• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,071 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,071

PreviousChapters Next
Secret Black Pegasus

The doors to the infirmary echoed with a resounding thud.

Rainbow Dash gasped and spun around.

"Hey! Puny servant!" A mare's voice roared from the other side of the entrance. "Why's this door closed, runt?!"

"We're in need of new leg joints here and we haven't got time to waste!" shouted another.

"Ah jeez..." Rainbow Dash hissed through clenched teeth. "They sound mad."

"When are they not?" Imre muttered. Clearing her throat, she turned from her hard work and spoke loudly to the walls of the place. "I am sterilizing my utensils! I didn't want any of you armor-rattling vessels of filth stampeding in here and ruining my work!"

"Let us in this minute or we'll ruin your face!" the voice shouted. "We demand parts fixed!"

"Whelp, that was fun while it lasted." Imre slapped the helmet together and thrust it into Rainbow Dash's hooves. "Put this on." She trotted over to a metal grated panel and began prying it open with telekinesis. "There's a somewhat secret passageway here that will take you out into a hallway that runs parallel to the main chamber."

"Wait wait wait!" Rainbow frowned, waving her forelimbs as the entrance door pounded and pounded from the other side. "I can't leave you alone with those jerkfaces! They might beat you to a pulp!"

"No, I'm too valuable to them," Imre calmly droned. "They've relied on me for the past few years to lick their wounds clean. The last thing a warrior is ever going to admit to is weakness. That's why I'm still around." She finally yanked the grate open and motioned towards the thin crawlspace beyond. "You, on the other hoof..." Imre glared. "...would only be a challenge to them, with—measuring your most basic armor and their advanced weapons—will likely end with you becoming the new seatcushion for their manaship cockpits."

Rainbow Dash blinked. She raised the helmet over her mane. "Yeah, I think I'm going now."

"Don't worry about me," Imre said. "I know how to look out for myself. I've survived stuff worse than Xonans and Searonese combined."

"Mmmmf—Wh-What could be worse than those two?!" Rainbow's voice echoed through the helmet.

Imre sighed long and hard, her brown eyes cold and distant. "You don't want to know."

"Gah!" Rainbow Dash suddenly floundered in her armor, tossing her head back and forth. "What the crap are these things st-sticking into my muzzle?"

Imre had to speak over the loud pounding of the door. "I had to fashion basic training armor for you. It's the same kind of stuff a young Searonese filly uses before she can harness the power of her manacore. There are five levers positioned in front of your mouth. They control the rocket thrusters built into your suit."

"The rocket-what now?!"

"The ones on the left control horizontal pitch. The ones in the middle control vertical. The centermost lever is thrust—"

"Now hold on a dang second!" Rainbow's voice cracked as her helmet rattled around. "This is waaaaaaaay too much info. Centermost... does... thrust—"

Her head tilted forward, and almost instantly her suit opened up four panels burning with hot orange flame. She was propelled forward into the claustrophobic chamber with a warbling shriek.

"Yaaaaa-aaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaahh!"

Imre gazed lethargically after her, wincing only from the sound of an epic thud as it rang throughout the entire infirmary's foundation. "Ehhh... she'll be fine." That said, she calmly shut the metal grate, swiveled around, and trotted towards the entrance to let the two patients in.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was scrambling to yank her skull out of the deep dent her helmet had made with the back end of the passageway's wall. She collapsed on her side, wincing from her freshly mended, still-bandaged wing beneath all the armor.

"Unnngh... I think I felt b-better in one of Rarity's stupid frilly corsets." She stood up straight, shook the cobwebs out, and paused for a few seconds. "The hay am I saying?"

With an echoing groan, she clanged-clanged-clanged forward in her dark black armor, navigating the winding, dimly-lit shaft. Every now and then, she'd stumble through a stretch of passageway lit intermittently by revolving fan from beyond a vent. The stone and metal bowels of Searo's Hold rumbled all around her as she pressed on.

"Cave is still a cave," Rainbow Dash muttered. "I don't care how many moving parts it has—" A stretch of metal paneling fell out from underneath her. "—oh Luna poop!"

Rainbow Dash collapsed into a concrete chamber framed by jagged arches. When she landed, it was with a thunderous crash, followed by several lengths of metal filament.

"Nnngh..." She stumbled to her hooves, wincing all over. She had to raise her forelimbs up and twist her helmet to the side so that she could see straight through the glossy visor. "The heck am I supposed to go?!" She looked down the far end of the hallway. "There's gotta be a way to get out of here and get back to finding Belle and Pilate. I guess I could fly in this darn thing, but for how long?"

She heard a shuffle of hooves behind her.

Rainbow Dash gasped. Without hesitation, she spun and flung a metal hoof. "Nnnngh!" Her limb slammed across an unarmored face. "Haaugh! Blood for Searo—" She froze in place, blinking beneath her helmet. "—oh?"

"Mmmmf..." A stallion winced, lying sideways on the floor, still reeling from her blow. He wasn't just any normal male pony, but one with polished, shiny, almost reflective skin. In fact, it didn't even look like skin.

"What... the...?" Rainbow murmured.

"Hey!"

Rainbow's gaze followed a lease around the crystalline equine's neck and towards a quartermaster. The tall mare opened the panels of her helmet to glare down at Rainbow. "What's the big idea, runt?! You'll damage Searo's resources!"

"Re... sources?" Rainbow Dash muttered. She could only stumble back as the mare dragged the breathless stallion to his hooves and escorted him even further down the corridor. Rainbow felt her heart beat increasing, and she grinded her hooves against the floor. "That's it. I've seen enough. I wonder how these mares would like a leash shoved down their throats...?" She made to gallop after the slave-keeper, when a metal hoof held her in place. She spun around. "Huh?"

Three mares towered over her, their helmets reflecting her petite body in their presence.

"Are you Roarke the Most Rare's half-blade?!"

"I dunno, am I?" Rainbow Dash received a mighty punch across the helmet. She smacked into a wall, groaned, and rubbed her skull through the metal. "For Celestia's sake! Learn a new tune already!"

"Are you or are you not Roarke's apprentice?!" The mares growled once more.

"Yeah? What about it?!"

"You are to come with us..."

"Huh? What for?"

"Let's just say your skills and honor are about to be put to the test, runt."

"Oh really?" Rainbow Dash braced her hooves against the floor. "What if I've got things to do, huh?!"

The centermost metal mare loomed ominously. "It would be wise not to cross us..."

"You and whose army?!"

Six sets of crimson-red miniature rockets graced the air, along with three tasers, two mana cannons, a tail-whip, and a chain-saw.

"...yeah, that's a pretty nifty army." Rainbow Dash gulped and raised her hooves. She was yanked off towards the opposite end of the corridor, emitting a sound that may or may not have sounded like a yellow pegasus with butterflies on her flank.

PreviousChapters Next