• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,079 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,079

PreviousChapters Next
Like Pony Spirit

"Sir! Subjects spotted!" shouted the helmeted wingpony to Shell's left.

Shell accelerated his glider, diving towards the fresh hole blasted open in the middle of the street. As he descended upon the site, a brown figure could be seen leaping down.

"They're headed underground..."

"Sir, if they gain access to Blue Nova's old sewer system—"

"Fire a gas grenade!" Shell shouted.

The managlider to his right obeyed, and a screaming missile flew ahead of them on a burst of mana. It flew straight towards the hole, its thrusters preparing to guide the weapon down.

Just then, the air above the wrecked street tingled with magical energy. A beam of light shot up from below, and chunks of rock exploded through the surface of the street, covering up the ragged passageway like an old wound.

Shell's good eye twitched.

The missile struck pure asphalt, exploding in a gaseous plume of dark green smoke.

"Evasive maneuvers!" Shell shouted, already pulling up on his controls. Him and the managlider to his left successfully flew over the cloud. The wingponies to his right were less lucky. In the middle of veering, their craft scraped a pair of roadsigns, and they plunged into a rattling stop atop the pavement, spitting sparks and fragments of burning metal across the sidewalk.

Up above, an entire backup squadron of Ledomaritan hovercraft screeched to a halt. Shell pulled his vehicle up into a hover and gazed down at the scene. In one swift movement, he pulled out a gas mask and unbuckled his harness. Diving, the stallion fell five full stories, landing in a cushioning blast of telekinesis. The gas parted around him as he caught his bearings, and galloped straight into the thick of the cloud. He went straight past the mess in the street and rushed to the collapsed managliders. Two enforcers were sprawled over the sidewalk, wheezing and coughing violently. With a tug of mana, Shell swiftly levitated the pair and pulled them back out of the hazy mess.

By the time he emerged, a trio of larger escort ships were hovering down, using their thrusters to blow away the effects of the gas grenade. A pair of soldiers descended down on ropes and quickly tended to the oxygen-starved wingponies.

This left Shell standing, peeling off his gas mask as he flung a hardened glare to the hole that had been blocked off just seconds before they could arrive.

Another soldier trotted up, panting for breath. "Sir! No sign of any of the suspects in the adjacent streets! They must have all descended into the old city's sewers!"

Shell took a deep breath and said, "Yes, they most certainly have."

"What are our instructions now, sir?"

"Now..." Shell flung his gas mask down and spun to face his fellow soldiers. "We dig. Send a message to Prime Enforcer Evans! We need to confiscate the nearest factory's supply of mana drills! Immediately!"

PreviousChapters Next