Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Thunderbug80
Group Admin

Well, here I am 2 years after I said I was going to finish PonyFall...

...and there hasn't been a new chapter since then.

So why am I here writing this? Well, it has to do with the way we decided to end the series previously. As some of you may remember, I had actually finished my story with an ending that was rushed, and ended up spreading all the Equestrians out among alternate realities.

And then, two years ago, I decided to delete the final two chapters so I could end the series the way I want to without worrying about the other writers. I made one new chapter and that's been it since then.

Well, I still have the urge to continue this story. And I think that's the key difference here... I want to continue the story. Not just end it. There's so much more story left to write.

So here's my thought:

From this moment forward, every story in the PonyFall series is quite literally a separate reality.

For example, MrBackpack's story featuring Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna has ended. I believe he has no interest in ever changing it, thus, that ending is the ending for one reality.

My story branches off on the 'final morning,' with different events taking place. I will continue to write my story as its own reality. In this way, all of the stories intertwine as initially planned, and yet they are each their own separate story contained within it's own reality (which also fits a big theme of PonyFall). Additionally, should any of the old writers choose to ever pick their stories up again, they're not bound to follow my story at all. They can make it up as they go and have it play out the way they want to. I'm aware of at least one writer who has been somewhat interested in returning, and perhaps this will give him the freedom to do with it as he pleases.

So... yeah. That's all.

I know better than anyone that this could be considered by many an entirely useless gesture. The 'glory' days of PonyFall are most likely long gone, and a lot of that falls on my own shoulders. But, for what it's worth, I've never once stopped thinking of these stories, and despite my severely limited free time, I am determined to keep going until these characters lead us to a satisfying conclusion.

Love to all,
- Slorgy

Glad to see you back on the ball! Remember, if you need help of any kind, I am just a Skype call away, until I get Discord working.

I'm curious. Are Sunset Shimmer or Starlight Glimmer available for a story? Or any of the background Ponies?

I would like to write one for one of these Ponies.

Is that okay?

Thunderbug80
Group Admin

These stories take place before the events of season 3, so Sunset is still in the EQG world, and Starlight was in her Equality Town, far from the chaos blast.

I'm happy to allow an "unofficial" story through, though. Unless it blows me away and we make it canon.

Thanks for letting me know.
^_^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5