Stories Of Superior Quality 3 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
brickguy213
Group Admin

Granny Smith has had an agreement with Filthy Rich for years, making sure that he gets the first 100 jars of zap apple jam.  What her grandchildren don't know is why, or how come their grandmother has agreed to increase that amount at the risk of losing the farm.  They find a photo of what looks like Zecora's family hidden in the pages of a curious scrapbook they have never seen before, along with the answers to several of their questions.  Just what secrets are hiding in Granny Smith's private scrapbook?

Author: Cadabra

Genre: Dark, Adventure, Sad/Tragedy, Comedy (Basically almost everything.)

Quality: Superior

Ever wanted a story with adventure, sadness, mayhem, gangsters, romance, and almost anything else imaginable? Well here it is! "The Private Scrapbook" is the story of Granny Smith's history of heartbreak and loss. And the best part, IT ALL FITS WITH CANNON!!! Bucking amazing story.

Although, you might want a glass gallon of water... Some parts of the fifty chapter, 100k word borderline story. Can get pretty dry...

So, here it is...

Brick's Brilliantly Honest Review:

Rating: 9/10

The only real reason its not 10/10 is that... I'm sorry but in some parts it was very, very boring. But guess what, you left it open for a sequel, which is a great plus on your side.

Moving to the plot, zebras being slaves... BRILLIANT! What sold me was the Works Cited Chapter. Basing a good maticore sized chunk of this on U. S. history! Wow...

My final words on the plot of the story are:

" BIG MAC! Noooooooooo!"

The point is that this story is of superior quality, and you can bet your ass that I'm damn proud of this up and coming author, and her story!

Thank you so much for the review! It means a lot to hear about my stronger and weaker points.

I know it gets a bit dry and expositiony dull at times, but it can't be perfect all the time. I'd be curious to hear what parts were most boring though, so I can avoid those plot traps in future fics.

I did a lot of research for this story, which I try to do with all my works. History is a big influence in most of my story writing, and Equestria's lore and history is just ripe with possibilities. I always like to add that Works Cited page to my stories to show my readers what inspired me, and in doing so allowing them to learn a little something new.

I hadn't thought to make a sequel, but it is starting to look tempting. The last chapter was to show what happened to Filthy Rich after years of neglect, but it seems to have sparked some controversy. Might be worth thinking over after I get my next fic finished. Once again I'm working on Equestria's history!

brickguy213
Group Admin

A sequel mIght get you more popular. I was just wondering if it would cover what happened to Mac.

Another thing, the story has grammar and spelling errors scattered through it. If you don't have a proof reader, then you might want to get one. It adds to the quality of your fics. Actually, I'm a proof reader and am not working on any thing at the moment, so, if you need one just let me know.

I just did a reread to correct some of the errors, but if you find some more than feel free to let me know about them. I know one of the biggest ones that I can't believe I missed was the chapter numbering.

I'm working on another Equestrian history fic at the moment that would benefit from a proof reader. It's revolving around Celestia and Luna's earliest days before their rule, around the time of the first Hearthswarming.

brickguy213
Group Admin

1229593Is that supposed to be the green light for me to sign on as a proofreader? Or are you asking me to refer one over?

That my friend is a green light. :)

brickguy213
Group Admin

1238793 Alrighty then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7