The Ultimate Roleplay Group™ 51 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
applejack2357
Group Admin

Hello, everybody. My name is applejack2357, and I would like to say, thanks for joining!:pinkiehappy:

Roleplay is a form of theatre, whether on a computer, at a con, or on a stage. It is where two or more people be someone else than who they really are. (I think that sums it up quite nicely.) That is not to say the character can't have your personality, because s/he can.

However, the difference between roleplay and acting: Roleplay has free range. What this means is the possibilities are endless. At one point, you could be at your apartment, the next you could be at the park, then the hospital, and so on.

In roleplay, we use what is called an OC (original character). This character is made by you alone on how he acts, walks, talks, all ins and outs. There is a great Pony Creator you can use to make your OC and put him as your avatar, if you wish. When I started, however, I did not have an OC, so I used Applejack. That is all fine and well, but be sure to change the personality slightly.

OC's also have their opposites, known as R63OC. Whether you are a male or a female, you can make an OC of opposite gender.

When in roleplay, you want to type in this format:
Type normally when your OC is talking.
Use italics when your OC is thinking.
*Use asterisks when your OC is doing an action*
(Use parenthesis when you want to talk as yourself, not your OC.)

Example:

I don't give a fuck! I'm tired of letting you treat me like this!
*Turns away, begins to cry*
I should have left long ago...
(Makes sense, right? If not, let me know.)

When in roleplay, we use the user page of someone as their 'apartment', so to speak. It can change, but that is what it is mostly.

I think that's everything. Here are some questions. I will answer them as well.

1: Do you have an OC?
(I have four at the moment. I plan on making more.)
2: If you do have an OC, do you have an R63OC, or plan on making one?
(Yes, I have one.)
3: I have seen some roleplay get rather... intimate... Do you take acting to the extremes?
(Personally, If you like to do that, it's all fine and well. Me, no. The most I will probably do is kiss.)
4: What time zone are you in?
(I am on Pacific time in the US.)

applejack2357
Group Admin
applejack2357
Group Admin

843342 (I'll meet you at your page.)

843345>>843347 I'll hop on the wagon in a few hours. :yay:

applejack2357
Group Admin

843523 He just left...:ajbemused:

I am confused. I've RP'd before, but... Where do I start?

I-I'm not sure if I'm actually supposed to answer these on here or just be thinking them over in my head...
I'm going to type them out... but if that isn't what you wanted, please let me know so I can delete this post right away!
Please inform me of anything I am doing wrong...

Do you have an OC?:
Yes. Three at the moment (if you count the one that is currently possessing my stallion).
I have a lot more in the making.

If you do have an OC, do you have an R63OC, or plan on making one?:
No... I wasn't even aware of the term...
But now that I am, I will probably do one for each character I make!

I have seen some role play get rather... intimate... Do you take acting to the extremes?:
I have, admittedly, been in such role plays... Never with MLP characters, though...
So I guess my answer is no, in a way... I won't be doing anything like that in the rps on here.

What time zone are you in?:
Uhmm... Pennsylvania time? It's 5:42 right this very second, if that helps...
I should really remember what time zone I'm in... I've asked countless of times, but I always forget soon after they give me an answer...

applejack2357
Group Admin

982720 Okay, cool. That's exactly what I was asking for.:twilightsmile:

I am currently running a four-person RP on my page, if you would like to join.

I would love too! If it's not too late...
You guys aren't too far into it for me to join, are you?

applejack2357
Group Admin

982794 You may want to read it...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16