• Published 12th Dec 2016
  • 8,426 Views, 2,374 Comments

How to Disappear Completely - shortskirtsandexplosions



Flash Sentry's world sucks. Maybe it's high time he left it.

  • ...
88
 2,374
 8,426

PreviousChapters Next
Moment

"The moment she approached my car, I knew that something was wrong. You don't confront complete and utter strangers unless it's a matter of life or death... or a perceived matter. Then again... complete and utter strangers usually don't stop to listen to others. Maybe... just maybe it was something primordial within me... something ancient and innocent that's been skewed by the necessary heartlessness of progress.

"She was older than me... but barely. Tall. Young. Blonde. Still beautiful... but even in the brief blinks that I had of the woman I could see how some life... some truly awful life was starting to drain it all away from her... as it eventually drains from all of us... as I suspect it will someday drain most savagely from me. Someday, we will all have a reckoning. The measure of our honor is in how we deal with the reckoning of others before the time that we reach our own end.

"I don't know if she got as succinct a picture of me as I did of her. I don't know if it even mattered. When she spoke, it was in the simplest of elementary tones... like a babysitter talking to a child... someone pleading with another person of like-skin-color and seeking family... familiarity... answers.

"And I...

"I..."

PreviousChapters Next