Dysphoria 61 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
thedarkprep
Group Admin

I know I already kind of wrote about this on the main page, but humor me for a bit because I find writing from the beginning a lot easier.

The story of Dysphoria was written to educate, inform, and entertain, and I did so by using my experiences and those of my close friends, compiling them, and writing them into a solid narrative. By doing this I'm letting you look at the world through my perspective. And yet, there's more to it than just my perspective isn't there?

While writing Arc 4, it occurred to me that as much as I was doing, I was still very limited. For one, my entire story was focused through Evening Rose, and while she's a great character, there's a lot of others whose perspective should not be ignored.

Characters like Dusk, Summer Breeze, Rich Rhyme, and the like all come from different places and they each go on their own personal journeys, both throughout Dysphoria and outside the scope of the main story.

Then there's the fact that my own experiences and perspective is not all-inclusive. Each person that goes through life has something unique to say.

I pride myself in that my story is real, if nothing else. I will always shoot for True over Great, and as such, I will always go for whatever brings more reality to the table.

Because of that, I did a couple of things.

The first of the things that I did was expand the world. I go (or will go) into detail showing different areas of Equestria, their workings, their ideals, and the local culture of each (focusing on how they deal with the LGBT community). The second thing I did was open the door for other stories.

In Arc 4 it is explained how Rose has impacted Equestria. Ponies all over Equestria are having discussions they've never had before. This is causing a revolution in the social landscape as far as cultural norms while those in the LGBT community are dealing with their own lives. Some are discovering themselves, some are having to adapt to their friends and family changing, and everyone is having to deal with the social changes that are struggling to happen.

That's where this group comes in.

What I need are stories.

I will be writing a few more stories from different character perspectives (titular characters, like Summer or Dusk), and I will be selecting writers to write stories from the others (like Rich Rhyme, and Perfect). However, I also want stories by other people from the perspective of OC characters throughout Equestria. You could be a transcolt from Vanhoover, or the parents of a transfilly in Manehattan. Whatever you feel comfortable writing.

The only thing I ask is that the story fits in with the main story. I would suggest not writing about future events just yet (I'll let you all know when the story is actually finished and therefore when it is safe to do so). Anything that happened during the span of the story is fair game though. I would also suggest picking points from the main story to include in your story, even if it is only in passing, to ground your story in the universe. However, what approach you take with it is up to your own discretion. If your story conflicts with the main, or if there's a problem I will give suggestions on how to get it to mesh better but know that I will never tell you what to write.

(Example: You can write a story about a character in a city interacting with other ponies after news of Rose got out. Or you can have a character during the changeling invasion. Or you can have a character that was in Canterlot during the first dissappearance of Slant. You already know what happens for a good while so you can make sure events mesh, and as long as you connect it to a point in the story, anyone reading it will know where/when it takes place, even if your story doesn't actively involve Rose)

The reason for this is that I want you to write about your experiences, and I want each story to be real.

It doesn't have to just be transponies. This could be family members, allies, the rest of the lgbt community, friends, enemies, whatever experience you have to share.

Together we can get the universe of Dysphoria to encompass so much more than I could by myself.

I hope you join me in sharing the reality of our experience.
-thedarkprep

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1