Just Role Playing 98 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Lepking13
Group Admin

Hey everyone, the idea was put forth that we should have a general rules and tips thread. So I decided to put all the advice we've given the newcomers in various threads into a single one.

Do:
1. Be considerate of other player's characters. This means you don't move or injure them without permission, either from the player themselves or the thread master.
2. Respect the thread Canon. If the thread master has said that 'this' is the canon for his RP, you can't be pulling logic from 'that' canon unless the logic matches.
3. Respect the thread rules. They're set in place by the thread master, and his word is law within that thread.
4. If you're going to make a thread NSFW, you must dictate in the title whether it is going to be NSFW because of gore or sex.

Don't:
1. Be a dick. This encompasses everything from disobeying the thread master, to just consistently being a jerk. This makes people not want to RP with you.
2. Have omniscient characters. Knowing just how to fix something, or knowing something happening anywhere from a few streets away to an entire continent when you have no possible way to is annoying. Some problems have answers from the original post, that aren't supposed to be known by anyone but the thread master as a plot device. Magically presenting this knowledge as 'something you just happened to come across' can kill a RP quicker than anything else.
3. Make your character godly or insanely overpowered compared to the other characters. This is mostly up to the Thread Master to judge, and his word is law.

If you have any more Do's and Don'ts, please message me and I will add them. I will get around to tips at a later day.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1