• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,076 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,076

PreviousChapters Next
No No No

Ebon Mane's labored breaths came to a wheezing stop just as the two stallions' hooves did. Pilate stood before a panel in the wall, against the foundation of which Simon stood, clawing against the metal surface with his pointed paws. The rodent let out several sharp chirps and tilted its head up at the zebra.

"I think this may be it," Pilate murmured.

"Where th-they're keeping Floydien?" Ebon asked. He gulped and stammered, "I'd try opening the door if I could see something."

"Well, why don't you try the hooflatch to the right, ya dolt colt?!"

"Gaaaa!" Ebon jumped back, nearly plowing over Pilate. "Fuuuuuu—oh, for the love of oats, it's you, Props."

Energy emanated from a sound stone embedded just to the side of the doorframe. "Heehee! Hiya! Call me Bernice the Building! I wanna be your friend!"

"Props, save it. We're right in front of the brig and we gotta get through. Can you—I dunno—open the door locks or something?"

"Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe..."

Ebon's voice took on the hint of a gowling turn. "Propsyyyy..."

"You gotta clasp the hooflatch so I can get access to the door! Don't ask why, it's sort of a mana translocation alley-oop thingy."

"Yes, well, I'm blind as a bat," Ebon muttered. His head pivoted aside. "Pilate?"

"Right here, Mr. Mane," Pilate said, on the other side of the stallion and making him jump. He reached forward to where he sensed the lever within the metal frame. "I do believe I have this."

"Props, can we expect any ponies on the other side?"

"Jee, I hope not. That would really stink. Ready?"

Pilate sighed and put on an awkward smile. "As ever..."

"Whatever's on the other side, I'll handle it," Ebon said. "You just stay here by the door."

"Whatever you say, Sir Cook." Pilate pulled at the hooflatch. "Alright! We got it on our end!"

"Now's as good a time as ever, Propsy!" Ebon exclaimed.

"Yupper-doodle-loo!" As the sound stone echoed those syllables, a mechanical whirring could be heard through the frame. After ten seconds, the door panel opened to even thicker darkness.

Ebon leaned back and forth, stirring nervously. Even Simon was still as stone. After about twenty seconds, Ebon turned towards Pilate. "You sense anything?"

"Uhm..." Pilate began.

"Who goes there?!" A voice shouted in mix anger and fright from several feet in front of them. "Identify yourselves!"

"We're... uh... we're from... uhm... Team Yellow! Yeah!" Ebon Mane strolled forward. "What's up, guys? Fatch sent us to check up on—"

The air sang with mana fire. Pilate winced and Ebon dove straight back out the frame in a sweating heap.

"They've got guns!" he hissed. "Lots and lots of guns! Simon!"

With a psychotic squeal, the rodent bounded in. Pilate sensed the streaking flurry of his tail, then nothing. Soon after, the sound of unloading rifles was replaced by the grunts and groans of guards. An armored body flew out of the doorframe, landing in a tangled heap against the far end of the hallway.

Ebon shouted, "The lil' guy needs our help!"

Pilate grimaced. "Really?"

"For freedom and salad mixes!" Ebon then charged into the room, carrying a fitful battlecry.

"Mr. Mane! Just—nnngh!" Pilate rushed in after him. The room opened up, and O.A.S.I.S. nearly shorted out from all of the information. Benches were spinning. Mana crystal lockboxes were shattering. Bodies were flying back and forth. Pilate felt an instant migraine, and instead of joining the fight he threw himself against a series of metal bars, leaning on it for support. As he tried to gather his wits, a series of cloven hooves reached out, slithered past the bars, and began ringing his neck. "Grkkkk!"

"Not so easy to glimmer in the dark, is it, boomer most stabby?! Floydien thinks boomer thirsts for bubbling cauldron of pain ocean!"

"Nnnnght... M-Mister... Fl-Floydien..." Pilate hissed for air as he felt sharp bands of pain ricocheting through O.A.S.I.S. "It's... it's..."

A gasp came from beyond the bars. "Striped boomer! But of course!"

The cloven hooves let go of Pilate immediately. The zebra fell, slumped against the bars. As the noise of the fight dwindled behind him, he stood up slowly, rubbing his aching throat. "How... did you know it was me?"

"Only the boomer with stripes would try to say 'Mister' while Floydien chokes him, yes yessss?"

"Oh... uhm... indubitably..." Pilate turned around, doing his best to scan across the darkness. "Simon? Ebon?"

"Floydien knows Simon, by his name as much by his glimmer." The voice came closer to the bars. "What boomer is this that answers to Ebon?"

"A friend. One of many. I found them in this building, but I didn't find Nancy Jane—Ebon?!" Pilate called out.

"Striped boomer is blind! Of course Nancy Jane isn't here! Would be a stupid decision, yes yes yes?"

"What do you mean? Just wait a minute..." Pilate shuffled across the room. "Ebon?" He sensed nothing but fallen, unconscious bodies. He scanned each of them, one at a time. "Ebon, are... are you okay?"

"Y-yes, Mr. Pilate. I'm... whew... I-I'm fine..."

Pilate gasped. He spun around, finally sensing the cook. The pony's body threaded through the darkness like a blooming flower. He had a hoof rested over his crown as his body came more clearly into focus.

"Still, though, that was one heck of a fight..."

"You're in one piece!" Pilate exclaimed, rushing over to him.

"Yes... regretfully... ugh..."

"You... you disappeared for a second there..."

"Hearing that from a bl-blind zebra makes me wanna laugh and wince all at once..."

"Are you sure that you're not hurt?"

"No, but nothing's broken. I assure you. Now where's Floydien—Whoah!" Ebon's body flailed as bushy-tailed thing scurried past his limbs.

Pilate sensed Simon scurrying through the bar and perching atop a tall figure's head. It leaned in and nuzzled the creature.

"Ah. Simon. The dust of stabby-stabby you're not. How quaint."

"Whoah... uh... hi there," Ebon suddenly stammered, facing the cell. "Floydien, I presume?"

Pilate turned towards the stallion. "You can see him?"

"Hard not to. He's kind of glowy... and pointy..."

"Floydien..." Pilate turned towards the cell. "We came to get you out. But tell me—what's this you know about Nancy Jane?"

"Glimmer thieving boomers said it all. Floydien spent all night interrogating them. Floydien knows where Nancy Jane is."

"Wait... you interrogated them?" Ebon leaned forward. "But... uh... you're the one who's behind bars."

"All better for the stabby stabby. They could have gotten hurt."

"...." Ebon turned towards Pilate. "Well, I'm sure he makes sense... to somepony."

"Floydien, where is Nancy Jane?"

"East of here, Nancy Jane lies, in giant contraption cavern most smoky where stabby stabby hide the air ships from Floydien and whose who are not Floydien, yes?"

"Huh?" Ebon slurred.

"The hangar..." Pilate murmured. "I-I think he's talking about the hangar!" He turned towards Ebon. "With all the zeppelins?"

"Hah!" Ebon's muzzle contorted, suggesting he was smiling. "Well, that's convenient!"

Simon barked, startled, as Floydien rattled against the bars. "It is most definitely not convenient for Floydien or Floydien's Nancy Jane! Severely criticize your!"

"Okay! Okay!" Ebon backed up, waving a horn. "Just stay calm, branches. We're gonna help out Nancy Jane too!"

Silence reigned, until Floydien finally muttered, "Nancy Jane is to be given back to Floydien, yes yes yes?"

"Most assuredly," Pilate said with a smile. "And then, once all seven of us are together—"

"Seven?" Ebon asked.

"Simon."

"Oh, right."

"Ahem... once the seven of us are together, we shall find a way out of here, and then we can go after my beloved."

Floydien teetered left and right, then ultimately bounced, "Splendid! A bevy of boomers who mustn't eat Floydien's glimmer! Yes yes? Best to be stepping away from the metal metal."

"Huh? Why?"

The air filled with a high pitched whine. "So that boomers don't eat Simon's glimmer either. Simon?"

Pilate gasped and shoved himself and Ebon to the ground. "Get down!"

With a loud blow, the doors to the cell blew off, filling the room with dust and chunks of metallic debris. The bars rang as they collapsed, and Floydied trotted majestically through.

"Hurry, boomers! There is no getting off the train that the boomers are on or else they would not be on the train, now would the boomers?"

PreviousChapters Next