RWBY Fan Club 700 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So, some RWBY announcements:

Okay, I know I'm not gonna watch it after my disappointment with volume 3, but there are talking animals in RWBY!? A Faunus is one thing since they're part human, but having non-sapient wildlife talk is just ridiculous as we've seen this before in any other anime.

Yes, I know it's 'magic' that broke Monty Oum's vision, but they're just animals that were separate from humans and faunuses, and I highly doubt this is a kids' show when there are a lot of adult themes since volume 3.

Heck, in my upcoming Godzilla and RWBY crossover, my monsters don't talk nor understand other languages of different species, especially highly intelligent ones that only communicate via body language, various clicks, chirps and screeches, in order to make it realistic.

You may feel free to disagree, because I'm not watching volume 9.

7709432 Actually, in the book Fairy Tales of Remnant there is a God of Animals, he was the one solely responsible for the creation of the Faunus.

Edit: This was just uploaded so...

Which was retconned because Faunuses had been on Menagerie since the end of the Great War, and it was shown that every human and faunus were created by Dust, not by gods. This explains how humans gave birth to faunuses because of Dust altering their DNA with other animals, but the writers denied that concept, and give the show literal gods for the sake of 'oh it's just Fantasy, you can't criticize it, we can do whatever we want'.

Okay, I'm no atheist, but in my opinion, I hate the idea of literal gods in RWBY, because one, we've seen this before in every Fantasy show or movie and it gets overboard, two Monty Oum never got the idea of literal gods in the show while there was religion that wasn't the main focus, three, if these Gods were a thing in this world, we have no historical evidence of humans and other animals created by gods or goddesses other than religion and beliefs in real-life, in various religion and mythologies, they represent human ingenuity and nature, it wasn't something out of HP Lovecraft where the gods and monsters represent our fear and paranoia, and four, as an environmentalist and a fan of Michael Crichton, there's a good reason why gods should not be human, because sapient beings, like humans, with different opinions can cause a lot of chaos as they either use their will for good or evil, while non-sapient animals, including dinosaurs, don't care about opinions, their powers and what they created, they just want to survive, which is why ecosystems help balance the environment as plants produce oxygen we breathe, herbivores eat plants to prevent wildfires, and predators eat herbivores to prevent overpopulation. You may like that concept, I personally don't.

Still not watching it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6