Project ACES 167 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 319 )
  • Viewing 301 - 350 of 319
Setton
Group Admin

589044>>586981

Equestria... Location Unknown.

Deep inside a sprawling military complex in the Countryside, a few levels under the lone Prairie in the deep, cold ground. Was a dungeon, with rooms on either side of the long, aged and stoned walled corridor. The smell of death hung in the stale air, diseased rats ran freely. Eating the remains of the long dead occupants that were once living, a few short days ago. They lived, felt dawn and saw sunset glow. Loved and were loved people and ponies, now lay dead, in the dark cold cells. The filthy, barren, rusty iron cells, holding their decaying bodies prisoner.

Yet, in this place of death. Below the cold, cold ground. In a cell at the end of this dreadful stone hell, laid a white pony. Her coat smeared in her own blood and filth. Her wings both broken for a great deal of time now. Her large emaciated skinny frame covered in cuts, slashes, gashes, burns, stabs and incisions. Her once lustrous mane, now limp and devoid of life.

Despite the nightmare she endured each day, the amount of pressure, stress and pain placed upon her mind. She held strong, knowing this hell will end. Her friend, went through far worse during his time in this stony hell. And if he could survive, escape and fight back against them. So could she, because if she can just survive. It'll be the greatest way of fighting them other than killing each, and every one of them as viciously as possible..

She laid against the back wall, beside a small and rusted ventilation duct. Even though the rats commonly use it as a means to enter and exit her cold, filthy, stone prison. The faint sounds of the radio could be observed on most days, and the sounds of the radio news, music could be heard. However so faint, raised her spirits, and passed the time between her 'sessions' with her captors.

Today however, the usual broadcast was replaced by a voice she recalled instantly, she knew the man speaking. His words, his anger could be felt in his voice towards their common enemy. His words were to inspire his men, his allies and their countrymen. But what made her smile, and brought tears of joy to her eyes. Was a single sentence, a few words most could see as the inspiring phrase to encourage great patriotism and sacrifice, great strength and courage against the enemy. But that sentence...

For we are the Patriots of Freedom, and the Sons of Liberty...

Who are the Patriots...

He was testing her, checking to see if it was really her calling for his help those days ago. If it was real and not a figment of his imagination.. Those two simple phrases, were code only known between them. Only he, and her knew the correct response to those words. And if used the codes response, he'd know it was really her, and not the evil, corrupt and cruel doppelganger. Waging war using her identity.

She summoned the last of her strength, and sent the response he wanted and needed to hear, so he could free her from this living hell. And help end this needless conflict, and stop the bloodshed and violence...

Tyler....La-li-lu-le-lo..R-repeat....La-li-lu-le-lo...

Comment posted by NocturnalEagle deleted Jan 4th, 2013
NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

589679>>589044

Orion winced. Dammit... I was hoping to have him survive this war...

"Okay, fine. You win. You can come along." Orion sighed. She strapped on her CQC weaponry, being dual Assassin blades, a single High-Frequency Blade, and several Rope darts, all which slotted neatly into recesses in her skintight suit.

We either go into a very suggestive position, or go in face-to-face, millimeters apart... Orion shuddered.

Orion picked up a Patriot assault rifle from the extensive armory availible to her, as well as a Stealth Camo. Sauntering from the gun cupboard, she beckoned to the waiting Archangel.

"Armor up. We've got only one chance." She said, while taking his place on the wall. She waited a bit, and watched Lynch walk out with a duffel bag.

"Let's get going, pretty boy." Orion teased before leading the way to the Launch Bay.

The gleaming sunlight streamed into the Launch Bay, and illuminated the mode of transport. A single, missile-like Jet sat proudly on the deck.

Orion stowed the last of her cartridges in the self-ejecting Weapons cache. She closed the hatch, and locked it.

Archangel was standing at the lip of the runway, looking out at the battle down below, smoking one of his cigarettes.

"Let's get going. She ain't gonna be there forever." Orion shouted.

Skybolt waited. Earthmover squad waited.

The first Gear Ray run around the corner.

"FIRE ALL!" The three tanks recoiled and the high energy load turned the Ray into scrap metal.

Skybolt cheered, before giving his next move.

"Earthmover. Into the building!" The three tanks pivoted and rammed straight into the next building, which was cleared before hand just for this moment. The walls crumbled and allowed the tanks to sit inside the building as the next Ray's ran past.

It ain't much... But it's a morale booster. Earthmover proved to the rest that Ray's were not indestructible.

(Of course! La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo! How did I forget?)

Setton
Group Admin

590146>>589044

"Let's get going. She ain't gonna be there forever."

I turned to Orion and nodded, taking one last drag on the cig, before flicking it overboard, and chewing a piece of minty gum to rid of the taste. The battle before us raged as the sun sat high in the sky, hours since my first attack initiated the Allied invasion of Gracemeria. Fighters launched off the flight decks as fast as they could be re-armed and re-fueled. The guns of the warships roared like thunder, on their decks were guns as big as stairs, and shells as big as tree's.

I began walking towards the craft that would carry us, Orion had packed our gear already, the stop by the armoury allowed me to grab a few extra tools I disassembled to save space. One of them.. I picked just because my suit allowed me to shoulder such a beast like a standard rifle. The .50 BMG M82A2 with a 3.4x sight, Orion didn't understand my reason of bringing it, although she was fine with me taking a deal of plastic explosive. I'd be more questioning about the plastic explosive, not a high-caliber cannon.. Too late now, time for a very.. interesting trip.

I sighed as I looked at the cockpit, the less I think about, the less it'll horribly awkward. I climbed into the cockpit, positioning myself like I was flying except facing upwards.

"CBES.. Combat Fit Two." I mumbled, the suit tightened against my body, applying pressure to my vitals, joints and organs. Increasing bodily preformance at the cost of comfort, but also shrinking my frame slightly and even more conforming. Please be enough.. I watched Orion climb up, her 'Space Suit' looked like a G-suit we'd wear on sorties, except a tad more bulkier.

".. You ready for this?" She asked, the great displeasure of this obvious in her voice.

I just gave her a expressionless stare, "..Let's just get this over with.." She sighed, climbing in and began to lay down onto me. her rear legs laying atop my own, she laid her chest on mine and eased herself down. Her nose touching mine as we laid there, I could feel a slight blush working its way onto my cheeks, as well as hers. She tested her reached and maneuverability to use the switches, controls and throttle. She sighed in relief, her breath smelled sweet, like strawberry... PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND FOCUS!

"..Thank Luna this...Works..." She mumbled, shuddering, and I felt it. As well as her heartbeat just inches from mine. She began to run through the start-up checklist, and flipping the panel switches. I couldn't really move my head, or look away. Forcing me to stare into her lilac eyes as they darted around.

The cockpit began to buzz as power flowed through it, the top part of the pilots cradle coming down and rested on her back. Ok, this isn't so... Before I could finish the thought, the cradle snapped down. Pressing us together tightly, and forcing our faces together. Into a abrupt, unintentional.. Kiss. (if you could call it that) My eyes shot open as I blushed heavily, as did she as we stuggled to pull and lift apart, but the cradle wouldn't allow us. Keeping us stuck in this way it seems until we reach the Arsenal Gear. ...Thanks Murphy. I can literally TASTE the supreme awkwardness of this situation. Christ...

She looked into my eyes as I did hers, I closed my left eye and used my right to communicate a simple message in impromptu Morse code. The taste, smell and feeling of this.. Situation was very distracting, but we had a mission to-do. And we can discuss this later... When we can talk and not makeout unintentionally while doing so. If Amber, Cole and Riley saw us now...

I finished blinking out the impromtu Morse Code message,

"Orion. Fly. Now."

As I did, a sharp pain flashed in the back of my head, as a faint, familiar sentence reached my ears.. One that made me smile internally with great happiness. Tia, I'm coming to get you.. I promise you this, I will find you, and I Will bring you home.

:rainbowlaugh: (I didn't know which way to do this, so I flipped a loonie.)

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion felt her face heat up as she shared a kiss with her comrade-in-arms. She wasn't unfamiliar with kisses, but this was the first one she's ever shared with a human.

Hm... Tastes like mint... Her thoughts wandered as she mashed the ignition button. The engine ignited with a roar.

Setton
Group Admin

596448>>589940

I heard the noise increase as the engine ignited, the shrill whine became a deafening roar as the fuel ignited and began to rocket us towards the Arsenal Gear. The G-load increased upon my frame substantially as our speed soared though the sky. Her eyes were focused forward on the gauges, but she looked distracted, wandering in her thoughts. Oh, I wonder what's distracting her?.. Oh wait, it's Me. At least I had a damn mint..

The slight vibrations and shaking from the airframe, reverberated through my body. But a powerful nagging feeling grew deep within me.. One I haven't had in a long time during a mission, since the day I got my wings-clipped.

Fear...

Why, I don't know. The feeling, grew as we neared the monstrosity of my imagination. My internals began twisting within me, my emotions although somewhat controlled by the suit, thrashed about within. I could feel my heart beating faster, my suit started flushing me with chemicals and drugs. Calming me, and lowering my heartrate. I'll be fine, chill-out. Maker I haven't been this jumpy n' shit for years, but why now?.. After years of fighting, carnage and death. After all I've been through, why do I feel scared now?

A tapping against my leg brought me back, I snapped my eyes open to a questionable look from Orion. She began tapping my leg in impromptu Morse code, like I had done except with my eyes.

"You. Ok?"

I rolled my eyes, and sent her a response with her method.

"Fine." She gave me a deep stern glare with those lilac eyes of hers, Oh yeah, she knows sumthin's up.. Goddamn mare's intuition. She began to tap out another message when the proximity alarm went off, and multiple warnings appeared on the HUD. Are we there O' Captain, My Captain? Her hoofs began dancing across the panels, I felt our speed decrease as she spoke... Or at least tried..

"Wrrepar phor faunch." She struggled to say, I felt her tongue strike against my lip as she did so. Her body began to brace and tense up greatly. And I did the same. The sounds of hissing and loud pops gave me the indication that our disembarkment was coming. I closed my eyes, and waited..

*BANG*

...Snapping my eyes open, I found myself gliding through the skies. The Air and Sea around me was filled with conflict, the guns of warships thundering loudly as we approached the massive shells flew by towards our target and the city. Aircraft streaked and roared across the skies, missiles dancing about and detonating in the sky like fireworks. I glanced towards Orion and our equipment. And noticed something that made me cold...

Out of EVERYTHING I forget in life... EVERYTHING! I FORGET TO STRAP ON A CHUTE?! NO WONDER WE FIT IN THAT POSITION... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I spread my arms and legs to control my decent, the air screamed past my ears as I faintly overheard Orion yelling at me through the earpiece. Yeah, kinda late to chew me out now! In vain I slowed myself, the top deck of the Arsenal Gear approaching fast. I flipped myself over, facing Orion as she glided farther and farther back as she floated towards the ship with her parchute.

"WELL FUCK ME SIDEWAYS MURPHY! YOU STRIKE AGAIN!" I shouted to no-one in peculiar as I braced for a hard impact against the re-enforced deck of the Gear. The suit locking my muscles and limbs in place for impact.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion turned back once, to check if everything had gone well. The used jet spiraled away, pilot-less, before becoming a stain on the side of the Submersible. The weapons pod, thankfully, had detached successfully, trailing behind on its course.

And of course, Archangel forgets something. "Oh for crying out loud!"

Orion pulled the tab twice, and the main parachute ejected. She was travelling at nearly MACH 3. At that speed, more than bones would break.

But she had a deep rooted "Friend Preservation" idea. As the speeds increased yet again, Orion accelerated towards the falling figure, unstrapping her parachute bag. She caught up to Archangel, and caught a glimpse of his terrified eyes.

"Hold on." She swung the bag over the paralyzed figure, and pulled the emergency tab. Immediately, the secondary, smaller parachute deployed, and Archangel was yanked away. Orion then focused on herself.

"Computer, log speed and altitude. Give me best approach." The helmet flashed and overlaid calculations onto her visor. Then it flashed once and began to display a proper route. All she had to do was follow it.

She eyed the speed indicator. MACH 2.3 and dropping. The trail led her through the 'buildings' on the Sub. All in an effort to slow down perfectly and without injuries.

MACH 1.5 and still too fast. The colors began to blend in front of her as the AA weaponry lit up the skies. One shell blew up pretty damn close to her, and she felt the outer armor shudder.

And then a RAY was in her way.

Damn. The speeding mare pancaked against the offending figure, and knocked it off balance. But it served its purpose. She was at a stand-still. Orion picked herself out of the tangle of fallen robot and stood on the deck of the Arsenal Gear. The waves slowly lapped at her hooves.

The tangle of machinery began to move. "Sonofa..." Orion drew her only weaponary, the CQC blades, and her High-Frequency Blade.

The battle began in earnest. Hopefully, Archangel is doing better than me. He did land on the complete opposite side of the boat, and the weapons cache would have followed the parachute... Orion thought as she dodged under the sweeping limbs of the RAY and landed a deep strike.

Setton
Group Admin

599087>>589940

Internally, I was beating myself. Dammit, what fucking stupid mistake! The hell is wrong with me?! I ripped the parachute's harness free and let it blow away with the wind. The equipment pod landing a few feet away, At least our gear made it nicely.. OH COME ON! I jogged over, opening the pod and checked the bag inside. And noted a distinct lack of a M82... likely sheared free of the straps during deployment.. What a fuckin' shame, I liked that rifle. I unpacked my C7A2, and assembled it in haste. keeping a watchful eye on Orion as I did so, the RAY trying to blast her with the mounted guns and it's water jet.

I took a knee, bracing the rifle against me tightly as I raised the sights upon them. The 3.4x tactical sight wasn't meant for long range shooting. But that's where the suit played a deadly critical card, and my second talent played in.. I closed my eyes, and felt the suit prick me. And the feeling of an icy cold finger traced up my torso, then my neck to behind my eyes.. The Nano's burning within Me, keeping the chemical balance within acceptable limits as I allowed the dangerous drug to be injected..

I opened my eyes slowly, the world around me now in sharp, clear focus. Orion's movements, I could see the faint lines of her muscles moving beneath her fur-tight suit. Her lilac eyes in deep focus as she danced like a ballerina around the Metal Gear RAY. Striking at weak-points and unarmored parts with her high-frequency blade, cutting deep into the mechanical nightmare.

I eased my left eye closed, and concentrated on a single place on the head of the unmanned beast. The AI core, slightly exposed on the head of the RAY's. But not by much, usually unseen and unknown about by it's foes. The slightly exposed core wasn't a major issue during it's design.. Until now. One giant anchor, coming up.

*BANG*
*BANG*

Two quick trigger pulls sent two 5.56mm balls of copper-coated lead rocketing towards the mechanical creature, and striking home. Missing Orion's muzzle by mere inches as she danced past, her swift, deadly blade following the path of my bullets and stabbed deeply into the heart of the RAY's AI core. The RAY let out one last screech, as Orion jumped free. And the RAY falling backwards into the cold, frigid Gracemerian Bay. She looked to me, as I rose slowly lowering the rifle. Christ, now I'll need de-toxification when we get back... I slung the bag over my shoulder as I flipped on my earpiece.

"Orion, ventilation access here. And your welcome by-the-way sweetheart." I deadpanned, walking over to the covered hatch, and lifting it as the water sloshed higher. Touching my foot with its cold fingers. I propped the hatch cover open on my left knee, it's closing mechanisim whirring as it tried to seal shut against the water.

I could see Orion galloping towards me from the stern, she had a look of annoyance on her face. But that quickly changed to shock as she stopped, and slowly approached me with caution.

"...Lynch? What happened?" Her eyes studying something, but what I didn't know. I didn't suffer any injuries.. Nor was I hurt or attacked... What has her so.. Spooked?

"What'cha mean sweetheart? I feel fine, so could ya kindly share?" Orion kept her cautious stance, rolling her eyes at my playful comment.

"Just a sec, let's enter first before we drown." Grabbing the bag and pushing it into the duct hatch. She entered, as did I right after her. The sounds of more RAY's be deployed echoed in the duct with us as the ventilation cover whirred shut, sealing its heavy metal cover tightly into place. She silently rolled on landing, while I slid down the duct using the walls on my sides as braces and using my hands as brakes. I eased myself down as she finished retrieving her kit from the bag. She truned and faced me quickly, flashing her penlight into my eyes, and pressing me hard against the duct wall.

"The fuck-" I blurted in a rough whisper, but a hoof to the mouth silenced me.

"So I wasn't seeing things... You're eyes, they're white. Like Celestia's coat or freshly fallen snow.." She explained quietly, cutting the light and removing her hoof. I had a brow raised, Shit, a side-effect of the drugs maybe? Or the Nano's.. But white eyes? They couldn't change a bodily feature like that.. Could they? She continued to eye me as I holstered the rifle to my back, and pulled my suppressed .45 and Gerber out and ready.

"So you're sayin' my brown eyes are white now? Great.. I truly belong in a freakshow now." I grumbled, turning away to find my thermal/NV goggle.

"No, you're eyes are white, as in SOLID white." She clarified in a hushed whisper. I froze, inching my head slowly around to face her. No.. Please tell me she's just getting back at me for the 'sweetheart' crap. I thought hopefuly, but those were crushed when she pulled a small pocket mirror out, and handed it to me. And one, long look into the mirror confirmed her words..

Solid white, no colours or pupils. no viens or signs of stress. Just white..

"Fuckin' Christ.. We'll check it when we get home, right now, we have a date." I stated, trying to keep a positive outlook. While fighting down the fear of something worse going wrong, and the feelings of a bad omen pending deep within.. But also wondering on the cause of the sudden eye(s) defect...

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion was rattled. And being rattled before a mission officially started is a bad sign.

But she had her silenced Patriot in a left holster, and the High-Frequency blade in her right. There was one last piece of the puzzle, though.

Orion reached into her pack and pulled out a briefcase. "Um... Arch? This may sound a bit weird, but I need your help."

"What is it?" Orion opened the case and began to take out pieces of machinery.

"These are servos. I need you, weird as it seems, to attach them to my joints. Ignore my screams of pain, please?"

Archangel... well... Arched his eyebrows.

"These directly help to move me faster, fight better, without direct augmentation. But they must be attached, rather brutally and directly, to my bones. I promise I won't scream too loudly. I've done this before. It's simple, really. Look for the holes in my suit, and insert the pieces."

Archangel nodded slowly, taking the pieces. Orion lay her appendages out.

Too late for any doubts... Just get it over with. She inserted a rope dart into her mouth for her to bite into.

Celestia detected the intruders.

Hm... Better deal with them. She tasked an entire group of FROGS to take them out.

Setton
Group Admin

601692>>589940

I holstered my suppressed Operator, and sheathed my Fighting Knife. And positioned myself beside her inside the cramped duct. The small case of Servo-Enhancer's beside me, Dammit Orion, the things I do for you... I sighed, pulling a Servo from the case and twirling it in my right hand as Orion braced herself. The Rope-Dart in her maw already being bit down upon as she waited on me to begin inserting the Servo's.

I placed my free hand onto her right foreleg and held it tightly, to prevent her from jerking away or blindly striking me when I inserted it. I gave my neck a swift crack, and inserted the Servo quickly and smoothly. but despite the swiftness, and smoothness of this first Servo. What left her mouth made me hurt deeply within. Muffled by the Rope-Dart in her maw, that bloodcurdling scream still sent chills down my spine. She hardly resisted against it, meaning she's done this enough times before to know how to physically stop jerking and lashing out...

She spat the Rope-Dart out, panting slightly. "Dammit... Sor-" She began to start, but I wouldn't hear it.

"Don't, you don't need to apologize. Besides, they likely already know were here anyways.. I would be surprised if they weren't." I whispered, retrieving another Servo. She shook her head.

"Still, the stealthier we are, the better chance of reaching the Command Center without fighting through hordes of Cerberus and Solar troops." I maneuvered myself carefully over Orion to her other side to hold down her left foreleg. She tensed at this, knowing I was about to insert another. She reached out for the Rop-Dart again, but I acted faster. When she opened her maw, I placed my wrist into it and locked-In the Servo as I did so. Having her bite down strongly onto my wrist, and vastly quieting her scream. Yet it still hurts me within doing this, both ways..

She glared at me as she released my wrist. I gave it a quick flick to test it, other than a dull pain from her biting it. I was fine, yet she was displeased by my action.

"You dumbass, I could've crushed you're wrist!" She whispered harshly, as I retrieved another Servo.

"Yeah, emphasis on the word 'colud've' sweetheart. And besides, it works and it's quieter too. Doesn't that please you?" Orion grumbled about beating me later, but I paid no mind. I've done stupider things... I chuckled slightly at an old memory, one Amber would beat me for.

"Whats so funny?" She asked, as I grabbed another Servo.

"Just at an old memory, one that I don't know whether to regret, cherish or bury." She raised an eyebrow, I just smiled.

"All I'm gonna say is that we we're piss drunk, it was quite late, and I was with Celestia.." She looked at me for a moment, before placing all those together.

"You?.. And Celestia had a one-night STAND?!" She howled, I locked-In another as she spoke. Catching her off-guard and easing the pain slightly to her annoyance.. But the fact that I shared this, outweighed her annoyance at me.

"Yeah, thats putting one-way.. She wanted a deeper relationship, but at the time. I was still holding on to hope for Talisman, and with that blown and buried.. I may just try to re-kindle that flame once this is over." She just looked at me incredulously, like I was completely mad. Then again, maybe I am.. For an idea that will likely explode in my face, I shouldn't be so optimistic about my future.

I pulled another JES, and again moved myself to behind her. Tighly holding her right-rear leg in place as I prepared to 'ram-it-home'.

"If I'm not mistaken, you have less than a year to live.. And she's currently waging a war against us. And she also tried to turn you into a walking superweapon, via torture, surgery, drugs and training. Yet, you still hold FEELINGS towards her?" She questioned and yelped as I stuck in another, but didn't scream out as loudly as the other Servo lock-in's.

I sighed, and explained in short how she answered a code-phrase hidden within the speech I gave a while ago, and the answer proved to me anyways. That she wasn't the figure leading this war, that she had been overthrown in secrecy and an imposter had taken her place. Orion, still held her doubt's. But we'd have the answer soon enough, Orion told me that intel says Celestia MIGHT, just might be aboard. Which gives me a chance to ask the code-phrase again, and if I hear the incorrect response. I'll have my proof that the real Celestia is still alive. And that there's a larger plan and mess hidden beneath this War..

She closed the empty Servo case as I unholstered my weapons again, taking point as we made our way slowly and quietly through the cramped, dusty and cockroach infested ducts. Damn Cock-a-Roaches, fucking everywhere..

"So, how are you going to determine that this is the 'Imposter' Celestia?" Orion whispered from behind me as we crawled along.

"Simple, I ask 'For we are the Patriots of Freedom, and the Sons of Liberty'. And if she understands that, and see the question hidden within and replies with that answer. We'll know without-a-doubt whether this is the real, or fake Celestia by that." I explained, flicking a roach off my knife.

"Are you positive that this will work?"

"Of course, me and her developed it for situations like this. Only she and I know the correct response to the question.." I whispered, stopping beside a grate looking into a dark empty storage room. I gave her a signal and she moved up past me and took up position in-front of me. With a nod, she slowly opened the grate and disappeared by using her active-camo. Within a minute, she re-appeared by the door. Giving me a nod to enter the room. I entered slowly, my size requiring more finess enetering from an odd angle, but in the same amount of time she done it in. I stacked up opposite of her on the door.

"One last thing," I mouthed. "Can Luna change a human into a Pony?"

Comment posted by NocturnalEagle deleted Jan 10th, 2013
NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion paused. She could see the almost virtual plead for recognition in the man's eyes.

"Tell you what. Survive this, and I'll tell you everything." She mouthed back. She didn't give any other answer.

Archangel nodded. Orion began to slip open the door. She noticed a troop of weird looking people,about five of them, walking towards the door they were in.

"Watch closely, Arch. This is how real ponies do CQC." Orion shoved open the door and was in the midst of the people in seconds, servos propelling her to speeds she herself could never have achieved.

In the cramped passageway, she held all the cards.

Two went down as her Assassin blades were plunged deep into their hearts. Orion quickly drew her High-Frequency Blade with her mouth and decapitated another, before sweeping upwards with her Patriot and stitching yet another with DU rounds.

The last one backed off, as if it was scared. It turned to run.

"Oh no you don't." She pulled out a Rope dart and threw it. It impaled the retreating figure, and Orion jumped up, attaching the other end of the rope to a ceiling pipe and swinging down, leaving the dying trooper hanging like a macabre Piñata.

The battle barely lasted half a minute. Orion turned and gave a grand bow.

"Let's go. You need to..." A strange dripping sound emanated from behind her.

Orion turned to look, and saw the bodies beginning to melt. "What the...?" She slid out her Assassin blade and scraped a sliver of the jello-like liquid. She gave it a sniff and reached over to test it for irritability.

"No... WAIT!" Archangel bounded forward and stopped her. Only then did Orion notice that her Blades were actually corroding away.

"Wow... Close one. Thanks." She ejected the spent blade and inserted a new one. Rising, she bagan to move off again.

"Tell me more about your disposable troops."

Setton
Group Admin

608190>>589940

"You're welcome sexy, and you're looking at a vague concept that I dismissed as impossible, vile and downright wrong.. Training, technique and tactic's we never really touched on since this project was canned before we made any real headway." I began, grabbing a FN Five-SeveN handgun off one of the remains. Orion covered our six o'clock as I led us down the service passage. I raised my Operator and Gerber to combat ready as we moved.

"The FROG initiative, as it was known. Was to be a group of of highly trained and specialized soldiers, equipped with the most advanced and powerful equipment we could provide them. The training if I recall correctly involved vastly increasing their acrobatic and jumping abilities. And with a specialized uniform, allow them to hang from walls and ledges with ease. But these soldiers... These are not of my creation when I was still The Boss. We cut the program after finding that the only way we could really achieve the stats, numbers, skills and abilities required. Was to modify them genetically, and internally... Like they did to me.." I finished quietly, Orion's answer from earlier still resting lightly on my mind as we stealthed along the corridor.

A question answered with a question... Great, but what did she mean? I understand that she'll tell me after, but telling me 'everything' doesn't leave me with a good feeling. Then again, my plan is going on the assumption that Luna can transform me, and that I'll change completely. On the basis that human's and equines really have nothing in common.. To my knowledge anyway, and that maybe, just maybe. I'll be ridden of my tainted blood, FOXDIE and the fuckin' Nano's.. And I'll get to see that next sunrise too, when this is all over... But I shouldn't get my hopes up, for all I know my idea will back-fire horribly.. I contemplated as we stacked up silently against another doorway.

I peaked in, elevators huh? So were likely at the main shafts, amidships.. In the spacious room, eight FROGS stood ready and alert. Strategically placed, excellent cover and well armed... I focused on the targets in my immediate range of sight. Orion looked at me curiously as I did so, I sadly smiled in return.

"This is how you sweep a room." I swung myself out into the doorway, and grabbed a FROG standing before me. Using her a human shield, I engaged her teammates. Time seemed to crawl as I opened fire carefully, and with deathly accurate precision...

Meanwhile in the skies...

Amber weaved her fighter nimbly through the skyline of downtown Gracemeria, hoping to shake a enemy on her six o'clock. But what she tried so far wasn't working, he remained there determined to clip her wings. Like hell I'll give you the chance! Amber once again throttled up, and employed more cunning, tight and dangerous maneuvers. But again, he remained on her six o'clock high.

She had run out of quick action plans, but thought of one special trick that she was taught long ago, by someone close.. Maker pray this works.. she pulled hard against the stick, bringing the aircraft to a ninety degree angle while greatly draining speed. A Pugachev's Cobra, which caused her pursuer to break-off, avoiding a collision. As her bogey flew around to re-engage, she used this to jump on his tail. And began to chase him over the harbour.

She smiled, fondly remembering that late night training flight with Tyler. As he taught her advanced and expert aerial combat techniques...

Comment posted by NocturnalEagle deleted Jan 13th, 2013
NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion just sat and listened as the pistol roared eight times. Then she turned the corner and strode in, mindful of the liquid pools.

"Central lift. Here." They lift opened and they entered. It began to descend quickly.

Orion reached into her pocket and pulled out two things. One, a miniature Tracker system. Two, twelve C7 spray cans.

This is gonna be fun. She latched on to the emergency exit, and peeled the metal apart. The shaft was empty. Perfect.

Orion threw the Tracker and then bit the tops off the C7 foaming explosive cans. The cans spun like Catherine wheels, spraying their high-explosive contents everywhere.

"What are you doing?" Archangel asked.

"I'm bringing this sub up so we can track it." Orion closed the hatch again. The lift ground to a stop, and the doors opened.

"This is the control level. If we're to find Faux Celestia, she'll be here." Archangel said as the duo moved out of the lift. Orion leaned back in and hit the button for the top floor. The doors slammed shut, and the lift moved upwards. Orion listened closely.

The lift stopped.

She pulled the detonator.

Ten thousand meters above, a giant water spray erupted.

"Are you okay?" Orion spat and asked. The explosion was bigger than she expected. Red strobe lights revolved slowly overhead.

"I will be, once I get this iron beam off." The dust settled enough for Orion to see the mass of debris that covered Archangel.

"Okay. I'll wait." Orion turned back and looked around. She could hear something... But...

The Gekko jumped down from above and nearly crushed her. Thankfully, Orion had slid out from under the dead weight.

But not fast enough to avoid the prehensile arm. As Orion was lifted upwards, she fumbled with a Semtex grenade.

The Gekko seemed satisfied with it's catch. It let out a loud mooing sound.

Yeah, well, screw you too. The Semtex flew true and attached itself to a rocket pod on the main body, just as Orion cut the arm. She fell and rolled as the robot blew apart in a bloody spray of oil.

"Arch, I'll draw their fire. You get out of there, get to a command console and send off a message to our forces." Orion spoke quickly while backpedaling. She turned around and ran before she could hear his reply. Not too late, as it seems, as two other Gekko walked around the corner.

Orion hoofed it, Gekko followling closely behind. She skidded around a corner, sliding on her hooves on the slippery floor. Up ahead, she could see a bulkhead slowly sliding into place.

Who the hell used a meter thick steel in this construction? Orion thought as she slid under the door, hearing it thump into place. The Gekkos were routed, for now. She took a second to breath deeply.

A Dwarf Gekko landed on her back and hit her with a electrical zap. Orion cried out and bucked with all her might, turning the ball of metal into scrap.

"What... The... Hell..." Orion turned and looked up. Thousands of red lights winked back at her.

Orion was engulfed in the Dwarf Gekkos, attacking from every direction.

At least they work fast... Orion thought as she lost her grip on consiousness.

"We have a positive lock! They are headed for Dracos Island. The Final Fortress." Hawkeye gratefully accepted the paper report.

"So?" Luna's one word carried volumes.

"They're headed for Dracos Island. As of two days ago, while we were on our way to Gracemeria, several thousand Solar personel moved to the medium-sized island." Hawkeye brought up the holographic display. Thousands of little red arrows all converged on the island.

"So we attack!" The Head General of the Felisians said.

"No! We cannot risk it! We need more intel!" Luna shouted.

"Screw that, this is the time to act!" The Gracemerian General answered.

"Please, gentlemen! The Princess is correct. We need to send our intel planes in." The president of the UHF spoke out.

"Это место является крепость ... Мы должны объединить наши силы ..." The Yuktobanian president murmured. Everyone in the room agreed silently.

"Have all your seabound fleets converge on the Seaddle Grand Harbour. We strike when everyone is there. Meanwhile, we gather intel." Luna gave the general order.

No one dared to say no.

Setton
Group Admin

(Sorry for not responding to this for a bit, got backed-up by work. I should be good again soon though.)

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

(You're not the only one. I'm taking my O'levels this year. I've got a mountain of homework.)

VDNKh
Group Admin

mastur3 ch1ef who doesnt afriad of anything stopd the priences with his gunz and got all teh bitches.

The End.

Unknown to Master Chief who is still busy with his bitches, two figures are watching him from the base. The first one is a blue griffon while the second one is a humanoid creature wearing a gray flight suit.
"Well." the griffon remarked, "That de-escalated quickly."
"Yes." the creature nodded, "Very disappointing."
The griffon flies off while the creature walked to his Su-35S/BM parked nearby before he too took off and flies away.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

976117>>776112>>619114

I ANNOUNCE A NECRO-REVIVAL!

:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

Setton
Group Admin

... as in re-boot this thread, or restart completely?

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

I have no idea...

Setton
Group Admin

Well... I'm game, for a fresh entire RP, or a re-imagined re-boot of this puppy. Either way, we'll only be able to manage one at-a-time. (As I highly believe, we can only manage one.. to a point. Which means, if we all started a new one... current one would likely die.)

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion awoke slowly, inching her eyes open. She felt the constant and awkward motion, up-down, up-down, on both sides of her body, meaning that whatever was holding her was either pretty diminutive or had a screwed up walk cycle.

Turns out, its was diminutive, as she spun and sliced the dwarf Gekko into pieces.

She tapped her headset. "Archangel, you there?"

Static returned.

She tried again, whilst slowly beginning to continue down the corridor. The walls were really tight in this part of the ship, forcing her to holster all her weapons. "Must be quite far away. Nothing's getting through." Orion murmured.

"You're awake."

"Well, shit." Orion spun and eyed the speaker. The voice, was familiar... Though it carried a much more sinister tone.

"One of the greatest Commander from the pesky NLR, and a Moonblessed to boot!" Orion continued on. "How fortunate... For me."

"Where are you, you witch?" Orion asked angrily as she paced down the never-ending hallway.

"You're heading right for me, give or take a couple hundred meters." The voice was flippant. "Good job."

"I'm coming for you." Orion growled, increasing her speed.

"You are! But I doubt you'll make it."

Orion felt the heat. Looking back, she watched the walls begin to glow red in sequence, coming at her.

"It's important to keep the control center free of germs and unwanted substances." The voice laughed. "Emphasis on germs."

Orion was already running, trying to keep ahead of the glowing walls. Skidding around the corner, she saw the door, roughly a hundred meters more to go. Orion unfolded her wings, boosting her speed.

Still not fast enough. With less than twenty meters to go, the heat wave rolled over the mare, who promptly fell over as the high-intensity microwaves tried to fry her. Even if she wanted to cry, the heat caused her tears to evaporate before they dripped.

She reached out, pulling herself forward in prone. Each twitch a searing pike in her muscles, each breath burning her lungs.

Warning. Vitals low. An alarm sounded in her ear, which she promptly ignored. Too much was riding on her shoulders for her to give up now. Inch by inch, moment by moment, she dragged her burning body forward.

However, at five meters left, she collapsed. Orion sobbed quietly, as she waited for the microwaves to get it over and done with. She had nothing left, her muscles were too tired and ached like nothing else. Her sanity was slowly being drained.

There was nothing left.

The bridge of the Fortitude watched mutely, even as the spikes finally turned into a flat line.

Hawkeye pulled his peak cap forward, covering his eyes.

"She's... Gone?" Eagle's disbelieving voice echoed over the intercom.

"Yeah, kid. Even the Moonblessed can meet Grim." Hawkeye turned back to his duty. "Bridge, back to work."

"Cold."

"I'm not sacrificing the remainder of the Gracemerian mission for a submersible too far away for us to catch anymore. I'm sorry." Hawkeye retorted. "All elements, maintain battle positions. Last few RAY's are on approach to the castle."

(Because this was unfairly canned. Let's finish this.)

Setton
Group Admin

(Jesus, I wasn't expecting this again when I cracked open my inbox. While as much as I would love to finish this, I can't bring myself to formulate anything that would work. Too much time has passed for my memory to regurgitate whatever I had originally planned for this.)

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

(Make it up as you go along.
That's the point of something like this.)

Setton
Group Admin

(*Sighs* Yeap, I'll work on it when I'm not busy, for now... I need sleeps.)

• Viewing 301 - 350 of 319