Reviews of MLP:FiM 47 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Magic135
Group Admin

MLP Reviews

After a history story last time, this time round, we’re talking about the importance of family. That’s were Family Appreciation Day comes in and who better to tell the story then with the apple family. This group cares about their family members more than anypony else, and this episode show us a side of Granny Smith we didn’t see coming. What is it? I’ll tell you after the plot.

The schoolhouse is having Family Appreciation Day where classmates have to bring in a family member to the school to talk about their business and what they do. Apple Bloom is worried about bring her Granny Smith to school, fearing she might embarrass her in front of the class. It didn’t help either that her older sister and brother are too busy getting ready for the zap apple harvest, a harvest that her granny had discovered when she was much younger. But her plans didn’t work and her Granny arrives at the school, but learns something she would never expect to come out of Granny.

Who didn’t fear that a member of someone’s family would embarrass them in front of their friends or classmates? What Apple Bloom went through is understandable, Granny Smith is kooky and silly, especially with what she’s doing to make her zap apple jam really great. But it’s around the end that Granny has depth to her character, I won’t spoil anything here, but I’ll just say that she knows more about Ponyville than what we thought.

While the attempts of the CMC to get Granny to not come to the school were a little forced, I can understand that they were helping Apple Bloom to not get embarrassed in front of her class. And we know Granny wasn’t Apple Bloom’s first choice, she was in this mess because of Diamond Tiara, who would do anything to put her down. At least she got punished by her dad, Filthy Rich, who seems like a cool guy and is on good terms with the apple family.

All-and-all, I liked this episode, we learn more about Granny Smith and her connection with Ponyville, and while she might be kooky sometimes, she has many stories to tell others about the past. I’d eat some toast with zap apple jam to watch this episode again, and check it out if you want to learn some Ponyville history. Granny Smith, without you, there would be no Ponyville, so thank you for your time.

Final Rating: 7/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1