Doctor Whooves Classic 124 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Am I the only one whose fine with the Doctor being a woman? I mean, its been estabalished for quite a while now that Time Lords can change their gender during regeneration, and well, the actress doesn't seem that bad. As long as she plays the part well, I don't care that the Doctor is now a woman. Though the outfit COULD use some work.

I'm fine with the Doctor being a woman, it was considered as early as 1980, and the Doctor was always more fish than man. I just think this is an incarnation or two too soon to do it, and I'm just concerned that making the Doctor a woman would be played up less to be about the Doctor's alien biology, and more about "muh glass ceiling", and I'm just concerned that Chris Chibnall would not be as good of a writer as Jodie Whittaker is an actress.

Wait it was? Also, yeah, true.

But make no mistake, the Doctor should have become a woman eventually, as the Doctor has a biology curiously similar to that of a tropical fish already, and make no mistake, Jodie Whittaker will be very good as the Doctor.

Wait, what do tropical fish have in common with Time Lords? And yeah, she has the flair for it, and a pretty good track record

Low body temperature, in some cases, two hearts, the list goes on.

But Time Lord is a rank and cultural identity, not a species. The species is Gallifreyan. Most Time Lords are Gallifreyans, but not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords. Also, some non-Gallifreyans have become Time Lords.

Honestly I'm really excited for series 11 my only concern is that people might be getting a little over excited I mean not every Doctor had an instant great run

Oh, also, I thought Time Lord was just another name for Gallifreyan. Granted, my knowledge of the classic series is limited to wiki entries and the few episodes I've seen. Ah Doctor Who.

Yes, in fact, the First, Third, Fourth, Sixth (I said it), Ninth, and Eleventh Doctors were the only ones with great first series. The Tenth Doctor's first series wasn't anywhere near as good as the other ones he was in, and if you only knew the Tenth from series 2, you'd probably not like the character at all, or even see much difference between him and the Ninth Doctor. The same can be said about the Fifth and Seventh Doctors, you'd probably hate them from their first series alone, but their other series were great. The Second's first season was okay, it had two or three great serials, but the rest were just a little bit better than average. The Twelfth's first season was just plain not how to introduce the character.

I'm not worried about Jodie Whitaker at all— but I'm worried about how much the show is overhauling at once. Format change, Composer change, Head Writer change, Lead Character change... If a single one of these goes wrong, everyone's going to hang it on her regardless of her performance.

Well, it does make sense, as he was still quite Time War ragey, and even then that popped up on occasion, and also showing the....crueler side of the Doctor.
True

With the single exception of Mummy on the Orient Express. That was a great demonstration of the Doctor's callosness with his usual heroic attitude, but Capaldi ended up playing the Doctor much more like a rock star in his remaining two series and that charatorisation turned out to be much better.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12