, but normal. It wasn't different until later.

Timbershy swung low to the ground, her wooden paws scraping the ground as her mother limped oddly. She had thought about telling her Mama about it -- telling her that it was hurting her and dirt was starting to cake into the scratches in her wooden legs -- but when she looked up at Mama, she knew that she wouldn't. Her mother's eyes were squinted and drawn up in pain, and her wooden ears were snapped back angrily against her cheeks. Her stomach cramping and letting off low growls, she snorted and stared down the path ahead, marked by paw-prints.

Timbershy knew that if she went against her mother now, she would be angry, and would just snap and bite down even harder against Timbershy's wooden skin. It would just be better to let it be, let Mama be as happy as she could -- Mama did so much to help her, after all. So Timbershy just looked away from her, ignored the pain in her paws, and looked down to the trail swinging around below her and scraping at her paws. It was the best she could do, since she wasn't walking herself. Just stay still, quiet, not make a distraction.

She stared at the ground, and looked at the patterns going by.

There were tiny swirls of dirt branching off of the wooden paws of the pack ahead, swirling up into Timbershy's face. Clouds of the dirt and dust scattered over the paw-prints they left behind, pebbles, ridges in the earth. Timbershy looked at each one, the paw-prints, naming off who's paw each belonged to. Mr. Alpha, Mr. Omega, Mr.Beta--

Mama tensed. The pack stopped. Timbershy stopped thinking about the paw-prints and looked up.

Timbershy broke her rule, looking wildly around as her mother's lips tightened into a thin line. What was happening? Mama never stopped until they were at their new territory and she circled around three times, making a new place to sleep -- why was she stopping now? What was happening? What was happening? What was--

A sharp growl ripped through the back of Mama's throat, the Timberwolf's wooden legs stiffening as Timbershy watched. Timbershy heard her mother sniffing at the breeze, an air of tension flying over the entire pack. An odd smell wafted and misted over Timbershy's nose through the dust, everyone around her bared their fangs and dug their claws into the dirt...

There was a sharp whistle, Timbershy's vision went black, and then she was on the ground.

After that... It all happened so fast... there were loud, harsh yelps that split through the trees, snarls and the lashing of claws and teeth... two more high-pitched whistles which broke off in Timbershy's ears...

Timbershy stood up from wherever she was at the time, her head swimming while she shook the dust off of her body. A pounding formed in her head as noises exploded from all sides, her scratched paws aching even more now that they were up. How had she gotten to solid ground like that? Her Mama had... dropped her? Something had to be wrong, Mama never dropped her. Never. Something had to be--

Timbershy opened her eyes, and looked up at her Mama and the chaos swirling all around her.

Mama laid on the ground, eyes closed. A strange object, some sort cylinder with red leaves on one end and a sharp point on the other, jabbed and broke into Mama's hard skin. It had punctured down into her veins beneath the dull, broken wood, a sparkling blue concoction of several pure magics leaking from the hole that... thing had made. Two more Timberwolves, just ahead of her, were laying the same way, leaving imprints in the ground, while the rest of the pack let out harsh barks and yelps, snapping their teeth.

... what were they... why... was Mama...

Timbershy backed up, her legs and arched back shaking as she walked backwards, away from her Mama. What was going on? Timbershy hadn't seen anyone -- surely nothing would attack the whole pack...? B-But they had, and Timbershy saw it... they still were...

Two more whistles. Then three. Five Timberwolves hit the ground.

Timbershy couldn't stop staring, couldn't move from her spot staring at her mother. She couldn't tell if Mama was breathing. If any of them were breathing. Who was... what was... ?

Four more. Then one. Only Timbershy was left.

And she could see them.

Walking forward, with large grey boxes with lines in the middle floating along in a magic bubble... were monsters. They were somewhat tall, yet small in stature, their heads covered in odd wisps of stringy clouds of what Timbershy thought looked a lot like the fur on a squirrel's tale. They were different colors, all contrasting against the green and greys of the trees, an odd, sharp stick protruding out of their heads. A white, billowing leaf-like object hung from the colors on them, circles and squares rimming their eyes... they smelled so strange too, unlike anything Timbershy had known...

They were looking at her. With those big, weird eyes, they were looking at Timbershy. They stalked closer, gibberish breaking past their mouths and moving back between the group of them. Some of them moved their eyes across some of the pack, taking the little cylinders out of them and starting to shake them. They looked... confused, angry maybe, Timbershy didn't know. She just knew they were coming closer, one of the large grey boxes in a bubble. Just closer... closer... closer...

Timbershy ran. She couldn't remember, not even now, how far or how long. She just ran away from the monsters, gibberish and weird noises coming from them as she went. She ran and ran, away from the sight of Mama's blood, away from the pack hitting the ground, away from the boxes. Everything. Nothing. She couldn't tell anymore. She never would. How in the world could any of this happen? Why did she have to run from this?

When she stopped, she was lost. Timbershy knew she was lost -- she didn't even look around the area or try to see where she was -- but she didn't care. She just cared about Mama. Mama and the pack.

Mama... was she remembering right? That couldn't have happened, right? Where was she, even? She couldn't actually have been lost could she? Mama wouldn't let her get lost. She tried to think about it, tried to see what happened... they were alive and they were walking, but then that smell and Mama wasn't moving anymore, and maybe she was dead, but Mama couldn't be dead, except she was and so were all of the others except for her and she was all alone and she didn't even have the squirrels and--

It didn't make sense. None of it did. This had gone by to fast, she couldn't understand... Nothing. There was just nothing. Nothing...

A sharp pain shot through Timbershy's stomach and down her spine, and then the world went black.

She dreamed about the little pointy cylinders.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1326896 Excellent work.

OfTheIronwilled
Group Admin

Thank you, and thanks for the PM earlier. You really made me feel nice.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1327771 That's good, I thought I was being a little invasive

OfTheIronwilled
Group Admin

Invasive? To be honest, I have a problem with overthinking and hating everything I write, and when someone gives me praise or criticism of any kind, it really helps my confidence. So no, you weren't being invasive. I'm just glad you liked my part.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1327836 Anything to help a fellow writer.

superpony55
Group Admin

My part dissapeared! I'm so sorry.

OfTheIronwilled
Group Admin

I would go ahead and tell Impress Me your situation. I don't know what we can do, but...

superpony55
Group Admin

Nevermind. Go to the Twi thread.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 77