Collegia Arcana 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 146 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 146

Outsiders? As in foreigners? As in xenophobia? I thought you were better than that.

Don't make me start quoting my Knights. Draigo though is completely off the table.

Outsiders as in anything summoned. Without proper protections in place, influences that could be undesirable could affect the summoner.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Hah!

But many of those are correct. Demons, most certainly. Necromancy is another one, and the Shadow is another. But I think you've missed a few.

Ley Lines can be a source of magic that corrupts the user, being a source of magic that exists outside of the magic user.

In addition, mental magic as well as certain other facets of magic can lead to corruption if used improperly.

That's it! I'm getting my codices, both Ward and the old one!

Is the mental magic itself really the source of corruption or wouldn't that be a personality flaw of the person using it brought out by the realization of their power? Although I guess the same could be said of necromancy and demonology... It isn't evil, just misunderstood...

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Codices! Hah! What are you, an Ultramarine?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

The fact of the matter is that these sorts of magic leave magic users open to influence from other sources.

I can understand demonpacts and vampire bloodpacts, but isn't the necromancer the one in charge of his little domain? the same with the mental magic user?

You dare to bring the Smurfs in on this? No, I'm from chapter six hundred and sixty six.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Ah, the Gary Stu chapter.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

It's all a matter of will. Mentalists rarely interact with the same mind twice, but necromancers and demonologists do, and the minds of the dead and damned work differently from you and I. They could be changing you ever so subtly, and you'd never even recognize it.

Gary Stu after Ward, not before. And I will not lay any claim to the abomination that he birthed in that god awful character. The model itself looks likes its crying with the unhelmeted head.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Ward's done worse to the 40K universe than the entire damned Heresy.

Well, we're all changing ever so slightly over time. I doubt you are anywhere near the same person you were ten years ago, although I can see how the tortured souls of those you have bound to rotting shells that may not even be theirs would be a bad influence.

So like playing a game I think was called telephone. The starting message gets a little more distorted the more individuals get added in to the game until the message is completely different.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

And that's where we have our problem.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Exactly right.

The soulbinding or the shambling violent flesh-hungry abominations?

Amen to that. His rules may be tight, but his background/lore/fluff, whatever you want to call it, is almost worse than the worst fanfiction.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Soulbinding is a completely different thing altogether. I'm talking about sorcerers with more power than sanity laying waste to entire towns in the space of a night.

Well, maybe not the whole town. Fillies and colts are quick and small and it's easy to miss one or two of them...

But surely sanity is a relative thing in the world of magic?

1721168>>1721171>>1721174

Hi!

Everything is relative to everything if you think about it too hard.

And sometimes prone to acts of idiocy like running into a building or to an adult figure and not questioning whether or not they're with the big bad magic user flambeing the town.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

That's the sort of talk that will earn you some very strange looks in the magical community.

Surely, but there is a point of no return.

Well of course.

But then it just gets too difficult to actually define anything from it's own properties.

Well I guess you could define it by its relation, but that would take too long.

Sometimes I make morbid jokes that aren't funny...

I think the point where they hire someone called Igor could be a warning sign.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Let's hope you don't work with any of the Grey Sisters then. Never a sense of humor with those nags.

Half a bit says I could get one of them to crack a grin eventually.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Or they'd crack you in half. Take their job seriously, they do.

Yoda? What are you doing here?

And as a lead in for another time, will we find out who or what the Grey Sisters are?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Alright, so that's all for tonight. no homework, but if you wish to know more about any of the threats, PM me after class.

RNG, can't find my notes on the Changelings, but I'll get them to you tomorrow and you can look through them

Wednesday is magical creatures, so be sure to be ready by then!

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Think you've already learned that. Look at the class for Clerical disciplines.

Can I have a look at those Changeling notes if you find them too?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Sure thing. They're in my grey book.

Hold up the lightning rods, Igor. Bring me the festering zombie flesh, Igor. Stop crying and give me your brain tissue, Igor. If he doesn't start being nicer, I might consider quitting.
-Igor, assistant to Zulthir the Ghoulraiser

Well then...off to look I go.

"Your references say you once worked for Vincent the Impaler?"

"Would you believe he ran a kebab shop?"

Thief of Time, Terry Prachett.

A discussion on an Igor's resume.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 146