Autistic Bronies United 207 members · 153 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Do any of you, after having read any fanfictions centred on the background pony Cloud Kicker, feel envy or jealousy? Rather it is envy on her sexual promiscuity and her wide-ranging circle of friends-with-benefits and her charm.
My reading of Cloud Kicker pertains to the "Winningverse" circle of stories by Chengar Qordath and others.

Let me know what you think.

I understand what you're saying, but it's a really weird thing to say. Also, wow, "Winningverse"... And I thought "Space Ripper Stingy Eyes" was a bad name.

Cloud Kicker is a fictional character, and while you can be jealous of what a character has, you're real. That character isn't. You can make changes in reality that character never could. Also, you can make your own stories. That character can't, unless her writer decides she does. You exist, you can change and adapt and evolve, and do things without some writer needing to give you permission. Also, that character isn't even all that charming. Or likable. She's really just the generic "Beloved slut with morals" character that exists to sleep around, fight dirty, do and say stupid things, and live without the limits the author has to abide by. In reality, people like her don't get happy endings, or happy stories. But this is fiction, so the generic plot device of a character can fuck whoever the writer wants.

Also, you always have the option of living vicariously through fanfics and OCs. Why be jealous of something when you can easily have it? Most writers don't even know how to write charming characters, so they fake it by making the character act in stereotypically charming ways while other characters react as though the character is the most charming thing ever. Same deal with intelligence, which is why so many "I'm so smart, I can't go ten paragraphs without snarking at everything and insulting everyone!" characters exist.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2