Knights of Night 23 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
Necroesphere
Group Admin

Knights of Night, here is our second contest. The rules are the same as last month, though I'll just post them now to keep questions down and more people in the clear.

1) It must be Luna related! We are the Knights of Night and having anything tying into the other branches of Equestrian law and royalty would be strange. Keep it within these confines.

2) You are allowed an incomplete story. The limit per story is anywhere from 2,000 to 8,000 words. Or at least what you submit at the time. This may seem like a lot, but this will make sense later.

3) Please keep away from clopping or grim-dark. I will not read anything that is super gore fest or just plain out a sexual fantasy. There are other groups out there for that.

Ok, so here we go. For this month, I want to see what the Knights of Night did when Nightmare Moon gained control. I don't care if Nightmare Moon is only alive for a day or if it's over a few years. Your discretion. Now, let's see more of you write please. Spread the word as well, get people involved. Go tell all the Luna's on the site to help spread the word.

I should also let it be known that I will also be writing this month and allow my friend to judge for us instead. Though, I'll need to check with him instead.

Now, go Knights, write and think freely. Go.

You have until the 7th of August.

"Write and think freely"

Did you steal borrow that from me? :rainbowlaugh:

Necroesphere
Group Admin

No, I do all this improv.

I thought so. It's just that that's kind of my catch phrase. It's something of a rule that I have, partly because I see so many simple ideas, most of which that are stolen from something else, and yet I still see a unique flair in them all.

"Thinking Freely" is a life goal that most people either try to achieve on a daily basis, or try to avoid because the world is a harsh place.

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Are you going to be writing this month. Please say yes. I'm also about to go to the self-promotion bureau to promote this group.

It's a concept that I have little imagination for, and I believe I just came up with an interesting story today as well.

I'll try my hoof at it if I get an idea though. I promise. :ajsmug:

And I ALWAYS keep my promises.

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Thanks. And sorry about that SOS

It's fine.

I gotta tell you though, I hadn't realized just how much I've been neglecting the group until I took part in another RP with you and Key!

I did a pretty awesome DARP in the DA Chat room with him today as well! AND this new story idea might end up being a new book for me!

I'm telling you, that SOS, and RPing in general for the past couple of days, has really upped my creative brain! I might even finish Crystal Heart! XD

Necroesphere
Group Admin

That's why I'm here. I love doing RPs because I exercise my creativity and it gives me more ideas to write about.

This is why we are friends. Also we're both insane, so that helps a bit. :pinkiecrazy:

You have a DA account?

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Let's think... Who drew those swords?

Oh yeah.....I forgot. Been a while since we tried to do that.

Hey! since we all have DA accounts, we can go to the instant chat room and actually do a collab for that!

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Sorry, I'm a bit busy writing my Necroesphere crossover. I'm almost done with the third chapter before I must edit the second.

Well....all in good time I suppose.

You heard anything about Guy?

Necroesphere
Group Admin

I am just going to assume he fell out of the fandom.

He wouldn't just up and leave without at least explaining that.....at least I don't think so....

As much as I hate to admit it.....he's gone. Now I has sad again.

I think I'll just wrap up this Blind story/one-shot that I'm writing now and go to bed.

Night man.

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Night. Look for my Necroesphere being updated tomorrow.

1265701 I sent a message to Wanderer D, so when he posts his Monthly Group Notice blog, this might get a mention.

Also, I am hoping to enter. I'm getting an idea fleshed out, and I'm gonna be using my Avatar in it, though he'll be slightly different from the Ironwright you know from Comment Warriors.

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Hey, I only made one rule about characters. And it is askewed for this with Nightmare Moon, so go ahead.

1267827 Alright, so as long as NMM has a role in it, it's k? 'Cause this'll mostly be about a Thestral (bat pony) and an alt version of my avatar.

Necroesphere
Group Admin

I gave you guidelines. The guild's reaction on Nightmare Moon. Write it how you feel, as long as that is in it.

1268635 Kk. I'm thinking more like the Nightmare Army, which is made up of the Knights of Night (converted into Nightmare Knights), and other types, which I call Demonicorns (basically, unicorns with Elemental contracts that have made them living entities made up of their chosen element) and Lycans, which are the Earth pony version of Demonicorns. They can actually choose when to "turn" and when to be "normal," though, while the Demonicorns cannot. The Nightmare Knights are mostly Thestrals, but others can join their ranks if they can match the thestrals' speed.

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Fine, but you need to have a large reference to the guild before that happens.

1275475 Okay, and by that you mean this group specifically, right? Do you want me to have some people in the fic named after group members or something?

Necroesphere
Group Admin

Well, no. This is a group that is currently after Luna returns. I just am getting you guys to write history

1278350 Yeah, okay. So just have the Knights of Night/Nightmare Knights play at least a middle-back role in the story, got it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26