The Great and Not Obsessive Trixie 1,644 members · 2,052 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hello I'm Wave Blaster, and you just read that in the Critic's voice.

Well, as a Trixie fan around here, I'm finally working on my own "Trixie fic"
Hooray!
But

The thing is (and the reason of this post) is that I got stuck on a point in the scene when she first enters into scene. Here's what I got:

The backstory is that after the Ursa Minor incident (this is before the third season) and the subsequent lost of her career, Trixie went down (as in canon). Without a job and essentially homeless, one day she decide to vent her frustrations by writing a hell of letter to a local newspaper ranting about how Equestrian society is so unforgiving and how the ones without success are left behind a curtain of lies and propaganda.

What nopony expected was that the letter not only got published (by mistake) but also it got famous all around Equestria to the point that Trixie found out that she's not only good expressing herself (no surprise there) but also doing it by writing, so she decided to star a new career about that. But since writing is not the most lucrative of jobs, she still needs a more regular income.

For reasons that I'm still figuring out, she ended up in Ponyville taking any job that she can as also trying to get into the local newspaper (a la Edgar Alan Poe).

The scene where I'm stuck is where she and the main six (only Twilight, Rarity and Rainbow) finally encounter each other.

"I just can not believe it yet." A blue pegasus with a rainbow mane confessed to her purple and white friends. Since the return of Mare-Do-Well, Rainbow Dash had been a little in the edge. At first it was like seeing a taunting ghost of her mistakes mocking at her from the newspapers and magazines, but now it was like that ghost suddenly became a legend as practically everypony in town was talking about her in some way or another. Noticing how bad was Rainbow feeling, and also feeling guilty for the whole situation, her friends decided to spent the day taking her around town to distract her. But as Pinkie, Fluttershy and Applejack where too busy to accompany them, only Twilight and Rarity were with her at the Haydollars for a drink after hanging around.

"I mean, is not like we need some idiot pony to play 'big damn hero'. And wearing that mask, what do she think she is?" Of course, being the energetic mare that she was, Dash couldn't take her mind from the matter. The waitress taking her sweet time to appear didn't helped either.

"Darling, you must simply take that matter out of your mind." Rarity replied. "Is not healthy to keep spinning the issue."

"Sorry Rares, it's just that... Is like seeing back to the past."

"Rainbow, please. We all are truly sorry for what we did. Can you just move out of it?" Twilight asked her.

"No, is not like that. It's not about you guys." She looked down. "But every time that I heard about her, is like a remind of my own mistakes, how dumb I acted that time." Twilight reached for her friend but Rarity was closer. The white unicorn rubbed the rainbow mare in the shoulder trying to calm her.

"There there. You learned about your mistake then and now you're a better pony for that. If something has to remain from that experience is that we can't let our prides get the best of us." But the moment was interrupted by the waitress finally reaching their table. An azure unicorn wearing a green apron walked next to them, eyes focused on a small notebook as saying.

"Hello, my name is Tr--." But she stopped when she raised her gaze to see the ponies sat at the table. She froze for a while before continuing. "--rickster! That's it, Trickster. Sorrybutthere'sarecessionandwe'reclosing. Goodbye!" Turning around to left as Rainbow looked at her and said.

"You!" Before them was an azure mare with silver hair, around her twenties. She wasn't wearing her distinctive cape and hat, her mane was collected into a ponytail and she was wearing a pair of half moon glasses over her eyes but it was clearly her. The self proclaimed Great and Powerful Trixie was back in town.

Yeah, is a Mare-Do-Well fic too, but the intention is that Trixie has a major relevance into it.
So, how you think I should continue this scene? Or should I change it for another setting? Please, I already spent three days trying to advance this

Idea: RD tackled Trixie to the ground and starts interrogating her.

What about this?
*ahem*

The azure unicorn tried to ran away but, even at its best physical condition, the average unicorn could barely match the slowest of the pegasi. In this case, said unicorn was trying to ran away from the fastest mare alive.

Rainbow was already angry and tired, almost prying for any new target to where focus that frustration. After that she could have swear that she heard the voices of Twilight and Rarity calling her but she never figured out what they tried to say.

It only took a split of a second for the two ponies to turn into a rolling blue blur in the ground before coming to a stop against a wall. The two unicorns left at the table, finally registering up what just happened, rose from their seats too. They ran to their flying friend to stop her from doing something she would regret in the future. And maybe save the showmare from a hell's beatdown if there was enough time.

"What the b(beep)ck are you doing here?!" Her voice making more a roar than a question as pressing the trapped mare in her hooves against the wall. "Answer me!" Rainbow Dash wasn't a pony who could handle being mocked and having in front of her somepony who did exactly that in front of half the town wasn't helping the unicorn's case.

"Can't you see? I was working, you know. Earning my daily loaf of bread." She simply deadpanned. Twilight was stunned by the strange scene in front of her, unable to figure out how this just happened. Rarity instead, reacted putting a hoof on the pegasus's shoulder to stop her.

"Rainbow, please."

"Please nothing! Don't you remember what she did to us the last time she was here?!" Although she actually loosened her grasp on the other pony.

"I do, but hurting her will not erase that." Rarity spoke as calm as she could, knowing too well how was Rainbow when consumed by her own rage. The rainbow pegasus let out a sigh and let her prisoner free and turned to Rarity.

"Fine." Then facing at Trixie. "You got one chance, you blow it and I'll be over you again."

"And maybe I will reply the next time too." The spark of defiance shining in her eyes. "But unfortunately, I'm still in the need of working here if I want to see a breakfast with tomorrow's dawn. Wait till the next our and I will properly explain how did I got myself in this place at this situation." Using her magic to straight her apron and levitating her notebook with a pencil she continued. "Now I will need to ask you for your order or to leave this place in favor for those who want a meal or a drink rather than a conflict." Showing a flat, professional expression the entire time that took her to speak, her tone neutral as the color grey.

The three friends decided to leave the place, mostly Rarity and Twilight in regards of calming down Rainbow's mod but not before Twilight could tell Trixie to meet them at the library but she responded
"Is not in my wishes to expose myself before you or your associates, so is not in my interest to follow a path to do it. If you still find inside you the need to come and ask for my private reasons you can meet me a this direction." Writing a not in her notebook and levitating it to Twilight to take it. She turned around and went to the backside of the cafe.

There, without a real translator and unedited, directly from Frank Miller's school of Ham.

I like it. It's cool and it works, though it needs to be edited quite a bit.

Good job! :pinkiehappy:

Thanks, I wasn't sure if changing Trixie's "third pony talking" for "sesquipedalian loquaciousness" without loosing her characteristic "ham". What do you think about that?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5