Doctor Whooves Classic 124 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

When I get my table back, I plan on introducing my headcanon involving Doctor Whooves, but I want your opinion if it will be too much for the story:

Whenever a Doctor regenerates, the previous Doctor's soul gets sent to Equestria by Faust and given a chance to live a normal life (like no regeneration or extended lifespan) but, since the Doctor will always be who they are, they're each given their versions of the TARDIS to explore all of Equis and beyond.

But, Weeping Angels have followed the Doctors, so from time to time they need to take care of business.

So, what do you think, too much?

Too much? From my perspective, it might not be enough. All of the Doctor's selves as separate characters? Unless this is slated to primarily be a Slice of Life-themed story, or only be focusing on one or two of the incarnations (but even then...), a mere single adversary in the Weeping Angels sounds a tad little to have to deal with throughout the entire story. As a single adventure from one Doctor's experience with this setup (or even a single full-team adventure), then sure, but if you're invoking multiple Doctors for what seems to be (or at least can be) a long-term timeline, then only one threat will either be dealt with in no time, or become mundane after multiple run-ins with nothing else interspersed to keep things interesting. At least, that's how my mind thinks through stories.

If, of course, this is intended to be integrated into another in-progress story not yet involving Doctor Whooves, then the entire above paragraph is out the window. Such a setup as that means that other characters would likely retain a significant focus, therefore a single enemy for the Doctors as a side arc could be sufficient. However, as before, each Doctor facing the same opponent in turn could get old after too long, so keeping the list of involved Doctors in this case to a minimum is a valid substitute to including more enemies.

4356154 true... but I meant for throughout the timeline of Equis; for example: 1 is an Apple (why do you think there's so many of em?) And 11 would be 20 or so years after the show. And I did mean to include other enemies, but Weeping Angels seem to be the only things capable of following the Doctor in such a way

but Weeping Angels seem to be the only things capable of following the Doctor in such a way

Since when has that stopped any of his other enemies before?

Re: The problem of the villains, what if you followed the same principle with other Time Lords? All the incarnations of the Master threatening Equestria all at the same time, maybe throw in the Rani and the Meddling Monk as well. Romana and Susan would serve as excellent companions.

Or you could have all the various Rassilons fighting one another, because I don't think they would get along. At all.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6