The Competition Arena 39 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
CanterlotGuardian
Group Admin

SFW Prompt: Favorite Foods
Everypony has their own favorite food, right? Well, that's what this category is all about. Write a story about favorite foods. Doesn't matter who the pony is.

ALTERNATE PROMPT: Nightmare Night Party
Should be just about self-explanatory.

NSFW Prompt: Goin' Clubbin'
The club. A place where sleaze and bad decisions mix. But maybe, just maybe... The night will turn out to be one to remember for everypony involved.

---

Each story needs to be between 1000 and 3000 words, though I will allow a bit of leniency in order to wrap it up. I would prefer it submitted as an actual story to FIMfiction, and marked as a Competition Arena contest entry. (If it's already being used for another contest, then submit it to this one as well and update it with a note stating it's for this one as well.) If you do not want to submit it as an actual story, then please provide a link to the GDoc where I can read it.

Deadline for submitting your story is October 31st, 11:59pm

VERY IMPORTANT: Once you have submitted the story and it has been approved, post the link to the GDoc *and* post the story to the group folder marked "Main".

So how do I mark a story as a contest entree? I'm assuming I add it to the main folder here. I'm new to contests and such, so I wouldn't know. As soon as I find out how, I'll sign up.

CanterlotGuardian
Group Admin

you know how when you go to submit a story, it asks you to provide the description for the story in the big box? put down somewhere in there that you're submitting it for the October prompt for the Competition Arena.

when you finish, submit it, then provide a link to the story in the GDoc that I linked to in the main entry. (also, go ahead and put your name down on the Doc so I know how many people are doing this.)

CanterlotGuardian
Group Admin

and yes when you're done, go ahead and submit it to the folder marked Main.

ADRNEL
Group Admin

I'll help in the judging. :twilightsmile:

J..judging?

Yes please. I would like that, but more information would be much obliged.

CanterlotGuardian
Group Admin

talk to ADRNEL, as he could tell you more than I ever could.

What is the deadline? Are there any time constraints?

CanterlotGuardian
Group Admin

deadline for submission is October 31st. as long as they're all submitted before then, I don't care how long it takes you to write it.

ADRNEL
Group Admin

If you are judging...then you are not allowed to submit a fic for the competition.

Basically, judging is done by points.
Each judge gives a certain amount of points to each fic and the fic with the highest overall average score wins.

More details will come at the end of the month.

If you are judging...then you are not allowed to submit a fic for the competition.

I knew that from the start. Seems pretty obvious.

CanterlotGuardian
Group Admin

so right now, it's me, you, and Adrnel that are judging it. sounds good to me.

Oh it's sooo frustrating! I submitted my entry yesterday, The Perky Pink Parfait of Ponyville, and it's been sitting one step away from hitting the feature box. One step! It's number one in the popular box...for hours now...but it wont nudge over! Like if I could just blow on it to send it over the edge into the feature box...grrrr. :twilightangry2:

But anyway, yay! I made it into the popular box for the very first time! And somehow climbed to the top! :yay:

Excited...EXCITED!!

Are we going to have enough entries to make a good competition here? I was hoping to have a few more competitors. Come on peoples, write! :flutterrage:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17