Official OC Group 464 members · 1,482 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I'm doing a finale of a series I started on Youtube called "Why the OC hate?" Thing I've done two of these and I feel like I have said all I need to say on the subject.

Since this subject does actually apply all around, I actually wouldn't mind opinions from this group as well as the usual.

The OC's I've seen getting the most hate are Alicorns, Recolors, and Dark/Red and Black OC's.

I would appreciate the assistance in this subject in the form of opinions.

Don't forget Neon colored OC's ^^.
I personally have no problem with Alicorns if they are either look or are written well. Or if they have some kind of power that is not godlike, something that goes under the level of Celestia and Luna.

Recolors just scream lack of creativity or motivation to come up with something original. It's okay if you are lacking drawing skills or something and decide to use Pony Creators but there should be put more "originality" into "Original Characters".

As for black OC's. There are black ponies in the show like Thunderlane but what I don't like are those pitch black ones that don't look natural. And Ponies that are black and red are just always edgy looking. Again, instead of a realistic looking red (In terms of My Little Pony logic), it is always this bright red shade instead of, let's say, Big Mac's red.

That's all I got. But don't mind me. I am actually very hard to impress when it comes to OC's and even if other people use a lot of work creating them, for me, it's often too much unless they look like as if they came directly from the show.
For example, and I don't mean to look for a fight or anything but the pony in your avatar is something that I already would call too much.

Hope that helped in any way ^^.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2