Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Skywriter
Group Admin

This forum is about Miss (or Ms.) Harshwhinny, who is best pony. Q.E.D.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Uh, Sky? Don't you think you ought to go into a bit more detail than that?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Oh. Right.

"Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony" got its start in early 2013 when I got bored waiting around to see if the Season 3 finale was going to Joss the tar out of my ongoing fics before writing any more on them. "Games Ponies Play" had just aired, and I thought it would be funny to satirize the Pony fandom's tendency to latch on to trivial characters and elevate them to a status of importance beyond anything they possessed in the canon. Bizarrely, no one had particularly seized the Equestria Games inspector yet, so I decided that I would create an entire forum, populated only by myself, wherein I would lionize the crap out of this character that nobody cared about, playing all the required parts myself. Ergo, I would post stupid threads, flame myself mercilessly for doing so, keep myself informed of my entirely fictional story ideas, whip up an askblog Tumblr for her, that sort of thing.

A few days later, I had a dream that told me that I should stop abusing the forum system; it was not a difficult dream to interpret or decipher because the dream consisted in its entirety of me reading a huge billboard that read "STOP ABUSING THE FORUM SYSTEM." I decided that it would be less of an abuse if I were to tell people about my stupid piece of Internet performance art and invite them to join in, so I did so.

In recent days, there has been an influx of genuine fandom appreciation for this character. This is a wonderful thing, and I am more than happy to have MHiBP serve as a real fan portal for stories and discussion about Ms. Harshwhinny. I did not pick this character randomly, after all: all satire aside, I do enjoy a good world-weary Woman of Iron character, and I am an absolute sucker for worry-lines around the eyes. But please be advised that, because of the peculiar way it came about, this is a very silly forum, filled with silly people posting silly threads (and flaming both themselves and their own obvious sockpuppets for doing so). Feel free to join in the weirdness at whatever level you feel comfortable. I think there's room here for us all.

What exactly, in this context, is a "sockpuppet"?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Princess, we need to talk.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5