• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,076 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,076

PreviousChapters Next
Boomers Gonna Boom

His forelimbs squirmed, and for a moment he felt as though he was stroking silk-soft bangs.

"Mmmm..." His lips quivered. "Beloved..." He winced. "So sorry... please... don't give up hope... don't... don't..."

He felt the mane hair, only it wasn't mane hair. A leafy head of vegetation was being levitated towards him. He heard the air crackling with magic, and his ears twitched.

"B-Belle?" Pilate's striped brow furrowed as he tried sitting up. "You... y-you got your horn back?"

"Most certainly not a stabby-stabby horse, am Floydien," spoke the hoarse voice. A pair of cloven hooves tilted the zebra's head up so that his muzzle dug into the floating leaves. "Eat, the boomer must, for he has no glimmer glimmer to give him strength. No no."

"Mmmf..." Pilate's face scrunched up. Nevertheless, hunger took over, and he took a bite or two of the substance. His exhausted mouth instantly watered. "This... this is cabbage?"

"Floydien would most certainly hope so. Cabbage does not do well to imitate things that are not cabbage, yes yes yes?"

Pilate almost plunged forward. He took a hearty bite of the scrumptious head, then a second. His mouth filled with delicious greenery, and he swallowed with utmost ease. "Mmmm... oh blessed Spark..." He took a few more bites, finally cradling what was left of the levitating head in two forelimbs. "Mmmf... sir, thank you. Really... for everything. I know we got off to a bad start—"

"What bad start could this be that striped boomer speaks of? We are both refugees of the stabby stabby boomers of the world, we are. The glimmer glimmer consumes us both, by stabby hooves and stabby machines. All is spill. Floydien hates it, but hates not friendly, wise boomer. You eat until nature itself gives you glimmer to gleam with, yes yes?"

"I... I thought..." Pilate's brow furrowed. "Where are we?" He stirred his lower legs, feeling the bed of hay and the body of the wagon beneath it. "We've stopped moving."

"Indeed. Far away from the burning Floydien and striped boomer are. All the closer to Nancy Jane. All the closer to sparks that will lead the way to most beloved maiden of sun and stars."

"Where... Is this yours?" Pilate asked, reaching a hoof out so that he felt a crooked railing of the wagon. "Are you a farmer or something?"

"Negative. Floydien built wagon out of stabby stabby horse bones."

"Gah!" Pilate flinched away from the side of the wagon.

What followed was a bursting shout, like a gunshot, repetitive in its warbling pitch. "A joke Floydien makes. Yes yes yesssss. Scare the stripes off the boomer, almost. His wisdom makes him see enough to become blind once more."

"Er... y-yes..." Pilate gulped and fumbled with what was left of the cabbage. "I've been known to be... erm... d-dense on occasion." He sighed. "Belle would always tease me about my absent-mindedness..."

"Boomer has a Nancy Jane to crawl home to. Yes yes yes. Of understanding Floydien is, and would help the truer glimmer arise to bring both boomers to their maidens."

"Yes... Yes!" Pilate sat up, his face stretched in vigor. "That's what I've been trying to convey all this time, sir!" He gulped and said, "I need to find my beloved. But..." He winced. "I... I can't do it blind. You've done so much to help me, but..." He sighed and felt the barren collar around his neck. "Without the other half of O.A.S.I.S., I can't see enough to save Belle even if I was to find out where she was." With a sad tone, he added, "And it's very dangerous, sir. I can't expect you to go all the way through with it. Besides, you have this 'Nancy Jane' to fine."

"There is only one Nancy Jane. Nancy Jane knows it and waits for Floydien beyond the horns of the stabby stabbiness. Floydien hates the glimmer but needs it to save her."

"Erm... Right." Pilate took a breath. "Listen, Floyd, I have—"

"Floydien is Floydien."

"Floydien, sorry."

"Forgive the striped boomer, Floydien does."

"Floydien, I have to split ways with you sooner than later," Pilate said. "I know that sounds rude and cruel, considering all you've done for me. But... it's just that... well..."

"Boomer is scared of Floydien. Floydien sees what boomer cannot say."

"No! It's not that! It's just that... I-I don't exactly think we have... erm... the same interests."

"Same interests, perhaps, but same mouth? Is the glimmer's fault that we fault to feel with our words."

"Err..." Pilate bit the edge of his lips. "Indeed..."

"Big world is small world is big, yet simple, because of glimmer glimmmer," Floydien said. "Striped boomer cannot see and Floydien cannot lift... at least not for long..."

"You mean your magic?" Pilate leaned forward. "It's running out, isn't it?"

"Indeed. Floydien hates the glimmer, but the glimmer can love Floydien. Will help Floydien find Nancy Jane and will help striped boomer find his own only own... only. Yes yes yes."

"I beg your pardon?"

"A tower rests north of us. Doors to stabby stabby glimmer there be. Floydien would walk through doors but Floydien's antlers do not like to work."

"Wait... you... you mean a Ledomaritan compound?" Pilate grimaced. "Mr. Floydien, I just got thrown off the side of a zeppelin belonging to those heartless vagabonds. They're the ones who have my beloved captured!"

"Yes yes yesssss. All the reason for Floydien and boomer to knock on their skulls."

"I don't think you understand! I-I'm completely blind and useless without my manasphere! And you... you're... you're..." Pilate sweated. "Well, just what are you?"

"Am missing Nancy Jane. The rest is spit."

"Yes, but—"

"Spit!"

"I get it!" Pilate growled. "At least I think I do. But... w-we could get hurt! Captured! Even killed!" He swallowed hard. "I know you want to get to Nancy Jane, Mr. Floydien, but if I'm to get to my beloved Belle, I gotta do it the smart way."

"The tower is the smart way is the smart way. Their heads will smart. They will learn knowledge of stabby stabby, the knowledge they do not wish to find. They will open the door to us or else they will open the door to more of their own spit."

"Sir, it... I..." Pilate closed his eyes and exhaled long and hard. "...I don't have a say in this, do I?"

"Boomer has stripes and half-a-glimmer. Allow Floydien to have the rest. No harm will come to boomer."

With that, the wagon started moving again, following the clopping sound of four slender hooves.

"Boomer did not fall to fall again!" Floydien said, his hoarse voice almost taking a joyous pitch. "Will only fall upwards, like Nancy Jane! Floydien promises! Yes yes he does!"

With a groan, Pilate curled up once more atop the wagon. "Sometimes I wonder why I didn't go deaf instead..."

"Would it bring glimmer to the boomer for Floydien to sing?"

"No."

PreviousChapters Next