• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,079 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,079

PreviousChapters Next
Written While Asleep

"What's he doing now, Ebony?"

"Uhh... I think he's doing... uhm... some sort of scan with that floaty ball of his."

"You mean he's looking through the walls and stuff?"

"I guess so, Props."

"Hey. Ebony."

"What?"

"Do you think he could see through us?"

"I... uhm... I-I wouldn't know..."

"Would he know what I had for breakfast this morning?"

"Why would you second-guess what you had for breakfast this morning? For goodness' sake, I made it for you!"

"I know! That's why I want him to take a look at it!"

"Unngh... Props..."

"Heeheeheee..."

"Silence, you two. Can't you see he's trying to ascertain who's visiting the building?" A series of hoofsteps came closer then stopped right behind Pilate. "Though, I don't suppose you intend to leave us in the dark. Erm... that... what I mean was... oh dear..."

"Yeah, way to go, Clark."

"Shhh! He's concentrating!"

"You be quiet! You're the one next to him!"

Pilate's forehead tensed as he clenched his eyes tighter, as if allowing him to "see" through the fields of O.A.S.I.S. better. With the aid of Simon's energy beacon, he felt through the floors, the walls, and the connecting bridge between buildings. He then felt several waves of reverberation. The air around the buildings was echoing with noise and sound particles. Judging from the turbulence, manacraft had to have been levitating nearby.

Instead, Pilate ignored them, sensing along the fringes of the field being bent by Simon. At last, he felt a shuffle of hooves belonging to a tall, gaut figure. The equine shuffled about, and a metal hoof scraped against tile floor. One eye flickered left and right within its socket.

Bellesmith's voice screamed in his ear. He was falling and falling, the wind kicking at his helpless body.

"Nnnngh!" Pilate fell back on his haunches, surprised to make contact with a plain stretch of harmless floor. "Blessed Sp-Spark!" he stammered, his blind eyes flickering wide. "Not him!"

Clark's hooves lifted him gently up. "What is it, fellow? Who are you so frightened by?"

"What I said earlier about leaving to find a way out of here?" Pilate limply swiveled towards the group. "Forget it."

"Forget it?!" Ebon Mane's voice remarked.

Pilate's jaws tensed. "I need to get you out of here now. Everypony needs to leave this very room!"

"Er... I appreciate your enthusiasm, good sir," Clark remarked. "But leaving—and most especially being caught in the act of leaving—is a sure-fire way for us to get executed. I think we're safest in here, so long as we hide any trace of your having—"

"You don't understand!" Pilate hissed. "You are no longer in the hooves of Nightshade now! This party that's arrived—I have sensed the body of one of them before! I could recognize him anywhere!"

"And with the help of your... erm... augmented rodent companion—"

"Look, I know it is him, alright?!" Pilate frowned. "And when he finds us, and he finds out how much we all know about the runes, he will torture us until we are no longer of any use to him! Or else he'll outright kill us!"

"Just what's the big deal with these runes anyway?" Ebon Mane remarked. "Why couldn't we have been building a super secret salad recipe instead?!"

"If this kindly, intelligent, striped savior of ours believes we're in immediate danger, I'm inclined to agree with him."

"Thank you, Mr. Clark," Pilate said. "But now we need to get out of here, find my companion Floydien, and then—"

"Woah woah woah woah woah..." Ebon clopped closer, his face leering through the blindness at Pilate. "We gotta find who?!"

"I made a promise to him that I would help him find his beloved."

"Mr. Pilate, that is very noble of you, but certainly we have enough problems of our own—"

"He is the sole reason why I am here and giving you an opportunity to escape!" Pilate nearly shouted. "You don't owe me! You owe him!"

"How... exactly?"

Pilate's ears drooped as he droned, "He gave me the squirrel."

"Ah. I see." Pilate could practically hear the blinking of Jasper Clark's eyes. "Very well then. Props? You're on squirrel duty. How is the little chap?"

"Uhhhh..." The mare's voice wavered from where her body was squatting. "Is it a bad thing when he's lying on his back and his legs are in the air?"

"Simon!" Pilate gasped, galloping over towards the spot in the room. "How is he?! What happened?"

"Whoah there, stripey-wipey!" Props' hoof held him back. "Careful or you'll trample the poor guy! I think that last bit of telekinetiwhatsithooey put a strain on him! He's okay! He just pooped his nuts out is all!"

"Well, we need to wake him!" Ebon exclaimed. "And fast! 'Cuz something tells me he's our only lift out of here!"

"Unless I can utilize the O.A.S.I.S. sphere in getting us out of here faster..." Pilate remarked.

"And how, good fellow, do you intend to do that?"

Pilate sat back on his haunches, rubbing his chin in thought. Suddenly, he brightened, and he tossed his voice towards the waiting three. "Tell me, how often do the ponies who run this place wash the windows."

He received a collective "Huh?!" from all in attendance.

PreviousChapters Next