Dysphoria 61 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
thedarkprep
Group Admin

Ok, so let me explain what's in each folder.

Dysphoria (Main Story):
This is where the main story of Dysphoria can be found (the standard numeric Arcs). These are written by me (thedarkprep) and I am the only one that can post in this folder.

Dysphoria (Side Stories):
These are stories expanding on the narrative of Dysphoria. This includes Arc 0 (when it's written) and one shots written by me (thedarkprep). The goal of these are to give more context, history, and perspective to the story.

Chronicle Folders:
The folders ending with Chronicles are folders devoted to a specific character and telling the story (or a story) from their perspective. These could be stories taking place before, during, or after the main story but each pertaining to a specific character. Each character will be written by me or by a handpicked author/volunteer. So for example, let's say I want a "Chronicles: Rich Rhyme" folder, but I'm probably not the best author for it (or I have too much on my plate as is). I would scour someone to take up writing stories in universe for Rich Rhyme, and all the stories (multi-part, arcs, one-shots, etc) by that author about that character would be in that folder. Only the selected authors and I can post in these folders.

Dysphoriaverse (Canon):
This is where it gets interesting

This folder is for all user submitted stories that have to do with the Dysphoria universe. I'm expecting mostly OC stories,but if you want to write from a background pony perspective, or even from the main cast all those stories will be put here. This folder is open to anyone in the group and I hope you use it well, as it is these stories (more so than the rest) that will create a world.

Dysphoriaverse (Alternate):

If you put a story on the canon folder, and something about it clashes or contradicts with the main story, I will let you know and give you suggestions as to how to fix it. This doesn't mean it's bad, just that it doesn't fit with the canon. For example, if you write an event happening that would be impossible given what happens in the main story, I would tell you why it's impossible and give a suggestion on how to make it canon. However, if you don't want to make that change, or if such a change would negate your story, or if anything else really, your story can be put here instead.

It still has to do with the Dysphoria universe, so I feel like it should be in the group and as I said, I will never tell you what to write.

Also, if your story is deliberately non-canon, here is where you would post it (like if you want to write about an event playing out differently than it did).

Those who are members of the Cloudkicker Fan Club and Winningverse group will recognize this folder as my DeadDerpyverse of sorts.

Lastly, this folder will be open to all group members and I hope you will all use it well.

REMOVED FICS

This one isn't a folder but I wanted your attention. Essentially, there are only a few ways where I will deem it proper to remove your story and/or ban a group member.

The first is being disrespectful. Whether in your writing, or in the forum, or in any other situation, I will not tolerate people being insulting of anyone else or of their opinions. Sometimes you will write about characters that are transphobic or homophobic, but there's ways of portraying that and you should always make it clear that it's not alright.You should never insult other people. You should also never spread hate.

If I find anyone doing this their stories will be removed and they will be banned from the group.

The other way is more of a respect thing.

If I say your story is non-canon, and I move it to that folder, don't try moving it back. If you don't like an explanation, let's discuss it like adults. My only goal here is to have as many stories out there about acceptance and identity. I'm not here to fight. You shouldn't be either.

Well, I'm glad I got all that out of the way.

Now get to writing!
If you want that is...

Happy Reading,
-thedarkprep

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1