• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,052 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,052

PreviousChapters Next
Better Believe It

"No friggin' way," Enforcer Evans stammered.

Shell turned, squinting at him with one good eye. "I beg your pardon, soldier?"

"Ahem..." Evans pointed down from the bridge between the two Nightshade towers in the industrial district. "I-I mean, no friggin' way, sir."

The Prime Enforcer hobbled up to the edge of the bridge. Leaning his weight on his metal cast, he peered over. So did several other soldiers and enforcers who were accompanying them in their search.

Muttering voices of shock filled the air, for a literal chunk of steel was floating down towards the smog-filled alleyways of Blue Nova's industrial district below. The object arced around the body of the northernmost of the two Nightshade Towers, hailing from somewhere on the fifteenth floor. The light was growing hazy from the setting sun, but even from such a long distance, the enforcers could at least make out a trio of quadrupeds positioned atop the floating platform, magically "surfing" it to the pavement paths below.

At that moment, a group of armored stallions trotted in from the norther building with Overseer Fatch in their midst. "Prime Enforcer Shell, sir, there's been manabursts reported on the fifteenth floor. We sent a team to investigate the blackout and—"

"Silence!" Shell growled, leaning heavily over the railing, almost to the point of teetering over. His eye squinted.

Before the platform disappeared, he made out the colors of the three bodies. One was large with brown fur. Another was petite with a burgundy coat. The third...

"Stripes..." Shell exhaled. His muscles tightened as he galloped towards the southern building. "Evans! Call in the managliders! Target is located forty-five degrees, north by northwest! Ground level!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Order all of our backup forces to the streets of the industrial district! Dr. Bellesmith's spouse has been spotted!"

Evans started shouting commands into a shoulder-mounted sound stone as he and several other stallions galloped briskly after Shell.

In the meantime, Fatch stood between Ledomaritan guards, his ears drooped and his limbs trembling.

PreviousChapters Next