Dragon Age Fanfiction And More 60 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Hey everyone. Well its happening, I'm starting to write a Dragon Age crossover inspired by Fallout Equestria. Whilst that story showed how a world of harmony and peace could succumb to war and fear this series will explore how that world came to be in the first place, as well as give a theoretical backstory to some of Equestria's historical figures such as Starswirl the Bearded. However I feel that a story of this scale should not be attempted alone, especially by someone who's just starting out like myself. So I'm posting this thread to ask for someone to co-write this series (just one though, I don't want the stories creative path to end up in a complete mess (no offence meant to anyone)). Someone who has a vast knowledge of the Dragon Age universe and knows the games (in particular Origins where most of the story is based of) inside and out, has at least good story telling skills, and if possible someone who is really good at drawing and painting illustrations for the covers and possibly some illustrations for some the scenes in the story (optional). If anyone's interested please contact me via my inbox and show me some of your work, stories, artwork ect, and then once I get enough info I'll make a decision on who the lucky guy/girl will be. I look forward to working with you on this story.

3819569 I do know really know the world of Thedas on the inside out and I have beaten Orgins like 8 times so I know Orgins really well but sadly I am not good at writing but I am a very good plot developer

3819710 Well knowledge of Dragon Age Lore, that's certainly something I need. How about I post some ideas to you and you can tell me what you think? So first of all the story is going to begin with 6 prologue tie-ins, similar to the Origins of each class in the first Dragon Age, establishing each of the main cast in their own stories before being united in the main one. We start of with the Mage, Starswirl Greymane (later known as the bearded), then an Earth Pony Noble Stran Feryn (a combination of Human noble and Alistair), A Dalish Griffon (Elf) named Rwyth Sharptalon (a combination of Rainbow from MLP and Wolverine from X-Men), a Griffon Commoner named Leena Orlsdaughter (Pinkie if she was sensible with a hint of crazy rather than crazy with a hint of sensible), a Canii Noble (Diamond Dog - Dwarf) named Rghrer Wyrlf (a combination of Oghren and the Dwarf Noble) and finally a Canii Caste-less Rogue named Teela Bergrend (personality wise like Varric from DA2 with a dash of Leliana).

Then the Main story will follow these six as they become Grey Wardens and attempt to stop the second invasion of the Soul Eaters (collectivly made up of Changelings and Windigos with the three Sirens from Rainbow Rocks leading the horde along with the Archdemon, in this universe an unholy aberation shaped like an Alicorn caught in the process of changing into a flesh-less Dragon and froze mid transformation). Along this journey the stories which started in their prequel books will intertwine and get resolved within the narrative of the main story, leading in the end to not just the final confrontation with the Archdemon but paving the way for the events of the main Canon series, setting up the exodus to Equestria, the origins of Celestia and Luna as well as Crysalis, Discord, Sombra, Tirek you get were this is going.

So what do you think? Anything to contribute?

3819865 I like this so where the OC are the Gray Wardens also I got an idea that Tirek, Sombra, and some unicorns should be the one who tryed to take over heaven but they where casted out to be Dark Spawn

Comment posted by Rubyfire377 deleted Nov 21st, 2014

3820155 Well I've written down that the Unicorns of the Solari Imperium (according to the Celestial Temple's doctrine) were the ones who became the first Soul Eaters (this universes version of the Dark spawn) which consist of Changelings, Windigos, the three Sirens, the Archdemon and possibly Darkspawn, which the Grey Wardens were formed (by Griffons - hence the heraldry) to combat. Tirek is of the Centaur race who along with the Minotaurs are akin to the Qunari, Sombra in this world is a Shadow Mage, which in this story is the equivalent of a Blood Mage. Like these ideas?

3820165 Yes I like these Ideas

3820165 now I got to ask is the 6 mane pose Spike is going to be in this

3820172 Unfortunately he's not making an appearance in this book as he appears in the third game whilst this primarily takes place in the first. But yes this new villain is an interesting one. On the one hand he seems like Sauron, a power hungry but cunning and effective villain who never shows his face and his exact plans remain a mystery, and on the other hand he is given a voice and personality we can recognize. It should be interesting to know why he wants to crush Thedas, whether he's a mortal or a demon, or even if he's this worlds version of the Devil! Dark Lords and power hungry Gods do seem to be very popular in Fantasy don't they? To name a few, Sauron from LOTR, as well the earlier Dark Lord Melkor from the Silmarilon and Saruman, Darksied from the DC Universe, various evil Gods from Dungeons and Dragons games such as Baldur's Gate, Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter, even parodies from games such as Overlord the list goes on! What is it about power hungry Dark Lords that make them so endearing and yet don't turn them into Cliche's?

3820190 ok I understand this

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10