My Little Over Analysis 235 members · 198 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Psyco Josho
Group Contributor

EDIT: Pilate has spoken! The information shown now should be correct.

The story classification folders seem good, but some of them seem a bit confusing or vague. What does "Mountains Out of Molehills" constitute? What would go in Duality besides the obvious?

Also, why does Themes, Dreams & Schemes have so many more stories than all the others. Are those kinds of stories just more common? Are other kinds overlooked?

I'll make a list out of what we know:

Duality: Juxtaposition, paradoxes and the like.

Mountains Out of Molehills: Making a big deal out of a seemingly small subject matter.

Open to Interpretation: Everyone who reads this will have a different opinion (classification based on reader reaction).

Pending: Think something belongs to another folder? You can put it here! :pinkiehappy: This is the only folder that other group members can add to. Pilate wants to encourage discussion of a fic before it gets commited to a folder. The infrastructure exists for a discussion, so we might as well use it.

Themes, Dreams & Schemes: Exploration of ideas and study of character. In other words, the "junk drawer" for My Little Over Analysis. This is for fics that obviously have depth, but are more nebulous in their method.

Pilate
Group Admin

Duality: Bingo.

Mountains: Bingo

Open: Bingo.

Pending: is the only folder group members can add to. I'd like to encourage some discussion of a fic before it gets committed to a folder. The infrastructure exists for discussion, so we might as well use it.

Themes: Also bingo. It's the "catch-all" folder for fics that have depth but in a more nebulous fashion.

I am totally open to adding or removing folders as everyone sees fit, those were just the ones I thought of at the time.

Psyco Josho
Group Contributor

Awesome! :twilightsmile: Thanks for telling me this!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3