Reviews of MLP:FiM 47 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Magic135
Group Admin

MLP Reviews

After the last episode, which is just ok, we get another one that’s in the same league as that. Baby Cakes, like the last episode shows us family, but is a little different where instead of a school girl, we have newborn babies and what goes into taking care of them. We even see Pinkie Pie look after them, and it goes just as well as what you would expect.

The story, the Cakes are now parents with two twin babies; a boy named Pound Cake and a girl named Pumkin Cake. Pinkie is happy about this and has fun with them while the Cakes are busy. But when the parents find out about a big order they have to finish and deliver, they need somepony to watch the kids, but most of the Mane 6 are to busy, so they ask Pinkie to look after them, even if they were worried about it snice they know how she is. Pinkie takes job and while she thinks it’ll be easy to watch the twins, she’ll soon learn that there’s more to babies than just playing with them.

So, what’s good about the episode? Well, Pinkie’s character growth. What she went through in the episode was believable to anyone who had to look after babies or kids who are still young. Pinkie thought looking after babies mean more playtime, until she realized the responsibility she needed to do to fully handle kids at a young age. I like seeing Pinkie try to keep the kids in check, but found that trying to keep them in line was not as easy as she thought.

While we do get the usual comedy stuff we often see from Pinkie, we also see other emotions come out of her. She gets freaked out when the twins are hiding and is shocked when she sees them use magic and fly around. But the biggest emotion we get out of Pinkie is sad, the way she breaks down crying when everything gets out of control is something we can relate, and with the twins doing the same trick Pinkie did to make them laugh shows that they like the party girl and don’t want to see her sad, that was a nice moment and without giving away the ending, let’s just say Pinkie feels touched by the two.

While I don’t think its one of the shows best, it does have some merit for showing the responsibility of child care and learning that play can be done after one gets some work done. If you’re a Pinkie fan, check this out, if not, I’d say watch it once to see if its something that relates to you. The twins gave Pinkie a hard time, but after the craziness she went through, I think she learned how to handle them now.

Final rating: 7/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1