Collegia Arcana 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 85 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 85
Stone Knight
Group Admin

Right! Let's try this again. Please be in your seats in fifteen minutes to begin tonight's class. That is all.

Well now that I knew about this class, I'm here.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Alright! Tonight's class is a simple review class, in which we cover areas of instruction that might not have been clear to you, or that you might have missed in class. This will be the last class until the final, in order to give you time to study, so we will take an extra half hour to be sure we've covered everything.

Questions?

Currently, the big thing that I can think of having issues with is really runic. Everything else seems fine to me.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Alright, let's delve into runic. What seems to be the issue?

And you're both madmen.

Okay now that the pleasantries are out of the way, how do we kamehameha?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Hmm... am you real super-sand?

UGH! MMMPPHFFFFF! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT FOR IT MEANS TO BE SUPER SAND LEGEND!

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Kaka-karrot kake!

It might sound somewhat strange but oddly it's the pronunciation. And I know that should be the least of the issues with it, but again for some reason that just sticks with me.

I think the real question is do you have what it takes to be Fleece Johnson, da real booty wawiaw?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Ok, let's take a look at the sounds of different runes. Do you understand the Basic alphabet?

I understand the basic alphabet.

Actually this runic thing is also kind of interesting. Ever since it was introduced I've had an idea of a runic weapon that has interlocking parts so it could be perfectly dynamic.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Good. So you know that certain runes make certain sounds, like "b", "k", and "f", while most vowel sounds are used with diacritics. The only time you will see a "vowel" rune is at the beginning of a word. In addition to this being the case in runic phrases, diacritics can serve as modifiers to the spell, ensuring that runes behave how they were meant to behave.

How about a history of the great (whether for good or ill) magic users?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

It's not currently relevant, but if there's time near the end of class, I'll go ahead and share a few.

Okay. I guess about clerics. The ones that nullify the emotions of their would be assailants. How do they account for assailants that have not emotional reason to be attacking them? What if it is a purely logical, calculated attack?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

This would be why Clerics tend to work subtly or with protection. Many Clerics train themselves in self-defense techniques, and in this case, one would only need to defend herself until such time as an emotion was generated within her opponent. Once this step was accomplished, she could then regulate him as she saw fit.

Well with that in mind, I'm going to look over the previous homework with regards to the last four. I'll speak up if I've got more questions or to attempt to contribute.

You say "she" as if it were implied that all clerics are female...

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Of course! And if that wasn't clear, then please, let me know!

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Apologies. My wife is a cleric. It's a force of habit.

Another random question. What is the origin(s?) of the demons? Are they from Tartarus or the void or elsewhere, or did some originate from each of those places?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Here, let's take a look at the magical encyclopedia.

Demon, noun.

An extra-dimensional being comprised of emotional detrius and aetheric leakage. These creatures are often given form through the will of a spellcaster, though cases of spontaneous generation have been recorded. While their corporeal forms can be damaged, demons are comprised largely of energy, which cannot be created or destroyed. For further notes,please see the appendices under "summoning".

So most demons were given form through (more of than not) living, (probably) intelligent people?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

That about sums it up, yes. Even though they do have physical effects on the world around them, it is believed by some demonologists that they feed on the emotional and mental stress these actions cause. So, they rape, burn, and pillage because we get upset when they rape, burn, and pillage.

The solution, therefore, is easy. Stop getting upset by the demons who keep raping, burning, and pillaging.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

As someone who fought demons, I wish you all the best of luck. They're terrifying.

Just to clarify something here for my own sanity, what little there is remaining at times, but that second set of four words from 1-2's homework are actual words that could be found in a dictionary correct?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

It's Quilinese, I believe. The sentence should read "The Emperor has invited you to Lake Lao Gai".

Do not fear the demons, Kael. Soon, they will call you master.
-- Illidan Stormrage

Stone Knight
Group Admin

In that vein, is there anything else you'd like to know about demons, or the Laws, or that sort of thing?

...There were spaces...there were damn spaces...Right, off to the optometrist for a stronger set!

I think the laws were pretty clear. Don't do things that are "Evil" even though things like morality can be pretty fluid depending on perspective, circumstance, intention, and dare I say good humor.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Don't worry, in the final, runes will have more clarity in the spacing.

Any questions about anything else, then?

I think I still would have then had a little bit of an issue with that set but I wasn't helping myself trying to translate each line as one word.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Well, let's hope that I can improve my penmanship by then.

Fair enough. History lesson, then? You said you wanted to learn about prominent magic users, even though they won't be on the test.

Sure, magic history. The greats, even if they were terrible.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Preference? Paladin, Mage, Mentalist, Cleric?

Mage first, but if you've got time and a story for each class great.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Let's see... well, I know a few.

If you prefer old Mages, you can't go wrong with Starswirl or Shimmerstone, who were fierce rivals separated by centuries. Starswirl was the master of old, unregulated magic, and Shimmerstone was very much Celestia's prodigy when it came to using the new, restrictive magic.

If you want more recent fare, I can think of a few. Sylvia Fae-Born was one of the most prominent near the beginning of the Evening Kingdom, as well as Midnight Blossom. For males, we have Hotspur the Wise, who helped to define the Mage class as we know it.

Also, we have a more recent example than each of these, the most recent husband of Lady Everstar, known as Sunstone the Gelded.

I like how his name has the word stone in it and his honorific is the Gelded. Classic.

What was Midnight Blossom's achievement?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 85