Changelings Need Love Too 2,334 members · 1,542 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I decided to make some Changeling classes, why? For a possible story.

Drones: The lowest of the Changelings, the Drones job is to gather love and feed it to the hive. Drones are weak, but can overpower Canterlot guards in large groups, they are also one of the best when it comes to disguises. Drones are the only one that can store love for future consumption.

Nurses: Arguably the second most important Changeling, Nurses give birth to new Changelings. They are the weakest of them and there magic is weak, barely able to make a disguise. Nurses are the only ones that can give birth.

Breeders: These Changelings are the ones that get the Nurses pregnant, they are drones that have been promoted for there duty, their magic and strength are still the same as before. Breeder are the only ones that can breed with the Nurses.

Spy: These Changelings are the ones that infiltrate governments and military outposts and gather information. They are the best at making disguises and accents, even able to fool other Changelings. Spies are the only one that can disguise with their surroundings.

Soldiers: These Changelings guard the Hive, Nurses, and the Queen. They are the strongest of the
Changelings and can easily take down a Timberwolf. Soldiers have a rivalry with the Warriors.

Warriors: These Changelings are the ones that fight battles. They are the second strongest and can use any weapon, they are also the only ones that wears armour. Warriors have a rivalry with the Soldiers.

Generals: These Changelings are the ones that come up with the battle plans and strategies. They are second in power and leads the Warriors into battle. Generals are the only ones that can become a King/Queen.

Kings/Queens: This Changeling is the leader of the hive. The King/Queen is a selected General that has been chosen by the Hive. Kings/Queens are the only ones that can choose what a Changeling will be.

Male and female Changelings can be in any class, but only females can be Nurses and only males can be Breeders.

I will not say which of the Mane Six will be what class, but you are free to guess.

well rainbow dash -warrior

fluttershy=nurse

pinkie pie=drone

rarity= nurse

applejack=soldier

twilight= spy

I feel like it would be more simple, with distinctions within classes. Nature's not that complicated, look at other hive or colony animals. There're three or four roles, and those are divided into jobs. You're free to do whatever, obviously, but it could make more sense this way.

I suppose your system hinges on the idea of whether Chrysalis gives birth to all the changelings, but it looks like she doesn't.

Butterkeet
Group Admin

851395 i twnd to classify them differently and the queens have a different body structure then the others so i think they are queens by birth right and i think that the queen lays the eggs and has a group of males but i wouldnt call them breeders because in most circles the breeders are refering to the females in the group that have the young as well as that "nurse" makes it sound as though they are responsible for taking care of changeling young

855225 Since you mentioned it, \i don't think Changelings lay eggs, I think they birth live young, because I classify them as mammals.

Butterkeet
Group Admin

855266 interesing. they are very insect like and are often potrayed as a hive similar in structure to an ant hill or possibly a bee hive but they are rather pony-like hmm... thats something to chew on for sure

Drones: The lowest of the changelings,

great...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7