Completed Story Compendium 1,703 members · 21,069 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

What should we do with stories marked Long Shot that aren't oneshots? The description of the tag specifies single-chapter stories over 5K words, but there are many, many multichapter stories in the folder. Is there a Group Admin or Mod that could clean it up? (Or something?) If you order the stories by length, the first 9 stories don't really feel like one-shots. The first two are A Hairy Problem and its sequel, A Hairier Problem. Both are over 100K words, and each is over 20 chapters.

Do stories in the style of one-shots count? Often, there's a really good one-shot, and due to popular demand, the author adds another chapter as an epilogue, sequel, alternate ending, etc. Will they be left in? I mean, two-shots are pretty much the same as one-shots, except they give more closure. Should it be strictly one-chapter stories?

How about stories similar to one-shots, but aren't? A Rainbow Colored Trail and works of similar length (8-11 chapters), where the author has clearly planned out the plot beforehand, and doesn't desperately search for a new plot arc in the middle of the story, feel like one-shots, because they're not too long and they have none of the problems longer (60K+) stories seem to have. What about those?

TL;DR:
I'm confused on eligibility requirements. When the tag descriptions say, 'one-shot', does that include two-shots? How about other stories similar to one-shots?

Comment posted by Carrara deleted Aug 16th, 2015
Danger Beans
Group Admin

The folder marked Long Shots was originally intended for longer single chapter stories, but has since grown to encompass multi chapter stories as well. As long as they meet the requisite length requirements, post away.

Thanks. (Oh, and don't mind all the deleted comments. Originally I had each chapter of the main post in its own comment, but then I integrated them in to the main and deleted them.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7