• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,081 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,081

PreviousChapters Next
Rainbow Versus Shell

A glowing sound stone bobbed across the surface of the bubbling sewage. “Put that in your horns and shake it, ya smelly rainsticks!” the shard broadcasted.

With his hooves thrust deep into the muck, Shell did a double-take towards the enchanted item. He squinted as his lips slurred. “Enforcer Josho...?”

Just then, the liquid glowed bright red from below.

Shell glanced down. He gasped and flew back against the brickwork as the sewage exploded before him.

Rising up on thrusting horseshoes, Rainbow Dash emerged from the depths, every inch of her armor covered in loose slime. Her pendant's shimmering lightning bolt reflected a vicious frown.

“You're going to have to try harder than that, jerksauce.”

Shell angled his horn forward. “Very well, then.” With a hiss of raw magic, he slid over two dozen loose bricks out from the walls of the chamber and formed them into a solid missile overhead.

Rainbow's eyes darted from the stallion to the projectile. She flinched—

Shell flung the chunk of wall at her figure.

With thrusters burning, Rainbow shot along the interior of the sewers, skirting under and over the support columns of looming, decrepit aqueducts. As Shell's telekinesis throttled after her, the bricks collected more and more debris until a veritable serpent of sludge and mortar was ravenously chasing after his target.

Rainbow Dash at last backflipped over a low hanging arch of stone. Shell's missile flew messily into it, sending shards of cracked brick flying everywhere. Going against the flow, Rainbow Dash soared in the opposite direction, flipping and twirling around every loose missile that crossed her path back to her opponent.

Shell increased the volume of his bombardment, flinging chunks of congealed plaster and petrified mud. Rainbow vaulted and kicked off them as if they were gymnastic podiums and flew at Shell with a vicious dropkick. “Yaaaaaugh!”

Calmly, Shell's horn flickered, and he caused the last chunk of debris to fly backwards into the pegasus' flank.

“Gaaah!” Rainbow flew towards him.

The stallion lifted his hoof, calmly caught her belly with a strong forelimb, and ruthlessly slammed her spine down with a full-on body press. He leered over her, raising his metal prosthetic to beat her skull in senseless.

She thrusted her head back, allowing his face to get a full view of her pendant as it strobed. The ruby light stabbed into his one eye.

“Aaaugh!” Shell stumbled back.

Rainbow Dash kipped up, somersaulted, and flew all four hooves violently towards him.

He caught sight of her and flashed his horn, gritting his teeth with the effort it took to halt her body in motion. She levitated motionlessly just inches from his face. As he reached physically for his taser, she ignited her horseshoe thrusters, erupting all four of them straight into his muzzle.

“Nnnngh!” Shell's mane caught fire. He stumbled around, gripping his singed face.

With his back to her, Rainbow Dash plowed into him, knocking the two of through like stones across a festering pond. He wrangled out of her grip in mid-air and tried to block her punches with a telekinetic shield. She thrusted a hoof through, wrapping it around his gray neck and throwing his balance off. As a result, the two spun into the drink, shot through the filth like a torpedo, and came bursting out the other side with a foul splash.

The two slammed onto a dry platform of dust-laden bricks. Grunting from the impact, they rolled apart, coming to a stop in separate heaps. Rainbow Dash stood up on quivering hooves. Shell stood, collapsed, and pulled himself by a flickering metal prosthetic.

Squaring off from several meters' distance, the two took the time to catch their breath and allow the pain of the moment to settle.

Naturally, Rainbow Dash shouted something first. “Where are they?!” She seethed and spat. “You know where my friends are! You must! Why else would you be here?!”

“I'm here to collect what was never yours to begin with,” Shell leered.

“Will you can it with the holier-than-thou garbage?!” Rainbow Dash hissed. “We both know how this ends! You lose! You always lose! It never ends up with you getting the upper hoof!”

“I am going to give you one last chance to cooperate or I'll be forced to enlist your skills beyond the sarcophagus,” Shell grumbled.

“Listen to you! You're like a broken record! And both sides is a lame cover of 'Candle in the Whinny!'” Rainbow Dash grinded her hooves and roared, “How can an idiot like you be so dead-set on the same thing after losing so many battles?!”

“I have my eye on the war itself. I count everything between me and my goal a victory,” Shell said. “All that's ever meant anything to you is miles away and irreplaceable.” His eye narrowed. “You're so-called friends are simply a distraction to the fact that there's nothing left for you to win.”

“Shut up!” Rainbow hissed and galloped towards him with a vicious hoof-swing.

Shell side-trotted it, spun around, and grabbed her from behind. “Until you accept the fact that you're a lost cause unto yourself, you won't be useful to anypony.” He aimed his horn at her, encasing her in a telekinetic bubble. “Stop being loyal to nothing and give in!”

“Nnnnnnghh-Raaaaaugh!” Rainbow flung her hooves forward and expelled her horseshoes' flame to the breaking point.

The two of them slid back, back, back, and exploded through a wall of brick, showering dust and stone all over a sloshing cavern beyond. Their bodies were lost to the filth, masked over by the thunderous sounds of a tumultuous gunfight escalating overhead.

PreviousChapters Next